SEFL | Good Company?

Yes overall sefl is a good place to work. Good benefits and no layoffs in the company's history are difficult things to find today. One thing is for certain though you do earn your money here but if you do your job and work smart this is a great place to be.

That place is a joke. If you like working 12-14 Hrs a day. Some people like to be able to have a life outside work but not there.

12 to 14 hours is good, over here we just seem to be getting cut, my dock hours went down to nothing, be careful what you wish for?

I have been with SEFL in for a year. It is a great place to work. The hours are long, but thats true with alot of freight companys. The money is good. The best thing about SEFL is the way you are treated. They make you feel appreciated. Yes, you are expected to be productive, but there are no unreal expectations. Another great thing about SEFL is the atmosphere. There is not alot of complaining. Read the threads on tb, most threads are negative. People are the loudest when they are not happy. SEFL is not a small company, notice how few threads there are.
There is alot of teamwork between drivers, dock, dispatch, and management. The leadership is fair.
Im not saying its perfect working at SEFL, but my expierence here has been great. I have worked at a few ltl truck lines. If you are going to work in the freight industry, i cant imagine a better place than SEFL.

been with sefl for 10 yrs as a city driver. each terminal is different, at my barn. they will work you to death i will tell you that. as a city driver you will have a work load for the day, and the faster you deliver and pick up the more dispatch is gonna give to you. have fun and dont kill yourself for them.

this is a good company but know matter where you go i believe its
mgmt hurts the company.yes we work 12 to 14 hours a day and no
you dont have a home life do to it and you are held responsible for what you do.
sefl dont pay overtime and i think that they could not afford to cause then they
would have to hold there supervisors accountable for what they do and they have
no clue of what to do. these 12 to 14 hours a day come from a dispatcher who has know clue and at 5
pm is sending you 20 miles across town to make a pick up that closes at 430 and he tells you to go by there.
20 miles out of the way-evening traffic-closes at 430- you arrive at 545 knowing these people have been gone
for 1.25 hours. and this is every day and not with just 1 driver....... add it up......

hey backstrap,looks to me like ur problem is communicating instead of crying to us try talking to ur supervisors make them aware of the time, just do what u can ,nobodys asking u to kill ur self,oh yeah who else is going to responsible for what U do ,no home life r u kidding me.Sound like u have other issues my friend,worry about ur self ,no this is not dr phil,been here a long time, try it for a week relax its not worth stroking out over it affects everyone around u,u probably know this already,take it easy

sounds like a guy who has work at every trucking company out there and still cant find one that works around him,can u make slurpees 7-11 is hiring

considering taking p&d in bham term. been debating over saia and sefl, just curious, anyone work for bham or ever worked at saia in bham and crossed over? I don't want to get into something that I'mnot gonna b comfortable with. Ran road for 19 yrs and heardmy kids grow up over a phone, been local driver now for6 yrs but 6day a wk and haven't got to enjoy alot of family time but doknow howmy bed sleeps now. Any opinions appreciated if u ain't totally pissed at ur tm,lol. thanks for anyinput

robo33 you ever heard of chap stick? sure you have cause you have to
keep it in your pocket everyday so your lips dont get stuck on the back
of some supervisor"s azzzzzz cheeks. HEAVYDUTY SEFL aint a bad place
but i have yet to see alot of home time and i work p&d. never thought when
i came to work here i would have to divorce my wife and marry this company.
ok ROBO33 you can come back with your comment now.