FedEx Freight | Good Luck LOU

Moving freight is simple. I move just under 10 million pounds a week. While that is small I did say previously I was a small business owner.

As for saying USF left me hanging, yes it's true they did. Should I have cut them loose at the first screw up? Already discussed that.

Nothing wrong with a 3PL as log as there is open and clear communication
3PL lie their asses off. The best hope any customer can have is a salesman from any ltl carrier come in and show them the light. Ditch the 3rd party and all the promises of savings and compare your bottom line at the end of the year after turning your business to a primary carrier.

3PL lie their asses off. The best hope any customer can have is a salesman from any ltl carrier come in and show them the light. Ditch the 3rd party and all the promises of savings and compare your bottom line at the end of the year after turning your business to a primary carrier.

Nothing like painting with a broad brush, huh?

CH Robinson just bought Freightquote.com for $365million, about half of the market cap of YRCW.

What did they tell you? (this is the part where you get to throw the Union under the bus)

They say the same things you do. "We're not paid enough", "I don't get paid for this or that", "now the company expects me to do this for the same money". Which may all be valid complaints to some.

But if it's true and it continues then LEAVE and find another job!!! The customers don't want to hear this crap, they just want their products delivered.

I call BS on this one. Back when I ran local, I picked up a slew of "Just One More's" because the union companies couldn't get a driver there in time to get the freight. Why? Because they had to wait on a "senior" driver to get the freight! I made a living on "Just One More's"!!!!
Come on guy. You exaggerate wildly. Nobody really makes living on just one mores. Most shippers have little choice as to who get the collect shipment. My experience has been the slowest company to pick up freight is SAIA, a non-union carrier. How can you possibly know it was the senior union guy's fault that those shipments sat on shipper's dock.

I think some on this board that saw these policies as "to strick" while others saw it as fair.

While I dont believe a required 30 minute break improves our safety overall I see this as a fair policy.

Do you also take your allotted 10 min breaks? Or do you skip them? Those contribute to overall safety as well...

While I am glad things worked out for your family.......you and Swamp are not coming anywhere near my business.

I would light it up and watch it burn first

You would be foolish, as you would not find a more customer service oriented driver anywhere. In truth, you'd likely be so impressed as to feel compelled to call FexEx and tell them how delightfully pleased you were. But then again, you might be too busy griping about that shipment you needed at 10:30, but didn't upgrade the service level, therefore it sat on the dock till the 12:00noon bid guy came in.

They say the same things you do. "We're not paid enough", "I don't get paid for this or that", "now the company expects me to do this for the same money". Which may all be valid complaints to some.

But if it's true and it continues then LEAVE and find another job!!! The customers don't want to hear this crap, they just want their products delivered.
And MOST are quite happy with Union shipping services. And YES, I said MOST. As in the vast majority.

Non-union carriers can get it there on time, no need to pay extra for additional services!
Problem solved!!!!

Not sure how your center works... But that is the exception. You want 10:30 guaranteed? It will cost you... Sort and segregate? Lift gate? Inside delivery (beyond reasonable)?

Not sure how your center works... But that is the exception. You want 10:30 guaranteed? It will cost you... Sort and segregate? Lift gate? Inside delivery (beyond reasonable)?

It shouldn't cost the customer anymore$$$.

If we (customer & carrier) sit down and agree upon a delivery window with a drop dead time no later than "X" and you (the carrier) can't meet that agreement in a consistent manner why should I have to call and request anything much less pay more?

A contract (something thrown around a lot on here) is agreed upon. The carrier in this case dropped the ball. So now the customer should pay more for a guaranteed deliver.

Nothing like painting with a broad brush, huh?

CH Robinson just bought Freightquote.com for $365million, about half of the market cap of YRCW.

I can use that broad brush because I deal with their lies on a daily basis. Sorry if that reality check stepped on your toes. 3pl's are nothing more than leaches.

More people and businesses use UNION shipping services than don't. They must be pretty content with those services, right?

Don't have those figured on hand. But I would bet the primary carrier for most companies is not a union carrier. They may use a union carrier for some shipments but not most.

Walmart, John Deer, Phillip Morris, Quaker Oates, Home Depot, Lowe's just to name a few do not have union carriers handling anything over and beyond what they don't move themselves. It's well now they outsource it to non-union 3PL"s

For starters, I don't complain to my customers about my compensation. I am paid hourly and am compensated every minute I am on the clock. After the 8th hour it gets even better at 1 1/2 times the rate of pay.

The beauty of letting you ramble on is as you speak you shoot holes in your story. You are using the most highly compensated drivers in the industry as your excuse against unions?

I find it hilarious that you didn't mention the totally unprofessional manner the management handed your complaint. Two thumbs up.

For starters, I don't complain to my customers about my compensation. I am paid hourly and am compensated every minute I am on the clock. After the 8th hour it gets even better at 1 1/2 times the rate of pay.

The beauty of letting you ramble on is as you speak you shoot holes in your story. You are using the most highly compensated drivers in the industry as your excuse against unions?

I find it hilarious that you didn't mention the totally unprofessional manner the management handed your complaint. Two thumbs up.

I find it ironic you miss the point that it seems to be the highest compensated that complain the most. It's not an excuse it's fact. If you need evidence of that look on this board. Plenty of union drivers boasting about how well they are taken care of while complaining that the "man" (company) is taking advantage of any non union driver posting here.

Talk about shooting holes into your story. Put the keypad down before you shoot your eye out.