FedEx Freight | Good Luck LOU

I see the forest fine but there is no need to respond.

"EX396" did a great job explaining my point.

Actually ex396 did not explain your point. Your's was one of customer satisfaction with union carriers. I debunked your misconception that customers have a low level of satisfaction with union service providers, end therefore avoid them. You'd be hard pressed to find many who avoid both UPS & USPS.

Ex explained points of his own, not yours. You did state that you (now?) see the forrest. I assume I made my point.

You are to far gone to see anything differently. Like I posted before, to you it will always be the management against the driver. No room for anything else.

I may have nibbled but I didn't bite....you keep me to full of your BS to take the hook line and sinker.
The BS you speak of is not my doing. It's stench comes forth every time you attempt to defend inept management. That burden falls squarely on the shoulders of you and the management of your carrier. The driver had nothing to do with this. Was he dispatched with your freight? No he was not. Keep reaching.

I don't see your point other than if you disagree it must be BS. Seems to be the pattern. But hope you got a new mailbox. I would hate for you not to get your regularly delivered newsletter.

That's because its clear you can't comprehend anything past the end of your nose!! You will always be a non and I will always be content with you right where your at!!!!

Yes, I realized you did not say LTL or revenue. That's why I specifically qualified my statement. When I speak larger picture about Union/Non-Union here I have been told "it's a truckingboard" so we should be talking about Teamsters, not the IBEW, the various POAs, MLBPA, SAG, etc. So, I decided to add some context to the union shipper vs. non-union shipper argument.

;) If the larger scope of the conversation is just talking "people and businesses" and utilization of union shipping services vs. non-union shipping services, I'd argue that there are billions of people and businesses in INDIA and CHINA that don't utilize either UPS or USPS ;)
Agreed, we both know what we are talking about... and surely we can agree it's not international customer relations.

I do recall reading somewhere about significant Intl. union presence, and it was more prevelant than I knew. I just can't justify the time to look it up and research it. Can you?

I'm sure you know the point I was making, and would likely agree. Unions can provide a high degree of customer satisfaction.

Last edited:
And MOST are quite happy with Union shipping services. And YES, I said MOST. As in the vast majority.

1. It was you who brought up service satisfaction. I only ask you which companies represent this vast majority.

More people and businesses use UNION shipping services than don't. They must be pretty content with those services, right?

2. It was you who said "more people and business use union shipping services than don't". Even put in bold letters so it would not be missed.

I named a few fortune 500 companies that I happen to know for a fact utilize non union carriers to deliver a majority of their freight. Sure you may have some union companies moving some but not the, what is the word, vast majority.

1. It was you who brought up service satisfaction. I only ask you which companies represent this vast majority.

2. It was you who said "more people and business use union shipping services than don't". Even put in bold letters so it would not be missed.

I named a few fortune 500 companies that I happen to know for a fact utilize non union carriers to deliver a majority of their freight. Sure you may have some union companies moving some but not the, what is the word, vast majority.

Fair enough... I thought it was you who expressed a dissatisfaction with union services, in general. If wrong, my bad. This was a LONG blood soaked thread, I could have missed who said what. I don't want to reread it. I take your word for it.

I spoke to all shipping services which would have to include UPS and even USPS, thereby reaching the vast majority of AMERICAN people and businesses.

Happy Friday to all! :cool::cool:

Fair enough... I thought it was you who expressed a dissatisfaction with union services, in general. If wrong, my bad. This was a LONG blood soaked thread, I could have missed who said what. I don't want to reread it. I take your word for it.

I spoke to all shipping services which would have to include UPS and even USPS, thereby reaching the vast majority of AMERICAN people and businesses.

Happy Friday to all! :cool::cool:

No harm here. Have a good weekend

That's because its clear you can't comprehend anything past the end of your nose!! You will always be a non and I will always be content with you right where your at!!!!

Your partially right, which seems to be a pattern.

I will always be a non and you will always have to be content with where I'm at. You can't change either one of those things.

I think I comprehended and responded to that quite well.

I'm sure you know the point I was making, and would likely agree.

Unions can provide a high degree of customer satisfaction.

Customers' satisfaction is very closely tied to customers' expectations. I believe many traffic managers utilize union carriers for the same reasons people buy Harley-Davidson's or bought Chevrolets in the 80's...the expectations aren't very high and they feel "good" about supporting those companies.

They are certainly my words, but they are also my view of what you are communicating in your posts...

I am not baffled at all......I believe I have a perfect understanding of your feelings/motives....

Take care of anyone that is taken advantage of........as long as it doesnt negatively impact or inconvenience ME....

World peace........as long as I dont have to sacrifice any land that I currently occupy....

I want my cake.......I also want to eat it too....

THERE IS NOTHING "WRONG" WITH ANY OF THESE PREMISES!

I do however, feel that you ought to extend the same courtesies to others that might have these same opinions that dont necessarily run parallel with your own beliefs....

Have you ever bashed a driver that didnt support your "cause" because he was a senior man on a nice bid and didnt want to foul up his good gig?

Have you ever bashed a company because they did some things to try and increase profits to ensure greater long term stability?

Tiring of this discussion, moving on now.....be safe....
I am sure I have given those I do not like a very hard time one way or another. I have no problem with those that want to organize or not. That is our choice as Americans and I respect that. What I have no tolerance for is a person that claims to be something that they are not.

My feeling towards 3pl's is one for our trade. I could care less if any 3pl makes one red cent. All I see is my customers taken from and my fellow truckers being driven into the poor house. I could give a rats ass less if you survive. It is all about my trade. I will be gone from the ranks soon but while I am here, none of your cohorts, constituents, or consortium members, are going to drive our wages and benefits down any further if I have a say in the matter.

What I have no tolerance for is a person that claims to be something that they are not.

My feeling towards 3pl's is one for our trade. I could care less if any 3pl makes one red cent. All I see is my customers taken from and my fellow truckers being driven into the poor house. I could give a rats ass less if you survive. It is all about my trade.

In which "trade" is that CDL truck driver who is employed by a 3PL involved ?

Voicing your opinion and speaking out is a great thing that many can not seem to do.
But if your employer gets tired of your voice? Theirs the door sonny.........
Let us know how that works out for ya.

Customers' satisfaction is very closely tied to customers' expectations. I believe many traffic managers utilize union carriers for the same reasons people buy Harley-Davidson's or bought Chevrolets in the 80's...the expectations aren't very high and they feel "good" about supporting those companies.

I understand your point. when it comes to retail and nostalgia I don't think you can make a case that UPS is gaining from lowered expectations, or benefiting from "sympathy" sales. They just do a good job.