FedEx Freight | Good Luck LOU

And the teamsters CAN guarantee better??????? No. its all in what is negotiated. I personally don't want somebody I don't know controlling my future. I know what I have at FXF. Is it perfect not by along shot. Could it be better sure it could. I can always find a job if I find (in your words that FXF is to oppressive work to work for). Do you even work for FXF ?????If the teamsters are so great why have the unions become a dinosaur since there inception??. At one time the unions did a great thing. Those days are long gone. They are all about money and power. They care about there members as much as FXF care about us. I didn't come to work for AF/FXF to have somebody to hold my hand and sing Combyya to me.

Why don't you do a Google search and see how many have organized lately and what became of their negotiations? You will see the before and after for yourself. There has not been any that went backwards at my local that recently joined. Better wages, better benefits, and protection from unjust termination. That is fact not fiction.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Why don't you do a Google search and see how many have organized lately and what became of their negotiations? You will see the before and after for yourself. There has not been any that went backwards at my local that recently joined. Better wages, better benefits, and protection from unjust termination. That is fact not fiction.

I don't doubt that. But they are not going up against FedEx. FedEx is not going to give up squat and will drag this out for years. And unless there are a butt load of terminal's It will take for ever to get a contract. I just don't like unions my family has been involved in unions my whole life and I don't want anything to do with them period.

I don't doubt that. But they are not going up against FedEx. FedEx is not going to give up squat and will drag this out for years. And unless there are a butt load of terminal's It will take for ever to get a contract. I just don't like unions my family has been involved in unions my whole life and I don't want anything to do with them period.

Interesting, your view on FedEx drawing negotiations out is based on what? The fear and doubt the company instilled in you?

Now why would fxf want to drag it out? Customers don't like labor disputes even when there is no threat of a strike. I think you will be surprised there and I don't think anyone will really be over joyed with the 1st contract. It will at least keep pace with the rest of the terminals in the system though and stuff will be locked in for at least a couple of yrs.

Now why would fxf want to drag it out? Customers don't like labor disputes even when there is no threat of a strike. I think you will be surprised there and I don't think anyone will really be over joyed with the 1st contract. It will at least keep pace with the rest of the terminals in the system though and stuff will be locked in for at least a couple of yrs.

Exactly! Market share is important. Social Media plays a significant role also. Uncle Freddy wants to keep that image. The first contract is the foundation everything is built on.

Just like ups freight drug it out....Did your family have a bad dealing with unions?

Just like ups freight drug it out....Did your family have a bad dealing with unions?

The way he told it his daddy crossed a picket line and was paid a visit by his coworkers he scabbed on.

The way he told it his daddy crossed a picket line and was paid a visit by his coworkers he scabbed on.

My dad worked for a non union company his whole life and still made sure I knew not to ever cross a picket line then is just a bone headed move to begin with

Now I can see how it was the unions fault...lol If true, talk about sticking a knife in your coworkers back....

This is not the same as UPSF and you know it. Its crap like this I can't stand and it is what has caused me to be accused of being a union basher. You have no more of an idea of how this is going to play out than I or anyone else does, but if I were a betting man I would say Fedex will try to prolong it as much as they can. You guys love to bring up UPSF as if this will be just like that, what about the Overnight organization effort that went real well. You guys love to say that the pro side ant the unions have made no promises and don't lie and for the most part that is true, but you like to use things that you have know way of knowing how they will play out as reason to vote yes. If you think the union is a net positive, and I do then say vote yes but don't insinuate that this will be a breeze like UPSF was and chastise anyone who see's it different as an idiot.

If I worked for a company that it's pilots are union.I dern sure be in one too.Why are people on the ground risking their lives everyday any less of a worker than the pilots? Drivers are skilled labor as well

If I worked for a company that it's pilots are union.I dern sure be in one too.Why are people on the ground risking their lives everyday any less of a worker than the pilots? Drivers are skilled labor as well

All I can figure is they have been sold the notion they aren't valuable.

This is not the same as UPSF and you know it. Its crap like this I can't stand and it is what has caused me to be accused of being a union basher. You have no more of an idea of how this is going to play out than I or anyone else does, but if I were a betting man I would say Fedex will try to prolong it as much as they can. You guys love to bring up UPSF as if this will be just like that, what about the Overnight organization effort that went real well. You guys love to say that the pro side ant the unions have made no promises and don't lie and for the most part that is true, but you like to use things that you have know way of knowing how they will play out as reason to vote yes. If you think the union is a net positive, and I do then say vote yes but don't insinuate that this will be a breeze like UPSF was and chastise anyone who see's it different as an idiot.
IWill play nice,You can't say they it won't be a upsf, my comment was meant that big bad fedex won't agree to a contract & big bad upsf did. As for the idiot comment, those are your words not mine....

IWill play nice,You can't say they it won't be a upsf, my comment was meant that big bad fedex won't agree to a contract & big bad upsf did. As for the idiot comment, those are your words not mine....

And why shouldn't you play nice? If you can't play nice you have no business being part of this conversation we should all be cordial to each other. I never said it won't be like UPSF, I said in my opinion it won't be, that's my opinion. I was just pointing out that when I have expressed my opinion in the past I have caught holy heck saying I have know idea what will happen. But its perfectly ok for people like you to allude to the idea that it will be just like the UPSF deal which you have know idea either. I'm just guessing based on what I know. By your own admission Fedex does not want this so I would guess they will fight it, and to some extent they have already started by filing appeals. Whereas UPSF pretty much went voluntarily with out a fight. Admittedly I don't know any better than you but I still think Comparing Fedex and UPSF is apples and oranges. As far as the idiot comment I never called anyone an idiot and I didn't say you did, I said you and people like you treat anyone who disagrees like idiot's. I said it in my other post, you think if anyone is against the union is just to dumb to see through the companies "lies" that's an unfair observation.

Interesting, your view on FedEx drawing negotiations out is based on what? The fear and doubt the company instilled in you?

You keep talking about the FEAR they instilled in me. They have done no such thing. I'm not afraid of FXF or the Teamsters. I have been in this business for 35 years. I have seen what the unions can and will do. I don't want anything to do with them................ Do you even work for FXF????

This is pretty much a no brainer overnite tried for years and years to get the union in. When UPS bought them the union was pretty much a lock. Yea I have had some crap experience's with unions my father was a teamster and most of my family worked in coal mines. So yea I know more about the unions than I like

Yes Yes Yes!!! Louisville!!!
EPH is in.
S Brunswick is in.
Charlotte is in.
A No puts ya right back to where ya started.
Why waste the time?
Yes and move forward to bigger and better things.
The companies aren't reliable...American Watkins Fedex.
You best stability is with your fellow drivers.

Fair enough... I think it's EQUALLY fair to criticize those that are "adamant", in their assertion that FedEx "will not negotiate", or "will not offer any more than we have now", or the most unlikely-" we'll end up with less". In truth, I think, the more support the movement gains, the more leverage we'll have. If there was even consistent 75% support, a contract in the ballpark of UPSF, would be very achievable, IMHO. Big "if", I know.

History. How bout the FACT that Overnite went seven years and NEVER sniffed a contract. With that being said, why would you assume that negotiations would be swift?

Last edited: