Yellow | Good News!

xxclutcher

TB Lurker
Credits
In the local meeting today the president said that next year, hold on to your hats, we are going to start organizing!!
Yes, that's right. Can you believe it? Wow! So let YRC collapse because I'm going to get one of those newly organized jobs over at, hmm, let's see,
FedEx, Conway, Old Dominion? Oh is doesn't matter, happy days are here again! Can't wait to pay my dues since they are finally getting to work organizing. I knew if I just wished hard enough and long enough our under paid and overworked officialdumb would come through. Wheee...

Sorry people for my sarcasm. The first sentence is true, unfortunately. I can't believe just how out of touch and disconnected from reality our local/intl. leadership is to think they can keep parading out that old tired line about organizing. Ray Charles could see that isn't happening.

Atta boy!! Don't even think about organizing....how silly. Keep the same attitude....expect the same results.
In the local meeting today the president said that next year, hold on to your hats, we are going to start organizing!!
Yes, that's right. Can you believe it? Wow! So let YRC collapse because I'm going to get one of those newly organized jobs over at, hmm, let's see,
FedEx, Conway, Old Dominion? Oh is doesn't matter, happy days are here again! Can't wait to pay my dues since they are finally getting to work organizing. I knew if I just wished hard enough and long enough our under paid and overworked officialdumb would come through. Wheee...

Sorry people for my sarcasm. The first sentence is true, unfortunately. I can't believe just how out of touch and disconnected from reality our local/intl. leadership is to think they can keep parading out that old tired line about organizing. Ray Charles could see that isn't happening.

They could use this negotiation to organize better than ever. BUT YRC OR THE BANKERS WOULD SHUT US DOWN IF WE PUT ONLY 2 PROPOSALS IN THERE.
(ne would be to contractually require YRC to undrcut the *****, to the point of misery resulting in them either joining or foreclosing their mortgagres, yet collect enough revenue to pay off their debt and require YRC to open the books so we could see what they bring in and spend. The IBT could up the dues $25/month or so, to all 1.3 million members and use that to make up a difference in our comp.......cut us weekly checks or contribute to the pensions with us. a sacrifice from all members to take back freight and quit making unions lok scared and stupid and corrupt.

A PLAN SIMILAR TO THAT MIGHT WORK.

BUT ANYTHING HELPING US ORGANZIE LIKE THAT, EVEN THOUGH DESIGNED TO HELP PAY OFF THE DEBT WOULD BE FOUGHT BY THE BANKS..............BECAUSE THE GAME IS TO BRAKE THE UNIONS THROUGH DEBT. AND CONTROL THE WHOLE INDUSTRY AND COUNTRY AND LABOR LAWS AND TRADE LAWS, IMO.

They could contrctually force YRC to drop the rates low enough to cause widespread misery throughout the industry. Yet force them to pay off the debt . IF THEY WANT UNORTHODOX NO TIME LIMIT CONTRACTS, THEN WE TOO COULD HAVE UNORTHODOX CONTRACTUAL REQUIREMENTS TO HELP US ORGANIZE THAT DONT COST A DIME OF YRC MONEY. If the IBT thinks it worthwhile to help yrc, then use brains in negotiating and use this contract to do it......another 5 years will not do it without thing to help us in it. The IBT could make up the difference through dues increases and pay us checks or pension contributions with it. IT COULD BE CATEGORIZED AS ORGANIZING MONEY.

IVE SEEN SOMETHING SIMILARLLY DONE ON A MUCH SMALLER SCALE WHEN MACK TRUCKS INC, TRIED TO LEAVE OUR AREA FOR SC. THE GUYS WHO WENT GOT $100 /WEEK FROM THE UNION IT KEEPS THE MISERY DOWN.

you can cross old dominion off the list to organize, have you ever talked to a od driver?
every one of them talks very highly of the company,very fair treatment ,newer equipment,plenty miles etc etc.
it would be a loosing battle to try and organize them. fed ex,con way,CT/vitran could prob be done.

When I saw the "Good News" post I thought for sure you were going to say you saved money on your car insurance. :D
I hope you guys have heard that commercial on the radio so you know what I am talking about.

When I saw the "Good News" post I thought for sure you were going to say you saved money on your car insurance. :D
I hope you guys have heard that commercial on the radio so you know what I am talking about.
I am not sure what insurance company, you are talking about, but FLO has my attention. OH BABY!!!!!!:bananag:

They could use this negotiation to organize better than ever. BUT YRC OR THE BANKERS WOULD SHUT US DOWN IF WE PUT ONLY 2 PROPOSALS IN THERE.
(ne would be to contractually require YRC to undrcut the *****, to the point of misery resulting in them either joining or foreclosing their mortgagres, yet collect enough revenue to pay off their debt and require YRC to open the books so we could see what they bring in and spend. The IBT could up the dues $25/month or so, to all 1.3 million members and use that to make up a difference in our comp.......cut us weekly checks or contribute to the pensions with us. a sacrifice from all members to take back freight and quit making unions lok scared and stupid and corrupt.

A PLAN SIMILAR TO THAT MIGHT WORK.

BUT ANYTHING HELPING US ORGANZIE LIKE THAT, EVEN THOUGH DESIGNED TO HELP PAY OFF THE DEBT WOULD BE FOUGHT BY THE BANKS..............BECAUSE THE GAME IS TO BRAKE THE UNIONS THROUGH DEBT. AND CONTROL THE WHOLE INDUSTRY AND COUNTRY AND LABOR LAWS AND TRADE LAWS, IMO.
Slave- put down the crackpipe and step away!!!

Better news from northeast. Locals Telling members to use all vacation and sick time immediately and to start filling out applications.

Grow or die and watch your local be combined with a stonger local! Our local 107 has taken over 470 ie merged and 837 also ie merged but they took the Predisent of 470 and one BA all quietly retired! LOL! 837 we took there building none of their staff! Like I said grow or die :Duel:

OD in Pennsauken NJ voted in 107 or 676 several years back nothing became of it they witch hunted the Yes people out and it drug out to the point that they decertified etc. They fired all the management there and brought in good old boy company men. My experience just talking to OD Drivers at a stop or the such is they are like robots only know one thing and have no opinion. My theory is they do not know anybetter and most came from outfits that treated them like:fan: ie truckload carriers your typical 39cpm outfits ,5 borough with sleeper and 53' trl etc and are not being treated like:fan: now They do not know anybetter?

you can cross old dominion off the list to organize, have you ever talked to a od driver?
every one of them talks very highly of the company,very fair treatment ,newer equipment,plenty miles etc etc.
it would be a loosing battle to try and organize them. fed ex,con way,CT/vitran could prob be done.
forgot to add to my reply to this see above

OD in Pennsauken NJ voted in 107 or 676 several years back nothing became of it they witch hunted the Yes people out and it drug out to the point that they decertified etc. They fired all the management there and brought in good old boy company men. My experience just talking to OD Drivers at a stop or the such is they are like robots only know one thing and have no opinion. My theory is they do not know anybetter and most came from outfits that treated them like:fan: ie truckload carriers your typical 39cpm outfits ,5 borough with sleeper and 53' trl etc and are not being treated like:fan: now They do not know anybetter?

That and the ones I've talked to are not happy there. They are fresh out of driving school or are o/o's who couldn't afford to keep their rigs. You can't go by what the half dozen company clowns on the od forum say. That board is heavily moderated and censored. I've gotten several pm's from members there telling me how they can't post what they feel due to what the mods or company will do to them.

That and the ones I've talked to are not happy there. They are fresh out of driving school or are o/o's who couldn't afford to keep their rigs. You can't go by what the half dozen company clowns on the od forum say. That board is heavily moderated and censored. I've gotten several pm's from members there telling me how they can't post what they feel due to what the mods or company will do to them.

I though we lived in a free country? no rite to censorship? No surprise there total:horse****:

I though we lived in a free country? no rite to censorship? No surprise there total:horse****:

I always love when they post their earnings Of course they would have record profits every quarter! They don't play by the same rules as most not all carriers ,O/T for starters. Outfits that do not pay O/T rub me the wrong way! Plain just wrong:ranting2:

Oh boy I can go get one of those new jobs that doesn't have a the pension plan and I'll have a 401 K just like everyone else Thank You Jimmy Hoffa Jr

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

They had Conway in the midwest, back in 10 or 11, but took the annual holiday break and never got back to the boys at Conjob, the locals wouldnt even return phone calls,, as for Vitran, they might not be around long enough, talk on the street is Central is picking up more and more of their frieght..