got a call

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by shifty, Sep 11, 2011.

1. shifty

shifty Member

i got a call about a job out of vally view i work for another ltl and want to know if its worth it.

2. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

Valley View? what position? Linehaul? P&D? Dock? Office? what company do you work for now?

3. shifty

shifty Member

i guess line haul and big e

4. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

I don't know where Valley View is located, what major city is this near?

5. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

The big question here is, is it worth it? The answer is hard pin-down, but many factors you should consider.
    How much seniority do you have at your current employer? This question will encompass many factors especially a linehaul position;i.e., vacation scheduling,bidding position on the board, equipment assignment, week-end work, etc.
    What level of pay compensation are you currently at? Your next employement will be starting over at bottom pay regardless of your experience.
    Even more important to factor in to your decision is, how long will it take to re-gain what you give up by switching employers? Will you have a longer or shorter commute to work if you change jobs? Will you for decades be stuck with what's left-over for vacation, bidding runs, etc. How large of a service center and what's the make-up of the drivers there?, are there alot of drivers younger than you that have been with the company for decades before you?
    All these question should be considered in determing if 'it's worth it'
    Good Luck with your decision, take your time, it's a big decision.

6. shifty

shifty Member

thats what im trying to figure out. im happy where im at but im always looking for better. i wouldnt look if i was not trying to better myself and my family.

7. shifty

shifty Member

located in cleveland under the 480 vally bridge

8. FLYINGBY

FLYINGBY Member

Dude you got NO SENIORITY AT BIG E, just wait till you spend 10 years and the first 6 were great years and then they decide to get rid of most of your linehaul runs and make most runs hub runs. Then you find yourself out on Extra Board wondering if Linehaul will ever come back, in the mean time all those new guys took the few hub runs we had now got the 500 mile runs but they are hub, you are crap out of luck
    because you did'nt go hub a few years back.
    Get away from this Category run company, cause if they change operations and way they run there freight you might find yourself on the short end of the stick. Get out while you can!!
    I take it your out of Cleveland, so you might be lucky, but man I see a Hub Terminal sometime in the future out east and it will effect LINEHAUL.

9. 2152

2152 Member

go where your heart is ,be happy that you got a job.