Got a problem on the site

Discussion in 'Announcements and Help' started by Jeff, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

The New Post button is not working right now... I am working on it..

2. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Search feature is not working at this moment... I will fix everything asap

3. mud

mud Wonderin'

Safari and Firefox are issuing me warnings about going to your site Jeff. Just sayin'.

4. DonRobbie

DonRobbie Active Member

Getting malware warnings as well on Google Chrome

5. Trucker

Trucker Forced Dispatch

Same here with the malware warning, this is the info I get:

6. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

I think I have it cleaned up now....

Google warning should be off soon

7. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

This would be a good time to tell everyone that it is always best to have a good anti-virus program that updates itself regularly, there are many good free ones as well
    My Favorite is Avast! avast! | Download Free Antivirus Software or Internet Security
    Or many other free ones can be found here

Malware is everywhere on the internet and all it is is a big game of cat & mouse, if you get infected with Malware use the program below, they have a free version
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware! also Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download

8. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

Same here Jeff on Chrome, I just now logged in and it wouldn't let me, had to copy and paste the address, its never happened before.

9. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

I was getting "blackhole toolkit" blocked, when I clicked thread link in email

10. R-14Driver

R-14Driver Well-Known Member

If anyone is still having a problem please try some simple steps . On what ever browser you are using please clear your cookies and also you history . After that any old warning message that where saved to your catch should be gone . Hope that helps .

11. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

12. Docker

Docker Banned

Another good anti virus is also free from Microsoft...Microsoft Security Essentials and can be downloaded here:

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Also...Advanced SystemCare Free (formerly Advanced WindowsCare Personal) has a one-click approach to help protect, repair, clean, and optimize your PC. It will keep your PC clear of adware and malware and keep your PC from slowing down and keep it running smooth.It can be found here:

Advanced SystemCare Free 5/4/3 Download Review for Windows XP/Vista/7 - IObit

13. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

We are good again.... Sorry about the problems but it goes along with the territory. The internet is a dark place and there are plenty out there who want to do harm to your computer for a number of reasons, Mostly financial reasons, they like to steal your financial information. Do yourself a favor and use the links provided above to secure your PC, schedule and do your windows updates, keep your browsers and plugins for your browsers up to date.

I am just a truck driver, like you... I never took a computer class so I basically winged this from day 1, I have learned alot of how things get exploited on websites over the years but I am in no way as smart as those who design the programs to do this. All I can do is react and fix what is broken or exploited after it is done, The beauty of running the best forum software is any problem that arises most likely you can find something on it to fix it, there are certainly sites on the internet who's sole intention is to distribute Malware, but probably 99% of those have no idea they are even doing so because websites get exploited. Don't think the owner of this website (me) or basically any other website you visit often is trying to get over on you or mess up your pc if you see this problem again, It's likely to happen again one day, could be 15 mins from now or 5 years from now, so just keep your PC protected from Malware for any website you visit and then you don't have to worry about it.

Also NEVER hesitate to contact me if a problem like this arises, The sooner I know the sooner I can fix it.

Thanks
    Jeff

14. Phantom 309

Phantom 309 Big Joe

CCleaner rocks....just sayin.
    I use the pro version and it gets rid of the crap and leaves your good stuff alone.

15. Dude-PWB-

Dude-PWB- Living on the edge

Linux FTW!!

No need for viri/malware/spyware scanners here.

Jeff is right though, you need to make sure you are secure because these script kiddies will strike anywhere, anytime. My biggest issue with microsoft is Internet Exploder (explorer). Any operating system that allows an internet browser to have full access to the systems complete file system is just begging for problems, but microsoft still hasn't figured it out. Do yourself a favor and use Firefox/Opera/Chrome and leave Internet Exploder on the back burner where it belongs. If you are a real adventurous person, try Linux and never worry about it...

16. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

17. mud

mud Wonderin'

I am having the same problem with Firefox. If I go to Truckingboards with Safari, I can't log in. Camino works.

18. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Check and see if any problems are still there and let me know.

19. Phantom 309

Phantom 309 Big Joe

I had same problem. I'm on Firefox. Problem cleared up now.

20. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Hopefully I will figure it out fully before too long....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.