Central Transport | got an idea for a new hand book

daysofglory

TB Lurker
Credits
hey got this idea of a drivers hand book to anwser some of the stupid questions you are asked in a day working here. thought this might be fun and a good refrence for when stupidy comes a callin. example why did you not pick that up. let me email sombody at corp.i 'll get back to you on that. that kind of stuff some real good wise guy anwser's like you get from them. oh my let me bask in your greatness people.

while driving i get an email, when i stop at next delivery i read it. "quick, look at your tablet for pickup". by then i already passed that city and went through two more.

Don't you just love it when they call you on your personal phone and tell you that they are sending a pickup. But can not be bothered to answer the dang phone when you call into them. Sometimes my dispatch will email me to my personal email account. Like I really have time to read my personal emails, let alone theirs when I am working.

not to mention using personal phones while on the clock is against the rule book we got,,,,, of course so is a lot of other things we do on a daily basis

were are you right now anwser in my truck. or what's your eta ok you tell me what's my eta to what . is this a trick question no to your 15th stop out of twenty well i just left the yard it's ten now maybe 3 or 4 well they need it now ok but i can only give them the two skids of tires i have on the tail if they want that. well they are on the phone right now so call them and tell them when you can get there. really why don't you put me on hold and tell them yourself. 3 or 4 this afternoon ok i tell them around lunch. ok but i hope they eat late better yet tell them 3 or 4. but there on the phone right now. all right i'll make this easy for you tell them after i get my 14th stop off they will be next. i was told ok that's better than 3 or 4. i got there at 7pm should have taken 3 or 4 and then they told me they would have rather had it the next day when i got there but the person on the phone would not listen to what they were asking them cause nobody was going to be home until after 4pm. like i said before you can't make this up even if you tried

or how long till you can get to such and such well maybe an hour if traffic is light so how long till you can get there oh maybe an hour and 15min but you just said a hour when i 1st asked you yes i did but you never anwsered me after i told you and that was about 15min ago well they close in a half an hour so do you really want me to go there well how long will it take you well lets see it is about 30miles in a very heavy traffic area about a dozen traffic lights how about 55 min anwser go ahead maybe they will still be there. put on tablet called coustomer. we picked it up the day before. but waysted 40mins and missed 3 other pu's