Got the CALL....I am on cloud NINE..What can I expect at the Interview?

Things are going fine...

My husband was called in for an interview in Wisconsin... he is very nervous, because he was told that Walmart is extremely fickle and only hire the best of the best. We hear that the driving test will, ultimately, determine the success of the interview... Anyhoo, I saw your post from 10/2010-- and now I see that you were accepted... What is to be expected of the 2nd interview? Is Walmart all that you hoped it would be? Any regrets?

My husband was called in for an interview in Wisconsin... he is very nervous, because he was told that Walmart is extremely fickle and only hire the best of the best. We hear that the driving test will, ultimately, determine the success of the interview... Anyhoo, I saw your post from 10/2010-- and now I see that you were accepted... What is to be expected of the 2nd interview? Is Walmart all that you hoped it would be? Any regrets?

If I understand you correctly, your husband has already had an interview? If so, the second interview is not really an interview--it's a job offer, so he should be all set. If he hasn't interviewed at all yet, just relax, be honest, and above all be positive! If the interview goes well, then comes the driving test.

I myself am very glad I made the move, and have no regrets to speak of. It's a top-notch operation and they really know how to treat a professional driver.

Best of luck!

I had an interview at Walmart dc in Brookhaven.. That went good, I guess, they gave me road test! The safety guy that administered the driving test said I did great! They then took me upstairs and I signed some background paperwork! What do u think is this a good sign?

I'd say it looks good. They'll now be checking your work references, and if good they'll be giving you a call for the second interview (job offer) in a couple of weeks. Good luck.

Walmart transport verified my current employer yesterday!! They r pissed because I didn't tell them I applied!! Hope Walmart hires me now!!

Ah, I remember that well. My safety director came out and said, "We just received material from Walmart about you." I replied, "Well, I was expecting that." He said, "You know, if you go through the hiring process and then turn them down they'll never speak to you again." I replied, "Thanks, but it's a moot point because I'm not planning on refusing them." They never thought I would actually walk away from 25 years seniority until I actually gave my notice. Two years later, I'm very glad I made the jump.

I didn't get the job because I recently renewed my lincense and my hazmat endorsement was not on my license! Had the temporary receipt DMV gave me for passing hazmat test! But that's not good enough for Walmart! I've had a hazmat endorsment for 13 yrs! This Is the process they do after 9/11! I'm devastated and my current employer was contacted by Walmart already, and their pissed already!! Hope I don't get fired!!