Central Transport | Got to leave this place

txharley

TB Lurker
Credits
After talking to my dispatcher, I was informed that the driver breaking freight will now be permanent. When they started this on us it was supposed to be temp but guess what. Hell, can't even log out before you work the dock. They set it up that you have to work the dock and can't leave till you do. The HH's are locked to that protocol. The merry-go-round of trucks is horrible. After driving the same truck for over 1.5 years it was taken and I have had 4 trucks since. Every night another truck or two leaves and someone else's junk comes in. How much longer I stay in this truck is anybody's guess.
Even though my dispatcher is in MI he really isn't that bad. My route usually is about 300 miles a day and some of the roads are 1.5 lane gravel or hard pack dirt. After I sent him pics of some of the routes he has a better idea of why it takes a while and doesn't bug me. What he can't understand tho is that when I am held for over an hour so 1 more delivery can be put on, that I wind up running late. He also said that the main reason that CT lost Vitran freight is because CT rates were higher than Vitran. Doesn't really believe it's because of their reputation.
TM is a total jack#@#. He will cuss out drivers and belittle them every chance he gets. He cares more of following rules than trying to make things work. The HR guy is the same way but an attitude that I describe as worse for he has that I am always right "holier than thou" manner. He thinks he is still in the service and treats us the same way.
CT also has the ability to lose your hours or days. I just got shorted two of work and had to get the TM to find them and get my consist pay. Other drivers usually are just missing hours and it takes a while to get them .
I believe CT wants sheeple working for them. Drivers who will just follow blindly and not complain. I am not one of those. I have job apps out and continue to look until I find another job then I'm outta here. The hard part is that once you hit 60 it gets harder to get a job, but I keep trying.

Harly, are you in Texas? If you are anywhere near Midland-Odessa, finding a job will not be an issue. Everybody here is hiring

After talking to my dispatcher, I was informed that the driver breaking freight will now be permanent. When they started this on us it was supposed to be temp but guess what. Hell, can't even log out before you work the dock. They set it up that you have to work the dock and can't leave till you do. The HH's are locked to that protocol. The merry-go-round of trucks is horrible. After driving the same truck for over 1.5 years it was taken and I have had 4 trucks since. Every night another truck or two leaves and someone else's junk comes in. How much longer I stay in this truck is anybody's guess.
Even though my dispatcher is in MI he really isn't that bad. My route usually is about 300 miles a day and some of the roads are 1.5 lane gravel or hard pack dirt. After I sent him pics of some of the routes he has a better idea of why it takes a while and doesn't bug me. What he can't understand tho is that when I am held for over an hour so 1 more delivery can be put on, that I wind up running late. He also said that the main reason that CT lost Vitran freight is because CT rates were higher than Vitran. Doesn't really believe it's because of their reputation.
TM is a total jack#@#. He will cuss out drivers and belittle them every chance he gets. He cares more of following rules than trying to make things work. The HR guy is the same way but an attitude that I describe as worse for he has that I am always right "holier than thou" manner. He thinks he is still in the service and treats us the same way.
CT also has the ability to lose your hours or days. I just got shorted two of work and had to get the TM to find them and get my consist pay. Other drivers usually are just missing hours and it takes a while to get them .
I believe CT wants sheeple working for them. Drivers who will just follow blindly and not complain. I am not one of those. I have job apps out and continue to look until I find another job then I'm outta here. The hard part is that once you hit 60 it gets harder to get a job, but I keep trying.
That TM must be Hartman and he must be out of Dallas

that was the worst job i've ever had since i started working and when i left it was like being reborn. when i walked out the door for the final time it was similar to an inmate being released, that's was after i peed all over the toilet seat. goodbye, good riddence.

I believe CT wants sheeple working for them. Drivers who will just follow blindly and not complain. I am not one of those. I have job apps out and continue to look until I find another job then I'm outta here. The hard part is that once you hit 60 it gets harder to get a job, but I keep trying.[/QUOTE

I HAVE TO DISAGREE ON ITS HARDER TO GET A JOB AT 60 FOR ME ITS HARDER TO DO THE JOB @ 60 BUT I PUT MY BEST FOOT FOWARD EVERY MORNING ....GOOD LUCK AND GET OUT NOW !

Yes, I am in Dallas. Doing the work isn't a problem, it's when you put in 14 hours a day. That makes you really tired and it is hard to catch up on rest. Hypocrasy is when the company tells you that have to to be well rested and then they add more hours and work to your job.

It seems you are not alone. Talked to one of your guys today said that 4 drivers didn't show up for work today, had other jobs. That kind of exodus has to be hard to accommodate.

Well its sucks you have to leave at your age, but I would say you don't need the stress, I know a guy that started out again around that age and he is a lot happier he got the hell out...