TForce | Got to make sure everybody see's this.

just-me said:
Everyone gets to do card check..
don't let them brain wash you ,,I work in Indy,,
We didn't by the company crap they preach we did somthing about things ,,we are gonna make history..Go Get Your Cards Signed NOW..
Don't wait you'll be standing in line when the big rush hits for the cards to be validated by the Arbitrator,,don't wait start signing your cards ,,,NOW:d6625240:

just-me, you're not gonna make history, You already did.

Congratulations Brother:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ya made history alright, but don't forget you don't have a contract yet! Now that will make history when indy can't settle on another contract and decertify agian!!

concerned citizen said:
Skeeter has the right idea. The only true way for your company to prosper, and in turn you to prosper with it, is through conscientious hard work. I am one of the new teamsters here in Indy and I can tell you that we didn't organize and become union just so we could become lazy. My experience has been just the opposite. Physically, the hardest I ever worked in my life was a union driving/delivery job. It was also had the best pay and benefits that I've ever had in my life. I would still be working there if the MANAGEMENT there weren't running the company into the ground with all of their poor decisions.

Great post CC, without mutual cooperation and hard work neither side can prosper and both sides know this

The days of "lazy Teamsters" are long gone.

Energizer said:
Ya made history alright, but don't forget you don't have a contract yet! Now that will make history when indy can't settle on another contract and decertify agian!!

Energizer, I can't guarantee a contract in Indy but in my opinion, there will be one.

You can't compare the past with whats happeneing today. UPS is calling the shots now.

UPS knows how to make money with union employees and whether you go union or not will not affect theri plans for the company.

Energizer said:
Its amazing to me how many people dont get it Its not O anymore Believe it or not that does make a difference in these issues. There will be a contract in indy!

dvr49 said:
stldude44; Their dealing with a UPS owned affiliate, just like the pilots, and it took them 3 years to get a contract, Indy only has until March 2007.Indy went through this before and I believe in the end they decertified the union.Why the union can't leave us alone and mind their own business is beyond me. A no vote for life.
dvr49,
you have apparently misunderstood some of the posts here. The card check agreement for us expires in March 2007, which is not a problem here in Indy because we have not only completed it and are certified Teamsters, but we begin contract negotiations in September. There is no time limit on the contract negotiations, but all indicators say that both UPS and the Teamsters Union want it finished as quickly as possible. UPS doesn't want labor problems to ruin their 100th anniversary in '07.

Energizer said:
It wasn't that Indy couldn't settle on a contract, it was the fact that Leo and his cronies refused to sit down and negotiate. Those poor guys out there on the line tried their hearts out for 3 years and finally gave up in frustration and decertified so they could return to work without reprisal. It's a whole different ballgame this time around though. That's why those same guys signed enough cards to put us over 80%! Union or not, if you others would quit bickering and arguing amongst each other, you could show that kind of strength also. United strength like that is how things get done.

dvr49 said:
stldude44; Their dealing with a UPS owned affiliate, just like the pilots, and it took them 3 years to get a contract, Indy only has until March 2007.Indy went through this before and I believe in the end they decertified the union.Why the union can't leave us alone and mind their own business is beyond me. A no vote for life.
I'm with you no vote for life......:wacko:

Energizer said:
I'm not say they will or won't get a contract it just seems that everyone thinks it going to be a done deal.
I keep telling everyone do not count your chickens before they hatch..there are far more anti union advocates than you realize..Even if Indy signs this guarantees nothing for the other terminals.....

I have heard different opinions from the UPS parcel guys that pickup and deliver at my office. One of the guys said that he thought we would be very happy going union..Then the guy the does our regular deliveries said for UPSF sake, they don't want to be union. It just depends on who you talk to.

Valerie said:
I have heard different opinions from the UPS parcel guys that pickup and deliver at my office. One of the guys said that he thought we would be very happy going union..Then the guy the does our regular deliveries said for UPSF sake, they don't want to be union. It just depends on who you talk to.
Val i've told other guys that (T251)and he flat out called me a liar.....Sometimes the truth hurts....:wacko:

Johnnybegood said:
Val i've told other guys that (T251)and he flat out called me a liar.....Sometimes the truth hurts....:wacko:

JBG, let me tell you something about T-251 that you may not realize. He has been 100% accurate on everthing he's said to this point.

He's worked freight and he's now with UPS so he knows what he's talking about.

I know you don't want to listen to what he has to say but maybe you should. You just might learn something from someone that been there and done that

thanks CFer, you and T251 have been a big help for the most of us at UPSF, the ones who are willing to listen to both the pros and cons. the pros want a contract and the cons say we dont need one. thanks again and I thank all the people who post good info. I goof arround here but its serious, even i am getting tired of all the childishness. but DY is such an easy mark.

CFer said:
JBG, let me tell you something about T-251 that you may not realize. He has been 100% accurate on everthing he's said to this point.

He's worked freight and he's now with UPS so he knows what he's talking about.

I know you don't want to listen to what he has to say but maybe you should. You just might learn something from someone that been there and done that

T251 is a good man he knows what he is talking about. He might pull you leg every once in a while. He is a straight shooter.

Valerie said:
I think you will find this in any working enviroment. Union or not if you have not had any problems with a company or a union, Its a great company or union. If you have had problems with a company or a union its the worst thing in the world. This is why its best not to take any one's word for it either way. Its best to read the agreed apon master contract and decide if it will benefit you and you family or not.