TForce | Got to make sure everybody see's this.

pgh1994 said:
It's plan and simple. The Teamsters are going broke due to poor management. and if I was a lazyas yankee I might need someone to support me too. As of research the last attempt is good enough for me. Now on leaving. You already tried once to organize us. Why aren't you leaving? Why is it that when you speak to other teamster they call Hoffa a crook? What kind of shape is you pension plan in? Why do hard working people allow the teamster to keep ripping them off?
I'll have 30yrs in at 55 what can you guarantee me at 55?(Not jack)

I could go on with all the broken promises, but there is something I can promises you. I have retirement and it's secure and you fleas can never take it.

Good day
Who exactly is us? You no longer work for O or are not the only company involved. Get over yourself and realize it is not about you or me.....It is about what the majority wants...And if it is the union then.......I don't think it has really sunk into you yet who you work for.....And unhappy UPS drivers.....Please......Maybe stressed out and worked WAY hard....But you are telling us that the best paid drivers on the road are uhappy? And the union is the reason they get what they get like it or not....I think you have just been baking in the Texas sun a little too long....I WORK FOR UPS FREIGHT JUST LIKE YOU!!!!!!!

I am a little befuddled by the contradictory musings of the anti-union crowd.

It seems, according to them, that the union is only after "their money". Or "their pension". Or the union is packed full of evil thugs itching to start busting heads and perpetrating bad deeds.

Most of the pro-union guys on here are drivers like yourselves, many of us have worked both sides of the fence, and know a bit about the issues. There are a lot of intelligent, bright guys on here touting the good of going union, but it seems that with some of you all, it goes in one ear and out the other.

My question to those of you who are die-hard anti-union is this: if the union is such a bad deal, and if it's such a horrible bunch of people, why are so many guys on here saying such good things about it? Are we on some dark, hidden union payroll? Do we have ulterior motives? Or are we simply too stupid to understand how we are being deluded by the union?

I'm curious to hear from some of you as to why you think so many of us are so pro-union. Most of us have admitted the union isn't perfect; or that it is a cure-all for all problems.

Speaking for myself, I think many of us have taken up this debate because we believe in it, and care about seeing our fellow drivers get a better deal than what they have been getting. Do you not think many of us have walked in your shoes before? Because many of us have. Do you not ever stop and think that we know what you all have, and we know hwat we have under the union umbrella is for the most part a far better deal than we ever had non-union? And not just in pay and benefits, but in having a voice in our future and our job.

I wasn't born into this union, but my deep belief in the positives of unionism have grown over seventeen years-plus of being a part of this industry, of which only the last eight or so have been as a Teamster.

I am highly critical of things that have been done by this union, but I still believe we can and are improving. I personally got more involved in my union to ensure that change happened to my satisfaction.

My point to all of you who doubt the motives of the union that you listen a bit more carefully to the experiences and thoughts of those of us who have walked both sides of the path, and understand we are not the enemy. I have never made the mistake of placing the union or any of it's leaders on a pedestal and saying they were or are perfect, and no one else should either.

The union is simply a tool I use to better my way of life. You get down to where the rubber meets the road, and get past all of the union rah-rah stuff, that is what the union is about. Don't mistake our pride in our organization for blindness to it's faults, but don't think that having faults makes the union a bad tool, either.

The union is what it is: a tool for workers to use to better their lives. The statistics prove that union workers make better wages on average; have better benefits and healthcare coverage; and on the whole are better off. But what you have seen in the last three decades is a wholesale attempt by business and politicians to weaken the union presence in the workforce, and not for the betterment of society, either.

On the contrary, it was for the betterment of "shareholder value", and run-up in the markets of the Eighties and Nineties prove that to a large degree. We as Americans are being sold a bill of goods every day that our lives are better, our jobs are more secure, and that the middle class is more properous.

The facts prove the exact opposite is happening. More Americans every day are living without any health insurance at all, personal debt is climbing through the roof; median wages are not keeping up with inflation in the middle class; and on and on it goes.

I am not saying unionism cures every single one of these ills. But it can be a big part of the middle class taking back what they have lost over the years.

All I'm asking any of you on the anti-union side is to look at recent history and think about the facts a little bit, and not act on just an emotional gut level...

AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE IF UNIONS WERE BAD.....WOULD WE BE A UNION OF STATES ( united states of america)??????

Shifterknob, I couldn't have said it better. But to the undecided, a little history lesson. Before and during the strike, the raises and benefits kept coming as long as there was a union presence. When it all ended, they went right after the road drivers, A new drop and hook formula was put in place. The one we had was just fine. In my case, the cut in pay for drops and hooks was about $157 a week. You do the math. The next year, they went after the road driver again by making all runs 50 miles or less to be on the clock.Do the math on a 49 mile run and you would have to run it in 1.3 hours tomake the same as the old rate. The final kicker for me was the 50 cent raise followed by another 25. THe 25 was to offset the new Bluecross we had just gotten. Weeeks after getting the raise they took the 25 cents back from the road drivers for thier drop and hook. they said they made a mistake. My anger about this is that they didnot cut anyone else. So you see how they are.So now we have a chance at a contract that will be written andnot subject to change. No more dispacthers changing the rules in the middle of the game. everybody will have a copy and it will be adheard to by both side. I hope this helps some of you with your decision. I've been on both sides of the fence.

tomcat said:
Shifterknob, I couldn't have said it better. But to the undecided, a little history lesson. Before and during the strike, the raises and benefits kept coming as long as there was a union presence. When it all ended, they went right after the road drivers, A new drop and hook formula was put in place. The one we had was just fine. In my case, the cut in pay for drops and hooks was about $157 a week. You do the math. The next year, they went after the road driver again by making all runs 50 miles or less to be on the clock.Do the math on a 49 mile run and you would have to run it in 1.3 hours tomake the same as the old rate. The final kicker for me was the 50 cent raise followed by another 25. THe 25 was to offset the new Bluecross we had just gotten. Weeeks after getting the raise they took the 25 cents back from the road drivers for thier drop and hook. they said they made a mistake. My anger about this is that they didnot cut anyone else. So you see how they are.So now we have a chance at a contract that will be written andnot subject to change. No more dispacthers changing the rules in the middle of the game. everybody will have a copy and it will be adheard to by both side. I hope this helps some of you with your decision. I've been on both sides of the fence.

Talk about fuzzy math. That's odd my wages went up. Which company are you talking about.

you know it is ok for upsfreight/motorcargo/overnite or what every you are calling it today to be a member of a trade union, american trucking assoc, calif trucking assoc it is ok for them to be represented to join a trade union to send lobbyist to washington to promote their agenda, kind of hyprcritical don't you think? All I can say is don't join who cares what you do I will do what I think is right and no amount of talking will change their minds or mine.

As for me I don't care if we are union,or non-union.

You know UPS is global and has their hands into every part of transportation,transporting goods around the world.

They've been in buisness for a long time,always growing.

also the shaky economy our country is living in you know UPS is as secure as any company will ever be.

I'm seeing them addressing safety,and claims,issues that are lost costs, for all trucking companies,everywhere.

Over time I know that Leo's mission statement that we'er all sick of hearing,will in fact come to pass.

The security part is in place,also as Leo has stated in Overnite/UPS Freight's mission,that overtime, all the other parts will come into place.
Leo's mission statement is coming true.

Also as for me,I'd much rather be working for a non-union company.

But if the majority of UPS Freight workers want to be represented by an outside organization,I'm sure I can live with it that way as well.

pgh1994 said:
Research? How far do I have to research what the teamsters are offering, their past record sux and their ability to scam there members. How much more research do you need? What thing do I have to lose with the APWA? I don't want a union at all. So as long as the teamster aren't representing us in Dallas I'd be happy. I just hope the people that do chose to be scammed by the teamster just take their time and just talk to as many UPS drivers they can. I've not spoke to one as of today that will speak positive about the teamsters. RESEARCH. HOW MUCH DID YOU REALLY DO? I bet none! Will see what kind of contract Indy gets and remember there are alot of people's lives depending on you. SO RESEARCH past contracts the teamsters brokered.
So tell us all, just what have you done for the working class

Apostolic said:
You know UPS is global and has their hands into every part of transportation,transporting goods around the world.

They've been in buisness for a long time,always growing.

also the shaky economy our country is living in you know UPS is as secure as any company will ever be.

I'm seeing them addressing safety,and claims,issues that are lost costs, for all trucking companies,everywhere.

Over time I know that Leo's mission statement that we'er all sick of hearing,will in fact come to pass.

The security part is in place,also as Leo has stated in Overnite/UPS Freight's mission,that overtime, all the other parts will come into place.
Leo's mission statement is coming true.

Also as for me,I'd much rather be working for a non-union company.

But if the majority of UPS Freight workers want to be represented by an outside organization,I'm sure I can live with it that way as well.
Apo, Leo's history, for some "O" workers maybe he's a hero, but for MC workers he was an idiot ! Like the other companies he was in charge of he ran "O" into the ground and then bailed. That was Leo's true mission .

just-me said:
Everyone gets to do card check..
don't let them brain wash you ,,I work in Indy,,
We didn't by the company crap they preach we did somthing about things ,,we are gonna make history..Go Get Your Cards Signed NOW..
Don't wait you'll be standing in line when the big rush hits for the cards to be validated by the Arbitrator,,don't wait start signing your cards ,,,NOW:d6625240:
We had a meeting at our terminal and they claimed the card check is for Indy(W.T.G.) only, our organizer assured me that was BS ! Don't wait for the union to come to you, call them and tell them you want to be represented and get the cards signed in front of you and turn them in !!! Thats how it worked best at my terminal.If you hear anti Union B.S. coming from management, remember UPS (our owners) said they will remain neutral. Call the organizer at your local and report it. They will go to UPS management and report it. As Just Me said, don't fall for the old scare tactics, "O" is gone. UPS is willing to negotiote a fair contract. So if you want to have a voice in our new contract, our new future, get the cards signed NOW !!!

what's the line haul rate at "O"?Do your guys get paid for delays such as breakdowns,waiting on loads drop and hooks? etc..

pgh1994 said:
Should have voted for APWA. I hope the rest of the terminals do and then we'll see what our fair weathered friends do...

Good job Indy! Maybe you'll think next time
well you must not take notes apwa doesnt even exist they have no membership or any home offices turn your pension over to them i say happy retirement ye right

mossbackman said:
Apo, Leo's history, for some "O" workers maybe he's a hero, but for MC workers he was an idiot ! Like the other companies he was in charge of he ran "O" into the ground and then bailed. That was Leo's true mission .

It's statement like this that make you proud not to be apart of the teamsters.

You right. But I guess we'll have to wait and see. But meantime I guess we'll and to be forcefeed the teamster propaganda.

By the way, what happen to this link?

mossbackman has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Got to make sure everybody see's this. - in the UPS FREIGHT DRIVERS forum of Truckingboards Truck Driver Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showthread.php?t=3903&goto=newpost

Force-fed the "Teamster propaganda"?

Is the union holding a gun to your head?

Are they forcing you to sit in mandatory meetings while you are deluged with anti-UPS propaganda? Are you being forced to have ride-alongs with Teamster representatives who spend hours espousing the joys of being union?

The union cannot do any of that. It's the law.

But the employer can. That also is the law.

Been there, done that... lived it.

It's like anything else in this society. If you don't like something, don't listen to it or read it or watch it on TV. You do not have a right to not be offended. And if you choose to not get both sides of the story and make uneducated decisions, that is also your right.

Land of the free, home of the brave...:smillie_flag:

I'm sorry you we're treated that way. However that's not the case at UPSF.

You also have the right to take your own advice.

Please answer the question!
What happen to this link?

Never mind, Hillbilly has me on restiction!
Warned By: hillbilly frog
Adjustment: Increased
Amount: 3
17) No Posting Copyrighted Material see this link
Time: 1 Hour Ago, 02:26 PM Expires: Never

tomcat said:
Dont forget refiguring the miles using pc miler or some computer program instead of actual miles. That happened about the same time you are refering.