Yellow | Government action to destroy Unions???

PRIVATE Unions are Great for the Economy. They set the Standard for other companies to compete with for good employees.

PUBLIC Unions hurt people on fixed incomes and seniors by making taxes uncontrolled. FDR and AFL-CIO President George Meaney both understood this, and stated so. It would've cost my Mom her family farm thru being unable to pay the twice doubled property taxes, but my sister bought it and paid the taxes.

Congress never passed a law allowing PUBLIC Unions. JFK did that thru Executive Order in the early 60s. That could be reversed with the stroke of a pen.

What does this have to do with YRC???? Nothing...

Public unions are flawed in that they do not bargain with the people who pay them.

Imo private unions need to do a better job of organizing. We live in a world that lives in fear with no job security for the average working person, and the unions should start looking for a way to change that.

We shouldn't have to work for the government to have job security. If everyone works for the government, who pays?

Public unions are flawed in that they do not bargain with the people who pay them.

Imo private unions need to do a better job of organizing. We live in a world that lives in fear with no job security for the average working person, and the unions should start looking for a way to change that.

We shouldn't have to work for the government to have job security. If everyone works for the government, who pays?

Easy to say if your from Canada, eh?....A whole different story South of Toronto.....kk

I see nothing wrong with public employees earning a living wage as others do and public employers have some very strange ways that their unions are able to corral a little. If history hasn't already taught it to you, reducing their wages will reduce the quality of people who seek the jobs. If you think dealing with your civil service employee is bad now just wait and see what it's like dealing with that former Walmart employee when you're trying to get a building permit, your street plowed, your driver's license and more. What they should do is disband the teamsters union and let us get out from under that worthless monkey.

Easy to say if your from Canada, eh?....A whole different story South of Toronto.....kk
Not really. The province of Ontario pays more tax than anywhere else because our public services unions have ironclad contracts. The Ontario Provincial Police, bless those hard working officers, are so well paid that many rural districts that depend on them for lack of their own police force can no longer afford to pay them for coverage. It's a stipulation of their contract that they automatically get a raise anytime another police force in the province ratifies a contract that tops theirs, and that's on top of their negotiated annual raise.

Any time anyone threatens their deal, the union immediately starts a campaign reminding the public how important the police are for their safety, everyone caves and it carries on business as usual. And the same goes for all the other public services.

I appreciate the need to pay a decent living wage. It's important. People deserve it. But the private sector is not getting the same level of assistance! The public sector is entirely dependent on tax dollars, paid by the private sector. If we in the private sector aren't making more money when the public sector gets their contractual raise, we pay higher taxes and the government takes more of our money, leaving us in the private sector even more broke.

There's has to be BALANCE, and it doesn't matter what country you live in. If the private unions got out there and unionized Walmart like they should have years ago, this would be less of a problem.

Not really. The province of Ontario pays more tax than anywhere else because our public services unions have ironclad contracts. The Ontario Provincial Police, bless those hard working officers, are so well paid that many rural districts that depend on them for lack of their own police force can no longer afford to pay them for coverage. It's a stipulation of their contract that they automatically get a raise anytime another police force in the province ratifies a contract that tops theirs, and that's on top of their negotiated annual raise.

Any time anyone threatens their deal, the union immediately starts a campaign reminding the public how important the police are for their safety, everyone caves and it carries on business as usual. And the same goes for all the other public services.

I appreciate the need to pay a decent living wage. It's important. People deserve it. But the private sector is not getting the same level of assistance! The public sector is entirely dependent on tax dollars, paid by the private sector. If we in the private sector aren't making more money when the public sector gets their contractual raise, we pay higher taxes and the government takes more of our money, leaving us in the private sector even more broke.

There's has to be BALANCE, and it doesn't matter what country you live in. If the private unions got out there and unionized Walmart like they should have years ago, this would be less of a problem.
I can respect your position but I see things a little differently. I see school district administrators being paid upward of $150,000/yr plus exorbitant perks in health insurance and pensions and maybe some stuff I don't know about. I see athletic fields that rival the finest of professional stadiums and me paying for both of the above. I would rather see all that come to a halt and maintain decent wages for those who perform the work. I find it to be hypocritical to say that they don't deserve a decent wage.

I can respect your position but I see things a little differently. I see school district administrators being paid upward of $150,000/yr plus exorbitant perks in health insurance and pensions and maybe some stuff I don't know about. I see athletic fields that rival the finest of professional stadiums and me paying for both of the above. I would rather see all that come to a halt and maintain decent wages for those who perform the work. I find it to be hypocritical to say that they don't deserve a decent wage.

That goes 2 ways, you have to pay the administrators more then the those they are overseeing or you end up with what YRC has running the
show.........................

As for the athletic facilitates you are correct way too much is spent keeping up with the neighboring districts, I think it one of the reasons we end up with college and pro athletes that have a sense of entitlement and can't fit into society.

That goes 2 ways, you have to pay the administrators more then the those they are overseeing or you end up with what YRC has running the
show.........................

As for the athletic facilitates you are correct way too much is spent keeping up with the neighboring districts, I think it one of the reasons we end up with college and pro athletes that have a sense of entitlement and can't fit into society.
Absolutely! And how about every road suddenly being under construction the year before an election?

The government spends WAY too much money, no matter how you slice it. And it needs to stop. The question is, how do you stop the gravy train when someone made off with the brake handle?

Union's are there own worst enemy , just look what ours has done for us in past 6 -7 years and look at all the corruption & stealing of money and broke pension funds from mismanagement :6788:
If you look at the big picture,partner, it has been going on for over 20 years...

I for one don't mind my taxes dollars going to good wages for police,firefighters and damn politicians. The thing that kills the taxpayer is the defined pension benefits they negotiate at the taxpayer's expense.
I heard a fireman from CALIFORNIA on the radio that said get gets 90% of his 150,000/ year salary after 25 years and then planned on moving to Tennessee.
Our grandchildren will be paying for postal carriers pensions that haven't delivered mail to their house for 10 years. It's not sustainable and it's not fair to the taxpayer payer.Heck, give them a 10% match on a 401k .At least then they can budget their future.

Yeah, that's why the billionaire class is opposed to public unions -- for philosophical reasons. The fact that it makes them even wealthier then they already are? That's just a coincidence

The billionaire class looks to the government for financial security. Thats the whole point of incorporating-- to limit their financial liability -- to seek government protection frpm the "free" market. Why is the "free" market only peddled to the workers?

Yeah, that's why the billionaire class is opposed to public unions -- for philosophical reasons. The fact that it makes them even wealthier then they already are? That's just a coincidence

The billionaire class looks to the government for financial security. Thats the whole point of incorporating-- to limit their financial liability -- to seek government protection frpm the "free" market. Why is the "free" market only peddled to the workers?
While you worry about billionaires, it's people on fixed incomes being hurt by Public Unions...

As Jimmy G said, while you're talking about billionaires, retirees are having their pensions taxed to death to fund the government and, by extension, the public services.

While you worry about billionaires, it's people on fixed incomes being hurt by Public Unions...
These pacts and or contracts were negotiated and approved ,How could any one be grudge any one for getting what they want and or deserve through collective bargaining.Who puts a price on what some ones worth.There's no ceiling.Should we have a salary cap like organized sports .Really think about it.Don't blame working people for getting them selves a good deal.

These pacts and or contracts were negotiated and approved ,How could any one be grudge any one for getting what they want and or deserve through collective bargaining.Who puts a price on what some ones worth.There's no ceiling.Should we have a salary cap like organized sports .Really think about it.Don't blame working people for getting them selves a good deal.
I've watched seniors on fixed incomes lose their homes to pay those contracts. Contracts often negotiated with inside deals not in the Citizen's best interest. Homes that had been theirs for decades.

Who would've thought FDR and THE AFL-CIO's George Meany would agree with ME???

If a person wants high pay- join a PRIVATE Union. The Public is SERVED by PUBLIC SERVANTS. Their pay should fit their Constituent' s ability to pay.

Last edited:
Public
I've watched seniors on fixed incomes lose their homes to pay those contracts. Contracts often negotiated with inside deals not in the Citizen's best interest. Homes that had been theirs for decades.

Who would've thought FDR and THE AFL-CIO's George Meany would agree with ME???

If a person wants high pay- join a PRIVATE Union. The Public is SERVED by PUBLIC SERVANTS. Their pay should fit their Constituent' s ability to pay.
Employees can't strike.there contracts usually go to a binding arbitration.Blame the arbitrators or other towns city's or states to agreeing to high paying contracts. Call your politicians and tell them public servants make too much money.I would suggest that if you are a senior on a fixed income freeze your taxes if available to you in your town or city if allowed.The price of every thing always goes up .Even your taxes.