Yellow | Government action to destroy Unions???

I've watched seniors on fixed incomes lose their homes to pay those contracts. Contracts often negotiated with inside deals not in the Citizen's best interest. Homes that had been theirs for decades.

Who would've thought FDR and THE AFL-CIO's George Meany would agree with ME???

If a person wants high pay- join a PRIVATE Union. The Public is SERVED by PUBLIC SERVANTS. Their pay should fit their Constituent' s ability to pay.
If you can't afford it maybe it's time to downsize ,Sorry Jimmy this is like pissing into the wind .

Public

Employees can't strike.there contracts usually go to a binding arbitration.Blame the arbitrators or other towns city's or states to agreeing to high paying contracts. Call your politicians and tell them public servants make too much money.I would suggest that if you are a senior on a fixed income freeze your taxes if available to you in your town or city if allowed.The price of every thing always goes up .Even your taxes.
We disagree. Oh well, just giving my opinion. This should have been in the Politics forum. Nothing at all related to YRC.

If you can't afford it maybe it's time to downsize ,Sorry Jimmy this is like pissing into the wind .
Elected officials have a sworn duty to serve their constituents fairly. Good stewardship means they know their public and what the Citizen's can comfortably afford. How does one downsize from a tiny inherited house and only Social Security? That's what your forcing many seniors to do.

Elected officials have a sworn duty to serve their constituents fairly. Good stewardship means they know their public and what the Citizen's can comfortably afford. How does one downsize from a tiny inherited house and only Social Security? That's what your forcing many seniors to do.
Jimmy ,The politicians have a duty to serve there constituents.I wouldn't tell a fireman that there not worth a crap while my house was on fire or a cop that he makes too much money after he just busted the drug dealer down the street. Maybe we should get a big raise with social security or pay no taxes because our kids don't go to school any more.No easy answers,Vote get involved and let your voice be heard.You were a teamster weren't you .Stand up for your rights weather people agree with you or not .I always respect a man for his opinion if I agree or not .I am done here.good luck on your Endeavour

Jimmy ,The politicians have a duty to serve there constituents.I wouldn't tell a fireman that there not worth a crap while my house was on fire or a cop that he makes too much money after he just busted the drug dealer down the street. Maybe we should get a big raise with social security or pay no taxes because our kids don't go to school any more.No easy answers,Vote get involved and let your voice be heard.You were a teamster weren't you .Stand up for your rights weather people agree with you or not .I always respect a man for his opinion if I agree or not .I am done here.good luck on your Endeavour
No problems. I live in a small town with all volunteer fire dept and no town cops, so none of this affects me anyway. Just giving my 2 cents. I used to hold elected office and had to make decisions like these. It's not as easy as it appears..

I can respect your position but I see things a little differently. I see school district administrators being paid upward of $150,000/yr plus exorbitant perks in health insurance and pensions and maybe some stuff I don't know about. I see athletic fields that rival the finest of professional stadiums and me paying for both of the above. I would rather see all that come to a halt and maintain decent wages for those who perform the work. I find it to be hypocritical to say that they don't deserve a decent wage.

Don't know about your state,my son is in administration with the school system,yes he does make a good salary, but good old NC's health insurance is far from exorbitant, does not compare with Teamster's I enjoyed past years.

phXYXAv.jpg

The teamsters are doing a good job of destroying themselves, they don't need any help from D.C. politicians.