SEFL | GPS Systems

Garmin 330

I USE A GARMIN 330 SINCE IT HAS A TRUCK ROUTE. I DONT USE THE TRUCK ROUTE BECAUSE THE GPS WILL GET U CLOSE BUT U HAVE TO USE YOUR BRAIN SOME. IT WILL GET YOU ON THE RIGHT STREET BUT A PERCENT OF THE TIME IT WILL LEAD YOU DOWN THE STREET. I WILL SAY THAT I USE IT 3 OUT OF 4 DAYS AND IT CUTS WAY DOWN ON THE STRESS LEVEL OF NOT KNOWING WHERE A HOUSE STOP OF IMPORTANT FREIGHT IS GOING. OF WHERE BUBBAS DEERE MARKET IS AT. I GOT MINE AS A RECONDITION WITH A YEAR OR TWO WARRANTY AND SAVED BIG. I LIKE MY GPS AS A P&D HAULER. I LIKE GPS AND OTHER GOOD ITEMS. :TR10driving03::TR10driving03::TR10driving03: THAT WILL MAKE YOU DIZZY IF YOU HAVE HAD A 6 PLUS PACK OF BEVERAGE.

I have a garmin 760 and would not leave home without it. I'm more of a regional driver with maybe up to 6 or 8 D/H. Set it on the fastest route, not the shortest, because it will put on a dirt road on the shortest. Always remember to be smarter then the computer. I use the arrival time to calculate when I can make a delivery on time or set it up later. Use the trip mileage to double check what is on the trip sheet.
And if you drive at night the ability to see streets a half a mile before you get there is a life saver and lowers the blood pressure.
I save locations or write down long and lat and put them on a SD card using the Garmin uploader. Wouldn't it be nice if trucking companies or shippers give you the long and lat to enter into your GPS to find customers. This would save miles, fuel and phone calls.
The 760 will allow you to enter different routes and then be able to optimize that route, this would be handy for shopping if you go to several stores or have several deliveries in the same town. If you have 5 routes but run one each day of the week then you could set up 5 routes and just have to click on that route just for that day.
Have a great day.