Central Transport | GR Driver Killed

TWanger

TB Lurker
Credits
If there are any other Grand Rapids PJAX drivers out there and haven't heard yet, one of our own was killed in a motorcycle accident Friday. I didn't want to post his name out of respect, but I have a link to the news article if anyone wants to read it.

Sad sad day...................

you can post the link here and his name,it may help get some info to people that knew him

sorry to hear that twanger iam out of columbus give the family are condolnses.if we need to take up collection for the family or anything let dispatch know.

we have alot of people in columbus who ride bikes to work including myself,that thought crosses my mind every day.alot of guys dont ware helmets and are very carless.we had a driver killed about 5yrs ago leaving a bar on his way home and took a ramp to fast.he was legaly drunk.so we are familar with your pain.

If there are any other Grand Rapids PJAX drivers out there and haven't heard yet, one of our own was killed in a motorcycle accident Friday. I didn't want to post his name out of respect, but I have a link to the news article if anyone wants to read it.

Sad sad day...................

i know alot of linehaul drivers outta grand rapids . was he city driver or linehaul ? sad news

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, His name was Dale Coats, he was 38 and left behind 2 teenage kids. Not sure on a memorial fund yet. He was a city driver and our morning yard jockey. Here's the link to the paper article.

Click

re: OTJ mortality rates

I saw the death of two drivers and a
secretary in my time at the 'Jax.
One driver (i don't recall name) fell asleep
at the wheel on 95-S below Philly.
Lawyers said he was pushed to the limit
by linehaul at the time.
BIG lawsuit in the seven figures over that.
Another was crushed to death between
the back of the truck and the dockplate
at the HBG. term. - driver error on that.
And a secretary in Pitt was mowed down
by an idiot bobtailing through the lot at
warp speed as she stepped out of a side
door and into his path.
Another BIG lawsuit on that one as well.
Major safety issues re: all cases.

I saw the death of two drivers and a
secretary in my time at the 'Jax.
One driver (i don't recall name) fell asleep
at the wheel on 95-S below Philly.
Lawyers said he was pushed to the limit
by linehaul at the time.
BIG lawsuit in the seven figures over that.
Another was crushed to death between
the back of the truck and the dockplate
at the HBG. term. - driver error on that.
And a secretary in Pitt was mowed down
by an idiot bobtailing through the lot at
warp speed as she stepped out of a side
door and into his path.
Another BIG lawsuit on that one as well.
Major safety issues re: all cases.
your facts not entirely correct pitt drver between dock @trl in pitt and lady walked front of truck in rain to hve frggn ciggeret nj drver drving like a hole crash line haul not drving his truck drver was

the lady in pitt was backed over.driver in pitt was crushed bye his own trailer as he stood between it and dock,did not set brakes.accident on 95 driver fell asleep and hit a stopped semi in a back-up.also dock worker crushed by a truck backing up to dock.line haul had nothing to do with these accidents all drivers were legal.

What amazed me most at the time was that was that the driver who was crushed
between the dock and his truck was going on a meet to somewhere and nobody
reported him missing for hours.
That is, he remained pinned to the dock until he was reported late to his meet.
Apparently no one saw him during all that time and found him there afterward.
From what I had heard he used his johnny arm for the trailer brakes instead of
setting his parking brakes like he should have.
The air gradually bleeded out of the brake chambers allowing the whole
rig to roll backward slowly crushing him against the dock.
Not a pleasant way to go I would imagine.
Sounds more like something out of a scary movie.
What he was doing back there in the first place is anyone's guess.
I've heard it said many times over that you NEVER/EVER get between
the back of the truck and the dock for ANY reason whatsoever.
To do so is to court disaster.

If there are any other Grand Rapids PJAX drivers out there and haven't heard yet, one of our own was killed in a motorcycle accident Friday. I didn't want to post his name out of respect, but I have a link to the news article if anyone wants to read it. Sad sad day...................
We lost a linehaul driver last year to a motorcycle accident. I feel your pain. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.:sadwavey:

Prime Rib,
Why would you use this thread to gripe and complain about your bad time at PJAX? My guess is that you were terminated due to being an idiot and you hold a grudge. Get your facts straight before you open your idiodic mouth.

he posts negative crap on all the threads . it gets pretty annoying . he just cant move on with his life . he must come back to bash the company (that was good enough for him for 7-8 years or however long he said he worked here) :loser::loser::loser::wtflol: