GR,MI

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by White, Oct 31, 2017.

1. White

White Well-Known Member

Anyone have info on Grand Rapids? Steady work? They've had ads up for the few months I've been looking. Thanks

2. White

White Well-Known Member

Disregard. Vacation, end of month coverage. Nothing guaranteed. Kudos to Kathy for being honest.

Van Man likes this.
  3. Gideon129

Gideon129 Active Member

It's November, I doubt it's vacation or End of the month coverage.
    Theres alot of terminals accross the country that are hiring full-time, and have been all year.
    They've been flying dock and dock cdl guys out of HRS to California, Washington, Oregon, Utah, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and more for two weeks at a time since spring because the company is having a hard time hiring and retaining people.
    Some of them are so under staffed that they are hiring off the street full time at over $20.00 a hour to start.

sppollock likes this.
  4. sppollock

sppollock Active Member

This is true, at our terminal in Washington State we are starting city drivers off at $23.00/hr right off the street. We have 6 drivers that have started and they are being pushed through orientation in 3 days time and in a truck by themselves within 2 weeks even without a uniform.

5. maxicoze

maxicoze Member

We had a guy at our terminal fly out to Salt lake to help out for about 2 weeks.

6. White

White Well-Known Member

It was a Road position for clarification. I do have a P&D app in there as well, but haven't been contacted on that one. Thank you all for your feedback.