Estes | Grand Junction terminal

imported_Maverick3

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone that works at Grand Junction terminal can you tell me how it is to work out there? how is freight holding up? Are you guys busy year round? Was thinking about transfering there if anything ever comes open. Any other info on GJ would be appreciated. thanks and God bless:1036316054:

Anyone that works at Grand Junction terminal can you tell me how it is to work out there? how is freight holding up? Are you guys busy year round? Was thinking about transfering there if anything ever comes open. Any other info on GJ would be appreciated. thanks and God bless:1036316054:
Before I left I heard that everyone loved their job and everyone got good miles due to there location. Go for it if you love Estes. You'll make enough to have all your dreams come true and when bids come around cuz they have annual bids you can get a real good run.

well things are slowing down here. are you looking for P&D or linehaul. i will tell you if you are wanting linehaul you will be in for probly the longest winter you have ever had. you will be going over 2 big passes at night during the winter, blizzard conditions, high winds and big snow storms. we are expecting a very wet and long winter this year. the chain law has been up for 4 or 5 days of the last 2 weeks. the 2 mountian passes are 6 to 7% grades and then there is the wonderful loveland pass, 6% and 7% grades, switchback corners, two lane road that they hardly ever, if ever, put any sand on, but they sure love to blade it down to a nice shinny glare :D

on that run you are required by law to have chains hanging on the truck from oct. 1 till may 31. and i can promise that you will throw chains in june :D been there done that LOL

if you have any other questions just ask some of the teams that run around WMX that have been over the hill a few times and as the winter rolls on, that will be fewer and fewer drivers.

well things are slowing down here. are you looking for P&D or linehaul. i will tell you if you are wanting linehaul you will be in for probly the longest winter you have ever had. you will be going over 2 big passes at night during the winter, blizzard conditions, high winds and big snow storms. we are expecting a very wet and long winter this year. the chain law has been up for 4 or 5 days of the last 2 weeks. the 2 mountian passes are 6 to 7% grades and then there is the wonderful loveland pass, 6% and 7% grades, switchback corners, two lane road that they hardly ever, if ever, put any sand on, but they sure love to blade it down to a nice shinny glare :D

on that run you are required by law to have chains hanging on the truck from oct. 1 till may 31. and i can promise that you will throw chains in june :D been there done that LOL

if you have any other questions just ask some of the teams that run around WMX that have been over the hill a few times and as the winter rolls on, that will be fewer and fewer drivers.
Been there done that. Sounds like your scaring him instead of praising him for the move. What happened to the Estes brotherhood

not trying to scare him. just letting him know exactly and realisticly what he can expect and will be getting into. if he moves to GRJ

Thanks for all the info Guys have been running through the northeast for the last 13 years and only God scares me. I am looking for something where I am home everyday
I am a single dad raising three kids. There mother is gone and right now there grandmothers are helping me out but I want something so I can spend more time with them. Would rather stay linehaul but would take P&D. God bless and thank again!:smilie_132:

Thanks for all the info Guys have been running through the northeast for the last 13 years and only God scares me. I am looking for something where I am home everyday
I am a single dad raising three kids. There mother is gone and right now there grandmothers are helping me out but I want something so I can spend more time with them. Would rather stay linehaul but would take P&D. God bless and thank again!:smilie_132:

Your'e a good man Maverick3. Good luck finding something that allows you more time with your kids. I imagine that's got to be tough without their mom around to help. Take care brother trucker. Spend all the time with them now, before they are grown and gone. Best wishes. Elvis...