SAIA | Grayslake (?) Terminal

There's a video on YouTube where the mayor of Mundelein is complaining about the construction of the "sayuh" terminal, and that they're in the process of suing saia. He's complaining about 425 tractor parking spaces, loading stations, fueling stations and a whole crock of other inflated crap, and it shouldnt be be built there.. But theres a medline warehouse across the street already that has 100+ doors and a private fleet... but that's within Mundelein city limits so they're getting tax revenue from that place and its all good over there...

There's a video on YouTube where the mayor of Mundelein is complaining about the construction of the "sayuh" terminal, and that they're in the process of suing saia. He's complaining about 425 tractor parking spaces, loading stations, fueling stations and a whole crock of other inflated crap, and it shouldnt be be built there.. But theres a medline warehouse across the street already that has 100+ doors and a private fleet... but that's within Mundelein city limits so they're getting tax revenue from that place and its all good over there...
You would think that permits had to be in place before construction would have even started.

Too bad I was the 599th view of his propaganda. I would guess it's 400+ trailer spots. It's on a street named "Commerce". Maybe if the mayor would spend his time politicking with his neighboring town instead of you tubing after the fact. And it's pronounced SI-ah, dink whistle. I feel better. Oops, gotta go ruin the civilization in Burr Ridge.

Too bad I was the 599th view of his propaganda. I would guess it's 400+ trailer spots. It's on a street named "Commerce". Maybe if the mayor would spend his time politicking with his neighboring town instead of you tubing after the fact. And it's pronounced SI-ah, dink whistle. I feel better. Oops, gotta go ruin the civilization in Burr Ridge.
A lot of jobs will be created for that community. This isn't a bad thing.

The land it's being built on was unincorporated land that belonged to no town or village at all. Mundelein didn't care about Saia being there until it was decided that Grayslake would be the one to annex the land. Then all of a sudden Mundelein throws a hissy fit when they realize that they won't get any of the taxes.

Suing seems a bit extreme for a project that isn't that bad. The mayors YouTube video paints a horrible picture of the project by saying it will hurt land value. Medline has their own fleet of trucks but that seems to be OK. You would think the mayor would at least learn how to pronounce SAIA before he made the video. I wonder if construction has totally stopped and I also wonder when this is set to go to trial. SAIA has done nothing wrong and shouldn't have to walk away empty handed. Just another example of how some cities want to waste tax payer money on attorneys. This is just an over zealous mayor trying to make a name for himself. IMO he's just making a fool out of himself.

Last edited:
At least the mayor is concerned about our safety. Those gymnastics Mom's picking kids up late from this or late to that scare me. But in all seriousness, I'm sure Saia, as well as the two municipalities, pay suits a fair amount of cheese. And the loser cries as if a child.

Last edited:
At least the mayor is concerned about our safety. Those gymnastics Mom's picking kids up late from this or late to that scare me. But in all seriousness, I'm sure Saia, as well as the two municipalities, pay suits a fair amount of cheese. And the loser cries as if a child.
Let's just hope the loser isn't SAIA. Losing millions would be a tough pill to swallow and I don't care who you are. This is a state of the art facility that needs to happen. I'm not sure if it's to replace Burr Ridge. Here in D-FW we have 2 terminals about 20 miles apart with around 200 doors each ... DLS which is in Grand Prairie and GRL which is in Dallas .. Go figure. Dallas runs the west and Garland runs the east. I think we could use a terminal in Ft. Worth but Dallas serves that. Anyway as far as Burr Ridge do you think there would be enough work to go around Dracula?

Last edited:
Nope. Rumored we turn down "1000 bills a day" in CGO because we can't handle. Found an article pertaining to the lawsuit that says 100 docks.
The YouTube video of the mayor shows the proposed terminal in detail. I can't seem to get the link from my phone. Will try later from home.

I don't know anything about Chicago. If Odell and the others think it's a good idea, Ill take the blind leap with them.
Hey, train, every once in a while I have to pass thru DLS which means I can barely remember how to get onto 35N. A few days ago, I was making a morning pass thru. Time was tight, I was looking at fighting the morning rush hour traffic on 35N, and there was this big highway just down from the terminal. I know that it heads North and comes out on 35N but that's all I know. For future reference, can I use that to avoid 183, Loop12, and a few miles of headache or is that a bad idea?

I don't know anything about Chicago. If Odell and the others think it's a good idea, Ill take the blind leap with them.
Hey, train, every once in a while I have to pass thru DLS which means I can barely remember how to get onto 35N. A few days ago, I was making a morning pass thru. Time was tight, I was looking at fighting the morning rush hour traffic on 35N, and there was this big highway just down from the terminal. I know that it heads North and comes out on 35N but that's all I know. For future reference, can I use that to avoid 183, Loop12, and a few miles of headache or is that a bad idea?
It depends on where your headed back to. Just south of the terminal on Oakdale (DLS) is Interstate 30 which would take you straight into Downtown. It does run into 35N but if your headed back toward Oklahoma it would be worse because you would still be in traffic and you would be back tracking. From the DLS terminal (not GRL) just tell me what State you will be passing through first and I can better advise you. Just remember we have 2 terminals about 20 miles apart. DLS and GRL. Dallas on Oakdale and Garland on Singleton. I think you would be better taking the George Bush tollway ... Just let me know where your headed back to and coming from.

Last edited: