New Penn | greed

spongebob

TB Lurker
Credits
i would like to thank the roadmen running 6 days a week while junior men sit at home paying health and welfare what a brotherhood nothing but GREED!!!!!!!

Amen Brother

i would like to thank the roadmen running 6 days a week while junior men sit at home paying health and welfare what a brotherhood nothing but GREED!!!!!!!

Could not agree with you more if that is true.I believe the days of Brotherhood are long gone.

yes the brotherhood is gone. i tried to get the same thing thru to the guys on the dock that work large or unneccessary overtime. all i get is that this is the way it has been done for years. seems that they forget that the company screws the guys we all are supposed to stick together and not work overtime. also the same guys tell me not to go buying things based on my getting overtime. i guess they already have purcharsed so much that is why they work so much of it. everytime i say something about it i get lectured on it that i am trying to screw them out of their seniority their right to work the amount they want. i guess since they are senoir to me i am suppposed to :bowdown:

yes the brotherhood is gone. i tried to get the same thing thru to the guys on the dock that work large or unneccessary overtime. all i get is that this is the way it has been done for years. seems that they forget that the company screws the guys we all are supposed to stick together and not work overtime. also the same guys tell me not to go buying things based on my getting overtime. i guess they already have purcharsed so much that is why they work so much of it. everytime i say something about it i get lectured on it that i am trying to screw them out of their seniority their right to work the amount they want. i guess since they are senoir to me i am suppposed to :bowdown:

YEA I HEAR YA, I work the dock at Baltimore and been laid off since nov. been there 3 years and still only have 1 guy junior to me.But when I do get a call ( been awhile now ) I see city guys coming in after 10 hours out with 6 stops and are allowed to sweep trailers out and work the dock so I am sure it happens when I and others are sitting at home, So the only thing the union is good for to me is the benes. which you'll never get anywhere else. But I am hoping this sorry a** economy turns quick and yrc does something right so we all can get back to work. ( WHATS UP STEVE )

well i see your local is no better than our here in camp hill terminal. the b.a. knows he is not liked at our terminal because he doesnt stand up for us. so he lets the terminal mgr do what he wants. we did not have enough guys turn in ballots to have the people at local 776 removed and not enough guys go to the meeting to speak up but i better stop since that is more for another forum

you know what,it sucks not working,i know that,but no city man at npme can or will only work 8 hours a day, whether times are good or bad.you are out till p/u's are done or your trailer is full. and you might get back and be sent out again. if you think npme is going to change the way they have operated for the last 70 plus years,other than what yrcw sticks up our a#$, your wrong. it's got nothing to do with this brotherhood crap you all keep crying about. it's got everything to do with the way npme has always operated, more work with less men . it's why they always had the best o/r, best claims ratio, did overnight better than anybody can come close to in the northeast. maybe you should have checked out the company and how they operate before you decided to come and work here. if some body was out 10 hrs with 6 dels. he sure didnt come back empty.he made p/u's and thats were the profit is for your terminal. and if you stripped a trailer till empty, you're all supposed to sweep them out before you pull the door down.and tell me roadhog, how come these guys that are not working regularly, 1-2 days a week or less,are given the chance to work on sat,for as long or untill all the freight is cleaned up, but they dont want to work sats. sat. is regular work day at #03, you could be set up as early as your hours off will let you and could get 8 plus, but , was told have hard time getting any body not on bid to come in. this is the worst the freight has been in at least 18 yrs. bill counts are at levels we had back in 93-94, yet we have twice the amount of men employed at almost every terminal. if k leedy was still here there would be 50+ less men on the whole seniorty board. what you might think is this " i have senoirty" deal from guys that have been here awhile, is really just doing the job, the way we have been doing it since day one. so i guess now after what, 15- 20 yrs with this company, were supposed to care for the newcomers , the ones that mess up equipment, and say i don't know what happen. act like children instead of men doing a job for good damn wages.

I was not talking about the city guys being sent back out i was talking about the afternoon guys staying till 1 or 2 am whne they could go home at 1030 or 11 pm they guys that have to stay to get their 8 (till 1 am)sometimes do not have work because those guys stay or you have 2 or 3 guys to a trailer because those guys stay

If guys say their union sucks then they are talking about them self. I joined the Teamsters and was sworn in, don't know if they still do that. I was at a meeting back in 1972 and a big fight broke out. After meeting was over we went to a Elks club and drank beer and dammed if another fight didn't break out. I'm a retired Teamster and proud of it. I also think they should let N.P run YRC.

you know what,it sucks not working,i know that,but no city man at npme can or will only work 8 hours a day, whether times are good or bad.you are out till p/u's are done or your trailer is full. and you might get back and be sent out again. if you think npme is going to change the way they have operated for the last 70 plus years,other than what yrcw sticks up our a#$, your wrong. it's got nothing to do with this brotherhood crap you all keep crying about. it's got everything to do with the way npme has always operated, more work with less men . it's why they always had the best o/r, best claims ratio, did overnight better than anybody can come close to in the northeast. maybe you should have checked out the company and how they operate before you decided to come and work here. if some body was out 10 hrs with 6 dels. he sure didnt come back empty.he made p/u's and thats were the profit is for your terminal. and if you stripped a trailer till empty, you're all supposed to sweep them out before you pull the door down.and tell me roadhog, how come these guys that are not working regularly, 1-2 days a week or less,are given the chance to work on sat,for as long or untill all the freight is cleaned up, but they dont want to work sats. sat. is regular work day at #03, you could be set up as early as your hours off will let you and could get 8 plus, but , was told have hard time getting any body not on bid to come in. this is the worst the freight has been in at least 18 yrs. bill counts are at levels we had back in 93-94, yet we have twice the amount of men employed at almost every terminal. if k leedy was still here there would be 50+ less men on the whole seniorty board. what you might think is this " i have senoirty" deal from guys that have been here awhile, is really just doing the job, the way we have been doing it since day one. so i guess now after what, 15- 20 yrs with this company, were supposed to care for the newcomers , the ones that mess up equipment, and say i don't know what happen. act like children instead of men doing a job for good damn wages.

Allnighttrain maybe you misinterpeted what I said and I am not going to argue back and forth with you on the subject I am not here for that.I only want to say that your response is way out of line and I might be near the bottom of the pole at np but I have been a teamster for 23 years but when I say things about guys being out all day for a job that should take half the time I know what I am talking about because I was the one stripping the trailers and in no way is that all drivers just a few who make it bad for the rest of the guys laid off. and from what i have seen on the boards you have been around awhile and don't have this problem and I am glad for you, But maybe you should show some consideration for the guys who don't.

good post !! My feelings exactly !!!

on saturday mornings dispatch has a list of runs for sunday night most are beds all im saying is senior men can pass to junior men so they can get at least 2 days. but i guess that will never happen.

ABSOLUTLY one of the BEST posts here on truckingboards. To the point and very honest & true.

EXCELLENT POST allnightrain44
:clap::clap::clap:

said it well allnighttrain. blame management for ot not drivers, they are the ones who keep the drivers out on the street. been working for np 19 years and pretty much has been the same way. when they send a guy who starts at 2 am on the street instead of calling another man in that is not the drivers fault. and like the odl saying its cheaper for them to work a guy on ot then to bring another man in.

spongebob i agree with you. if you have 10 in you can go home. dont give me this crap allnight train this is how it was for 70 years. id like to see that go on 40 years ago you would be beat down in the parking lot end of story.

YEA I HEAR YA, I work the dock at Baltimore and been laid off since nov. been there 3 years and still only have 1 guy junior to me.But when I do get a call ( been awhile now ) I see city guys coming in after 10 hours out with 6 stops and are allowed to sweep trailers out and work the dock so I am sure it happens when I and others are sitting at home, So the only thing the union is good for to me is the benes. which you'll never get anywhere else. But I am hoping this sorry a** economy turns quick and yrc does something right so we all can get back to work. ( WHATS UP STEVE )

I know you're not talking about me, eight and the gate!

Allnighttrain maybe you misinterpeted what I said and I am not going to argue back and forth with you on the subject I am not here for that.I only want to say that your response is way out of line and I might be near the bottom of the pole at np but I have been a teamster for 23 years but when I say things about guys being out all day for a job that should take half the time I know what I am talking about because I was the one stripping the trailers and in no way is that all drivers just a few who make it bad for the rest of the guys laid off. and from what i have seen on the boards you have been around awhile and don't have this problem and I am glad for you, But maybe you should show some consideration for the guys who don't.

Hey Motorhead, Being from the same ternminal as you I know exactly what you're refering to. Too bad we have a few bad apples in our bunch that managment tend to ignore. Most of the guys here do their work and get out when the work is done but you still have the ones that ride the clock until " I got my 10 hours in" or I'll get my 10% back. Allnighttrain is right, that's how New Penn works well, he didn't get the just of your post. Most guys here now will only work their eight if they can because we have guys on lay-off and won't work extra unless forced, including Big Bill.

PM sent

i can tell you this from my point of view...
at the camp hill terminal there is a person who has stepped on every senior mans toes in one way or the other... its not a matter of bowing down to them but just a matter of a little respect...this person shows no respect to anyone including the union or the company for that matter....he will gladly work as much overtime as he can even if it means a man junior to him has to stay home..then when the shoe is on the other foot he is the first to cry about it....this person is also the same person who treats the customer like we don't need them...then wonders where the work went...in short the disrespect he shows the senior man is being reflected back on him and as a result they will do anything to keep him from being called in...and that includes work as much o/t as they can....so if you are under this person you too will be sitting at home as well... which i am...with all that said the bill counts are down so low right now he wouldn't be working right now anyways..... I'm sure i will get a lot of grief over this post but i say let the truth be known...

allnightrain.....not every one of us newcomers came to new penn looking for that free ride...some of us are men that believe in the fair days work for a fair days pay and i for one have been there every time that phone rings sat. or not....
I mean no disrespect towards you because i know to whom you are referring to and i agree with you ..they need to learn some work ethics...lets just not lump everyone in that same boat...

hey realgearjammer, your wrong about doing 10 and going home. guys with dock bids,yes, only have to do 10. if you run the city for npme,your done when they tell you bring it home.if your on the extra board and you start on the dock say early morning, and they send you out at some point in the day to peddle freight, you don't just come back when your 10 hrs is up.once again,your done when they bring you home. when i started here nobody was every forced to work ot or even asked about it. it was a given, you stayed till the work was done.trailers all stripped or eveything that need loaded was loaded. as far as 40 yrs ago,you weren't around at npme back than so i don't get why you would even make that comment. i can only go by the storys that i have been told over the years by what turned out to be 25, 30 plus year workers at npme. the owner was worth 100's of millions of $'s but would still make his rounds of terminals with case of beer in hand , sit on the dock talk to the men, new all by first name,they were respected and paid union wages,in return they did what ever was needed to continue to make npme one of the best to this day. only one beaten down in the parking lot would have been you as you would have been in the miniorty.

doin life, you're right,i should'nt lump everyone in the same boat, and actually i don't, everyone was new here at one time or another. i would gladly help any with directions, percedures , or anything that would keep someone from fu%^ing up, cause i know npme explains nothing to you in advance. it's good to know that npme can still find good men like you seem to be to hire, especially with your work ethics. to many times lately advice or help was offered to newer men, only to be told "don' tell me how to do it" while they contnue to fu$^ up freight, or basically do things wrong that cuts into the profiabity of npme, which in the end makes are jobs less sucure, whether you have been here for 20 yrs or 5. it;s bad enough we have to contend with yrc interfereing with what this company does best,moveing freight overnight, but seeing how npme has to hire some of these down right jackass' just to have manpower to cover the freight we had and most likely will come back when the economey gets back to normal, is down right scarey.

hey realgearjammer, your wrong about doing 10 and going home. guys with dock bids,yes, only have to do 10. if you run the city for npme,your done when they tell you bring it home.if your on the extra board and you start on the dock say early morning, and they send you out at some point in the day to peddle freight, you don't just come back when your 10 hrs is up.once again,your done when they bring you home. when i started here nobody was every forced to work ot or even asked about it. it was a given, you stayed till the work was done.trailers all stripped or eveything that need loaded was loaded. as far as 40 yrs ago,you weren't around at npme back than so i don't get why you would even make that comment. i can only go by the storys that i have been told over the years by what turned out to be 25, 30 plus year workers at npme. the owner was worth 100's of millions of $'s but would still make his rounds of terminals with case of beer in hand , sit on the dock talk to the men, new all by first name,they were respected and paid union wages,in return they did what ever was needed to continue to make npme one of the best to this day. only one beaten down in the parking lot would have been you as you would have been in the miniorty.
hey allnighttrain im not saying if you are on the street you can just come back after 10. i know how it works and im not picking a fight with you. here is something that happened last week at our barn please give me your opinon on it. a guy that started at 630 worked the dock then went on his peddle run came back at 600 pm. then he went out and worked the dock until 800 pm. now is that right while we have 5 guys sitting home.hey if everybody is working and they neen the help thats fine by me.oh by the way the same guy seen one of the guys that has not been working the next day (the guy forgot something at work he was not there to punch in) and went over and shook his hand and said nice to see you and i hope you start working more.