New Penn | greed

look jammer, it sucks seeing freinds at work not working and than obviously struggleing to keep the famaily and all that goes with not working togather.if it was me, after doing the 630am to 6pm peddleing freight,i'm done going home. in reality, would this guy you speak of ,not working the extra 2 of ot, gotten another guy in to work?most likely not.would 5 guys not working the 2 hrs.ot that night have gotten 1 more guy a day of work? still probably not,cause by that time ,they have already figured out how many men they will use for the outbound freight. be it yrc or mr.computer, supervisors know x amount of men for x amount of freight. whether the model is right or not,doesn't matter, the supervisor isn't going to call in another man for 8 hr.shift. can he use the guy in question for 2 hrs more even at ot rates, gets the job done faster,hopefully for supervisor, and he can probably bury the 2 hrs.ot some where else in the system for the day. bottom line here is, we are doing bill counts per night compared to 12 yrs ago and we had half the number of men working or emplooyed at our company.you just can't say because 2 -3 guys are working overtime at any given time of the day that it means another man should be called in for 8 hr shift. the union does have an added or higher cost per man than non-union, and to compete and keep us all in bussines ,manpower can't just be arbatriary used to keep every man working . what will get all back to working is picking up the bill count or freight tonnage.

Debate is good,seniority is not an easy concept for some people-you have to go through a lot of bs to get it and take a lot from others when you have it.

i know when your out on the streer you have no control what dispatch does. what i have a problem with is with sunday night runs they allow you to pass on these runs wouldnt it be nice if senior men would pass every now and then to let a junior get a day or two in. i understand everybody has bills to pay but it is hard to pay h&w when your not working.

Spongebob you are right, no one should work 6 days until everyone works 5 but, as we have tried, no matter how much a senior man would pass the Sunday work or the friday work down to the junior man there is always a few people on the list that won't let that happen. Senoirity is a great thing and guys working for 30 years should benefit fo the time he has put into the job however since Sunday is considered an extra day at NPME it would be nice to see guys work together to make sure others can get bennies but we all know thats not gonna happen especially with the 10% off sale. At this point in time it is almost useless to try only because there are so many out that you could never get enough trips to cover anyones bennies that is not working steady. I do believe that if it were just one guy we would work like hell to be sure he gets his time.

hope ur talking about by u because there are good new guys out at other terminals not working that want to and care about there job . please don't make us all out to be like the guys you are talking about.

?????????????????? there are good guys and bad guys in every terminal. We all want to work because that pays the bills. I wish everyone could work but these are tough times.

can't speak for all the other terminals,but at #03, there were only 4 trips sunday night. 2 bed trips, one new england, so only one bid man worked out of two that are left. one 3 slow trip out of two.one metro turn, and the guy that ran that works sundays so he can take fri. off. when he can. leaves only one trip for low guy on the pole to take. that was double balt.=368. if it would get to a jr. man not working regularly,wonder how many would have given up a sun.night for that trip?really hasn't been many extra trips at #03 lately on sunday nights.