greer treminal

Get lots of phone numbers of other swift drivers from all over the country so you can call them to get advice about their local area. It will help you out allot after you get off your mentors truck. Good luck.

good luck with all of that. most likely one of the worst terminals in the system. Wait till you see/smell the truck they assign you. Dont believe anything anyone who sits behind the locked door at the dispatch window tells you either. There is a reason they (the office cubicle rats) sit/work behind locked doors.

ok, whats wrong with the treminal? please give me some details?

as far as the truck goes, yeah some of them are pretty nasty, i can only hope to get a some what desent one.

and so far i have done two runs. one from greer sc to albany ga an one from albany ga to austin tx which was a 2 stop run. mentor say i am the first student that he has had that runs 10 hours in there first week with out complaining. so kudos to me.

The only thing i will say is get the 6 months of experience under you're belt and run as fast as you can from this outfit. You will understand once you get off the mentors truck. Their whole system is set up for churning and burning drivers. I am sure some swift office puke of questionable sexual orientation will attempt to sway this reply with their propaganda. But one thing they cannot do is deny their reputation. The facts and the reputation which they have earned speaks for itself.

After you have 6 months under your belt and you're starting to get the hang of things, find a few of the "old timers" that have been with the company for years and see what it is that keeps them there. These guys are easy to spot at the bigger (nicer) terminals. They're the ones that are sitting quietly listening to the bellyachers whine about how bad it is, some have discreet smiles. There's gotta be something about Swift that keeps these guys around. Find out what it is before pulling up your roots and planting somewhere else. There are good reasons to stay and good reasons to leave but beware, it's a jungle out there and there's plenty of companies that would love to "consume" a fully trained and experienced rookie driver.

After you have 6 months under your belt and you're starting to get the hang of things, find a few of the "old timers" that have been with the company for years and see what it is that keeps them there. These guys are easy to spot at the bigger (nicer) terminals. They're the ones that are sitting quietly listening to the bellyachers whine about how bad it is, some have discreet smiles. There's gotta be something about Swift that keeps these guys around. Find out what it is before pulling up your roots and planting somewhere else. There are good reasons to stay and good reasons to leave but beware, it's a jungle out there and there's plenty of companies that would love to "consume" a fully trained and experienced rookie driver.

you must work in the phenix office. please tell me why i have yet been west of east texas ever. and the longest run i have ever got has been 405 miles loaded? 550 has been my longest run between loaded and empty. and 2100 miles has been my best week ever.

Like I predicted, an office puke of questionable sexual orientation has responded. I drove for this fly by night/use you and abuse you outfit. I made platinum driver status with zero late p/ups, zero late deliveries, and zero accidents. Platinum staus means nothing, still treated like a discarded piece of chewing gum stuck to one of the office pukes shoes. I was only able to get the miles by playing the system. I had to stay out 6 to 8 weeks at a time, and had to set my home time for the west coast even though I was out of the greer terminal. Finally realized no matter what you do making money as a driver is almost impossible as a solo. The system is set up to lure you into the lease/fleece program or the mentor program. Did I mention Swift lost $125 mil in 2010, $110 mil in 2009 and $77mil in 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:
They call themselves best in class.....LMAO. When comparing one pile of manure to another Swift most certainly is the most highly polished turd. Like I said, Swifts reputation speaks for itself. The driver is nothing more than a trained monkey in their eyes. They could care less how much you make, they only want a warm body in an available truck.

Tighten your tinfoil hat.

Nope, I'm not an office puke. Owner/Op that just paid off my truck in February. I blew an axle seal in North Carolina a couple days ago and the Greer terminal was only 49 miles away. As for being one of the worst terminals, I have to disagree. As far as the "Best in Ass" terminals go I'd say that the Martinsburg WV, Wilmington CA and Gary IN terminals are the real crapholes in the system. The only real problem I see with the Greer terminal is the shop only runs one shift and there is a large backup of trucks waiting for service. The seal would take about 4 hours to replace in Memphis or Lancaster due to their 3 shifts. The single shift shop here in Greer just cant clear their backlog in a single day and that is costing me a buttload of money in just sitting around time.

I dont even go the locked window because the people working back there dont really care and even if they did there's not much they can do about it anyway.

The showers are old and kinda dirty but their coffee is free of charge and that's kinda nice. Also the Super8 is in walking distance from the terminal and there's a burger king and a waffle house adjacent to the hotel.

Thats Nice

Nope, I'm not an office puke. Owner/Op that just paid off my truck in February. I blew an axle seal in North Carolina a couple days ago and the Greer terminal was only 49 miles away. As for being one of the worst terminals, I have to disagree. As far as the "Best in Ass" terminals go I'd say that the Martinsburg WV, Wilmington CA and Gary IN terminals are the real crapholes in the system. The only real problem I see with the Greer terminal is the shop only runs one shift and there is a large backup of trucks waiting for service. The seal would take about 4 hours to replace in Memphis or Lancaster due to their 3 shifts. The single shift shop here in Greer just cant clear their backlog in a single day and that is costing me a buttload of money in just sitting around time.

I dont even go the locked window because the people working back there dont really care and even if they did there's not much they can do about it anyway.

The showers are old and kinda dirty but their coffee is free of charge and that's kinda nice. Also the Super8 is in walking distance from the terminal and there's a burger king and a waffle house adjacent to the hotel.

Aw thats so nice that you are an owner operator with Swift. You think because you gross 80 to 100k per year BEFORE taxes and expenses that you are something special? I got news for you, a good company driver 10 years ago could make 60k per year solo with another company. And if you think you can BS everyone on this site about how great Swift is you are only mind screwing yourself. There are too many experienced drivers here that know Swift is a loser company, run by a scumbag. Swifts reputation will always speak for itself. Take a look at their earnings statements for the last 4 years. They lost 125million last year alone.I guess scraping the bottom of the barrel and hiring all the wierdos, wackos and people who should never be behind the wheel of a big truck has really paid off. Im glad you are enjoying the time at the terminal though. Sitting around with all the other flea bitten, toothless, non showering wanna be drivers. I am sure Jerry loves you and your simple mind.

Are you still with Swift? If so how are things going?

I made the final payment on my truck in Feb 2011 and soon after I leased on with another
company, It was a financial decision, they pay between 6 and 28 cents more a mile depending
on the distance, shorter trips pay more. Local runs less than 50 miles pay a flat 100 dollars each.

I run about the same lines as I did with Swift, I run into Swift and DSW drivers at customers all
the time. We swap stories and such. No regrets, I'm glad I worked for Swift for 4+ years.
My new company has pluses and minuses too, Their trailers are all mostely new but they
dont have enough office staff to handle their call volume, 90 minutes on hold gets old real fast.
The office staff doesn't make good use of the Qualcom. E-logs are nice though, no more
missing logs from last month nonsense.

A lot of what I learned at Swift still applies at my new company. You still have to be a
self starter here, no hand holding and no rookies here.

Quadaces you seems to know a lot about Swift, who you work for? And about o/o for Swift the minimum they should be making as a solo driver is $208,000.00 (gross), if they make less something is wrong, you need to learn to run a business and like to work if you want to be successful. People that complain and talk crap usually are lazy bastards that just want to sit in their crap and wait for money to fall from the sky. I've being with the company just 8 month and like it. It has it pros and cons, but which company don't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they are dumer than a load of wood that's why there still there they can't go any place else one of the worst out fits on the road today!!!!!

I don't know what every ones problem with swift is but I got on a dedicated account as soon as I came of my mentors truck and my first truck was a brand new t660 kenworth. And only 6 months of being in a sleeper I got a position in a day cab to where I'm home every day and making .42 cents a mile. My suggestion to all the new comers just bust your butt and good things will happen. I know this scenario might not happen to every one but get agood DM and as long as you help them they will help you. The only complaint I have is there trucks are to slow but then again dont have to worry about speeding tickets