Greetings everyone

I have question that has nothing to do with any of our craziness. I have used J. B. Weld to repair a crack in our shower. One spot, half size of a dime, did not harden. Googled it, and all posts lean toward applying heat to force setup.(been setup for 24 hrs)When I put heat to the jb weld, it melted. Any suggestions other than ripping out the shower and building a walkin shower with glass and tile.
Are you sure you got your JB mix 50/50, if you did not get the hardner equal, it will not harden
A hair drier is about all the heat you need on JB
We use a product called Marine Tex, it is a 2 part epoxy also,
I,ll get you the name of another sealer called 5200, its a marine sealer, the very best

Last edited:
I have question that has nothing to do with any of our craziness. I have used J. B. Weld to repair a crack in our shower. One spot, half size of a dime, did not harden. Googled it, and all posts lean toward applying heat to force setup.(been setup for 24 hrs)When I put heat to the jb weld, it melted. Any suggestions other than ripping out the shower and building a walkin shower with glass and tile.
Gorilla Glue is used in Construction settings and sold in Hardware Stores: Ace, Homeless Depot, Lowes, etc.

Are you sure you got your JB mix 50/50, if you did not get the hardner equal, it will not harden
A hair drier is about all the heat you need on JB
We use a product called Marine Tex, it is a 2 part epoxy also,
I,ll get you the name of another sealer called 5200, its a marine sealer, the very best
OT, this 5200 marine sealer is a 3M product, it does not harden like an epoxy, but stays a little pliable, , I think it
would be fine for your problem, comes in a tube no mixing

OT, this 5200 marine sealer is a 3M product, it does not harden like an epoxy, but stays a little pliable, , I think it
would be fine for your problem, comes in a tube no mixing
I've been thinking of trying the Marine Tex. They have a product called Gluvit, that I've been eyeing. If you find another name for that 3M product, post it and I'll put it on the list. Thanks.

enhxWyv.jpg

Well dang. Look what a internet search found. Thanks.