Greyhound Lines Terminal

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Hi everyone,

I have an odd question and maybe someone knows the answer. Greyhound lines of Dallas, Texas is like the major inter-city bus company in North America.

Well my question is, where do the buses come from? I know they have bus stations where they drop off and pick up passengers, but the bus station isn't the same thing as a major terminal with a maintenance facility and a garage for heavy repairs I mean I am sure it could be, but you know what I am saying.

Also Greyhound does charters and other things and that means they have to have some facility where they pool equipment for special charters and runs that are not normally on the regular bus schedule?

They have to have a heavy maintenance facility and garage somewhere, I mean the new buses they buy have to go to some kind of main hub and have license plates and other things applied to them before, they are set loose to roam the country.

I mean I could see them having a certain number of buses that run in certain regions and never go past a 500 mile radius of certain cities, but still not every bus terminal is a major maintenance facility and they have a pretty big fleet and that stuff has to come in for service somewhere. Unless they just have it maintained along the way. If it needs tires and they are stopped at some place for a few hours call road service and have tires, put on right in the parking lot. That sounds very expensive and not really practical to me and can't be regular operating procedure, but then again these big companies kind of set the price and have such buying power that places kind of go along with what ever they say, so it might work like that.

However they still do charters and things and usually those regular passenger buses are always scheduled to go somewhere, so that means they don't just have buses parked at the bus depot. So that means they have to pool equipment at some kind of special bus station or central terminal with a garage and a yard for equipment that is not assigned a route or is for a dedicated account or just waiting to go out on a charter.

Any how thanks for your time as always
Mike

There's a garage in Dallas right off the freeway on the outside of downtown u can see it off the freeway on 35 i think when u on one of the ramps. San Antonio has a garage and many more big cities. They work on and store the busses there.