Yellow | Grievance Filed On The Allowed Dilapidation Of Terminal

Warning letters? That's a joke,right? You can't get fired here. Waste time, sleep, extra breaks, damage freight, and equipment, mouth off to customers, and management. It is rampant where I am....

2 years ago I was at the hearings in Columbus and a YRC city driver lost his job for making suggestive comments to a shipping employee at a Customer.

2 years ago I was at the hearings in Columbus and a YRC city driver lost his job for making suggestive comments to a shipping employee at a Customer.
Can't do that. I've been there when people have been let go because of it. Any type of harassment is not tolerated. Especially sexual harassment. Breakroom is different. Alot of us would be gone if breakroom banter was recorded. Uh O. Shouldn't have said that. I've heard some nasty ::shit:: in there. And you all know what I mean. But. You have to know when to keep it to yourself. Suggestive comments at a customers. Really. That's when you keep it business only.

The grievance is starting to draw attention. TM's boss came down yesterday an walked around our dock with our local president and a couple of union employees. It didn't take long for him to see the dock is every bit as bad as the grievance describes. The whole dock is a safety hazard. He said KC had a similar steel track to what we have and it had to be remove, you can't keep driving over it all night and not do damage to your back and that's on top of all the cracks, potholes,and worn out dock steels. Now will just have to wait and see what their next move is.

Last edited:
you can't keep driving over it all night and not do damage to your back
Not to mention the wear and tear on the forklifts, it takes a while but they'll show it too.

Can't do that. I've been there when people have been let go because of it. Any type of harassment is not tolerated. Especially sexual harassment. Breakroom is different. Alot of us would be gone if breakroom banter was recorded. Uh O. Shouldn't have said that. I've heard some nasty :::shit::: in there. And you all know what I mean. But. You have to know when to keep it to yourself. Suggestive comments at a customers. Really. That's when you keep it business only.
Can't do that. I've been there when people have been let go because of it. Any type of harassment is not tolerated. Especially sexual harassment. Breakroom is different. Alot of us would be gone if breakroom banter was recorded. Uh O. Shouldn't have said that. I've heard some nasty :::shit::: in there. And you all know what I mean. But. You have to know when to keep it to yourself. Suggestive comments at a customers. Really. That's when you keep it business only.

Don't find out the hard way !!
If your on the clock and make the wrong remark no matter where you are at your eligible for the one way walk.

There's plenty of $$$ at my barn to pay lawyers to represent our management in a sexual harassment lawsuit from a former employee, that their going to lose.
Was she worth hitting on or making advancement?Somewhere there waa probably some things going on in the genisis of the relationship.Provocation to some degree

Was she worth hitting on or making advancement?Somewhere there waa probably some things going on in the genisis of the relationship.Provocation to some degree
The victim was in no way involved in any personal relationship with the management person who was sexuality harassing them. The management person has a track record of this sort of thing. The victim even told TM about it and all he did was threaten the victim telling them they would lose their job if they spoke up. TM should be fired for that . The management person was also caught sleeping with a customer by his wife.............he had a hell of a black eye from that one.

A grievance has been filed on the pitiful and unsafe dock conditions at our terminal. The dock floor is ate up with huge cracks and large potholes. There is an unavoidable unused steel track that runs on 3 sides of the dock that will rattle your teeth when you drive over it, the forklifts are junk so they only add to the poor conditions. Management sees the beating the men take from the poor working conditions but everyone of them is too gutless to speak up. TM has failed to take accountability for the safety of his employees. Some of the senior men are so beat up from these conditions they can't even stand up straight once they've been on a fork for any length of time. The union promises to see that we have safe working conditions and it's time they do it.
The Vice President of Region 10 came down and inspected our dock and I would like to thank him for taking the time to do that. VP agreed the grievance was correct . He informed our local that there is multiple issues with the dock condition that need attention and repair. VP said he would turn this issue over to the YRC Property Group. This isn't a patch job. It won't do any good to repair the cracks and potholes and not repair the steel track that surrounds our dock, it is a major problem. They will have to repair all problems or take responsibility for the physical damage it is doing to the employees who work on it.

The Vice President of Region 10 came down and inspected our dock and I would like to thank him for taking the time to do that. VP agreed the grievance was correct . He informed our local that there is multiple issues with the dock condition that need attention and repair. VP said he would turn this issue over to the YRC Property Group. This isn't a patch job. It won't do any good to repair the cracks and potholes and not repair the steel track that surrounds our dock, it is a major problem. They will have to repair all problems or take responsibility for the physical damage it is doing to the employees who work on it.
Saying and doing. That is a big problem at YRC. Believe it when you see it.

Cheapest way out close the terminal sell the property and use a connecting line from a terminal 150 miles away....................................

He is a VP. VP's are very good @ smoke & mirrors. That is why they are a VP. Time will tell. Has any formal complaint with your State OSHA office been filed? Also find the Office, usually in the Federal building near you for the DOT to file a formal complaint. Call only to get the paperwork. Then march it down to their office & ask for a receipt. Under Federal Law, they have to take a look. No throwing in in the trash can. Sign your name to it & ask for whistle blower status. They won't release your name to the company. Only way your employer know's it is you is if you testify in court. Me, I would ask for the whistle blower status, then take a copy & give it to the boss. And remind him of my new status. If they fire me during the time my complaint is still open, they open up themselves to a lawsuit, which you would win, in about 3 years. At any time if you can qualify, file for FMLA for yourself or a sick loved one. Another protection that can come in handy. Your company will come after you with guns blazing. Do yourself a big favor, 'Prepare for Battle' Good luck. von.

He is a VP. VP's are very good @ smoke & mirrors. That is why they are a VP. Time will tell. Has any formal complaint with your State OSHA office been filed? Also find the Office, usually in the Federal building near you for the DOT to file a formal complaint. Call only to get the paperwork. Then march it down to their office & ask for a receipt. Under Federal Law, they have to take a look. No throwing in in the trash can. Sign your name to it & ask for whistle blower status. They won't release your name to the company. Only way your employer know's it is you is if you testify in court. Me, I would ask for the whistle blower status, then take a copy & give it to the boss. And remind him of my new status. If they fire me during the time my complaint is still open, they open up themselves to a lawsuit, which you would win, in about 3 years. At any time if you can qualify, file for FMLA for yourself or a sick loved one. Another protection that can come in handy. Your company will come after you with guns blazing. Do yourself a big favor, 'Prepare for Battle' Good luck. von.

Or, now that the VP has seen and recognized the problem, you could see if he follows through with getting the repairs made before going off and shooting yourself in the foot.

Or, now that the VP has seen and recognized the problem, you could see if he follows through with getting the repairs made before going off and shooting yourself in the foot.
I agree. Give them some time. 30 days for the bid for repairs, a week later they start the repairs. If not their is the other option I mentioned. And sometimes that is the ONLY way management will spend money for safety. But like you said, give them a chance. von.