Grocery DC's

FirefighterDoug

TB Lurker
Credits
Are things changing with the grocery DC's,I noticed with the new job site that the Grandview,WA grocery DC is on the map. I was under the impression that was a dedicated swift farm out. Are company drivers taking over those runs or is it going to be shared. I don't know how many Hermiston drivers check in here but current information would be nice. I know that would add alot of runs and would for sure be a good reason to be bringing on drivers in Hermiston. I have noticed a few Wal-Mart refer wagons running on I-84 over the last couple of months.

The grocery DC model has changed as can be seen back east . WMT is the preferred carrier .and the largest private carrier in the World continues to deliver the goods !

The dc's in the east started with outside carriers and eventually WMT grew into the primary or crontroling on site freight carrier . eventualy adding on site support ,maintainence , driver facilitys and management to each.. ...

things change constantly , but success is duplicated . my bet is that
GDC's will be more like the one's in the northeast before to long

Thanks TAH thats great news. I seem to remember at my last interview in 2005 the drivers mentioned that they were trying to cut out as many outside carriers as possible. I know swift has had the Grandview GRO DC locked up since it opened and hopefully now they are on thier way out. Again thanks for taking time to get us good information.

I work out of Raymond NH and we recieved a message over the Qualcomm stating that the company has definitely decided to institute the private fleet into all the grocery DC's nationwide. They didn't give a time frame but it is going to happen. :)