XPO | Group of XPO workers, labor officials to gather in protest of company practices

Actually for the defense of the IBT.Newly formed unionized workers arent being placed in the CSPF.They are being placed in the Western States Pension fund which by the way isnt doing too shabby.Just that darn CSPF is supposedly hurting
Really? Even those newly organized in the East , Midwest , and South?

If this is true - IF - then this is one more reason to be upset with the union leadership for not publicizing that new members don't have to be sacrificed to the CSPF in order to try and save it.

Mostly though , the best recruitment that can happen is successful , happy , healthy , well-paid employees. Also , respected ,and protected retirees ( not sitting around worried about health insurance and pension being changed or altered from what was bargained )

If this is true - IF - then this is one more reason to be upset with the union leadership for not publicizing that new members don't have to be sacrificed to the CSPF in order to try and save it.

Mostly though , the best recruitment that can happen is successful , happy , healthy , well-paid employees. Also , respected ,and protected retirees ( not sitting around worried about health insurance and pension being changed or altered from what was bargained )
A linen service company employees in Tennessee were newly organized and placed in the WCPF.I guess that's what the employees bargained for in their new contract

New England good shape for the next twenty years after that ,it won't matter to me.

But what about the majority of the rank and file who land in CSPF?? Guess they don't matter. Some "brotherhood"... I might actually be in favor of the teamsters if they actually would represent me and not just take my money...

I hope so. Shared sacrifice man... If one brother suffers, all should.
When it comes to pension funds The union an employer trusties enact changes.We vote on them. The members will never vote on going into a fund that's in jeopardy.If you lost money with your 401 k You want me or any one else to subsidize your loses .Wake up it will never happen.This why we have regional funds.When one loses others don't suffer.

We have thousands of white paper contracts through out the Midwest with company provied pensions and other alternative planss.Actually Kroger grocers is no longer in central state's,If the have money for withdrawal liability we cannot stop them .There members like UPS voted to go into alternative plans and or be sheltered from cuts if they pay their withdrawal liability.

There are a bunch of different pension plans, I belong to central pa. and the plan is doing very well just like western states plan. But by far cspf is the biggest & I do agree they should have used that as a selling point, but on the other hand I don't think they wanted to get there members anymore fired up then they already are thinking that they tossed them to the curb for something better....

There are a bunch of different pension plans, I belong to central pa. and the plan is doing very well just like western states plan. But by far cspf is the biggest & I do agree they should have used that as a selling point, but on the other hand I don't think they wanted to get there members anymore fired up then they already are thinking that they tossed them to the curb for something better....
Central pa can take a cash out at the end isn't that correct

I thought that was the point of a multi-employer pension fund, to make sure everyone in the fund's retirement was guaranteed.
Only employers making active contributions on members behave.Remember these funds are run by employer and union trustees.They should be held accountable for the funds liability and assets ,being fiduciaries.They can be brought up on charges, They can be held for breach of fiduciary trust.If there is evidence of any wrongdoing.

Actually newly organized members would have a choice of whether to be in any fund at all. I would guess that if xpo drivers went union, they would keep their current retirement plan and negotiate higher employer contributions.

But what about the majority of the rank and file who land in CSPF?? Guess they don't matter. Some "brotherhood"... I might actually be in favor of the teamsters if they actually would represent me and not just take my money...
Nobody lands in a pension fund during negotiations they to choose what they want for a pension. The union does not force anyone into one said pension fund

Nobody lands in a pension fund during negotiations they to choose what they want for a pension. The union does not force anyone into one said pension fund

Right like the leadership wouldn't try to coerce then into CSPF, just like they didn't give away the last 2 contracts and MOU extension. The union only represents their own interests, not the rank and file.

Right like the leadership wouldn't try to coerce then into CSPF, just like they didn't give away the last 2 contracts and MOU extension. The union only represents their own interests, not the rank and file.
You are under the impression that CSPF is run by or even a part of the union. You are wrong.