XPO | Group of XPO workers, labor officials to gather in protest of company practices

I can't wait to see what happens to that wonderful teamster health insurance after the Cadillac tax kicks in after next year. I hope for y'alls sake it stays the same but it would be hard to imagine any of the companies able to afford an extra 50% per policy.
You can't wait to see what happens ? Your hoping we have to pay! I'm not political but I did enough research to know both parties are against the bill

The truth is that I jump all over from forum to forum, and when people know what you do for a living or where you work, when they disagree with you, they bring out the personal stuff and tell you to go away, call you a troll, etc. etc. I learned that years ago.
I am a free ranging poster because not a single person on here knows what I do for a living.
But trust me......I have connections (friends) in low places.

You're a lying piece of :crap: who gets paid by the Union Busting Company that XPO hired. You're paid to troll this site and convince workers to vote against their own interest.

You XPO guys are getting conned by this troll and others like it. You guys are fighting against a corporation by yourselves, you need someone to back you...Get some balls and join the Teamsters!!

More Teamsters=More Bargaining Power

You can't wait to see what happens ? Your hoping we have to pay! I'm not political but I did enough research to know both parties are against the bill
It's not a bill btw it's already law under Obamacare it just doesn't kick in until 2017

To all of you union guys, I am not anti-union. If the unions stood up for the things that they were intended for(The workers), but it's more and more apparent the Teamsters only care about the survival of the Teamsters. It comes off to me that the only reason you want me and my fellow employees to vote union is to help your own situation. At least this thread was originally about the union but you guys hijack every thread on here to propagate your pro union nonsense. Seems to me you want us to join to do what the current brotherhood didn't have the balls to do.

In short, "get your house in order" then come see me

Not a bill, it law that the Teamster's supported it called obomacare. The teamster thought this was better than sliced bread until they found out that they were not except from this then they cried like big :crybaby:

Last edited:
You use yrc company's as a example, what about ups package/ freight? Or abf for that matter we are now back to where we were 4 years ago as of 7/1/16 Yes the vacation is pathetic & I don't see it staying that way because they cant attract any talent. As for getting 3 weeks vacation after the first year of employment I'm having a hard time believing that....

Myself personally I would be furious if I had to say that after years of concessions I was "now back to where we were 4 years ago"...

I agree that every company should have to pay overtime after 40, or better yet, after 8 on a daily basis. But unfortunately many of them don't until after at least 50 hrs. And it's no secret that those who have o/t set at 50 and after 60 hours, make dang sure that people don't go over on a regular basis.
I think that they are ripping off the employees, but that's just my opinion.

Oh they are ripping he drivers off, I assure you. Thursday was the shortest day they could possilbly work you to keep you under 50 by end of business Friday.

Not a bill, it law that the Teamster's supported it called obomacare. The teamster thought this was better than sliced bread until they found out that they were not except from this then they cried like big :crybaby:
The Cadillac tax starts at $27,500 for a family. Our family plans in central states is $17,040.40 a year. Well under what you need to be in the Cadillac range. Its page 223 in the ABF Contract book.

Last edited:
The Cadillac tax starts at $27,500 for a family. Our family plans in central states is $17,040.40 a year. Well under what you need to be in the Cadillac range. Its page 223 in the ABF Contract book.
That's why I leave politics alone....nice find SAC75....

That's why I leave politics alone....nice find SAC75....
They also fixed the one thing we was lacking for Obama Care. The part of birth control. As of January 1st 2016 the wellness plan also covers woman issues for free which covers birth control. Not sure if the birth control is covered completely but is under our prescription plan. It hasn't been submitted for approval yet but does cover what we were lacking under our plan. It's on the Central States web site. Don't know if all plans are the same in different areas though.

Last edited:
It was a contract not concessions. Same thing could be said about not being paid overtime.

Anything negotiated less than what you already had is a concession, plain and simple. And it took 4 years to get back to where you were to begin with. We have received raises every year through those 4 years. Regarding overtime, I have said repeatedly that OD should pay overtime. But they don't, and they aren't breaking any laws by not doing so. Any driver coming to work where I am knows their pay scale going into the deal. Also, as a linehaul driver, overtime doesn't apply to me anyway. That's why I'm in linehaul. After doing city and not being paid overtime, I have no interest in ever doing so again.

Anything negotiated less than what you already had is a concession, plain and simple. And it took 4 years to get back to where you were to begin with. We have received raises every year through those 4 years. Regarding overtime, I have said repeatedly that OD should pay overtime. But they don't, and they aren't breaking any laws by not doing so. Any driver coming to work where I am knows their pay scale going into the deal. Also, as a linehaul driver, overtime doesn't apply to me anyway. That's why I'm in linehaul. After doing city and not being paid overtime, I have no interest in ever doing so again.
Ok, so back in April & OD was not working you every day would you consider that to be some type of concession? You can get 10 raises a year if your not getting paid they don't mean much....

Ok, so back in April & OD was not working you every day would you consider that to be some type of concession? You can get 10 raises a year if your not getting paid they don't mean much....

Those are 2 separate things and you know it. If that were the case we would all be under concessions because hours/miles vary every week.

Those are 2 separate things and you know it. If that were the case we would all be under concessions because hours/miles vary every week.
When I was hired they told me their was no guarantee in a 40 hour week, did you expect to work full time when you were hired? Not picking on you just pointing out not much difference in the word concession in any company....