XPO | Group of XPO workers, labor officials to gather in protest of company practices

It was a contract not concessions.

I still have contract book so I'll spend some time this weekend scouring the pages and see if I can find where it says that I will take a 15% pay cut, lose a week vacation, and have my pension cut down to 25% of it's former self.
:nono h4h:

Come on dude, how dumb do you think we are?

When I was hired they told me their was no guarantee in a 40 hour week, did you expect to work full time when you were hired?
Under my old CONTRACT, the junior guys at our barn got laid off every single year after Labor Day, and they were lucky to get put back on full time by Christmas time for vacation coverage, then they'd get laid off again until at least March.
I'm thinking that when they applied for the "FULL TIME" position, under a UNION contract, they expected to work every day, not 7 months out of the year.
Lay offs come with low volume at nearly every company, contract or not.

When I was hired they told me their was no guarantee in a 40 hour week, did you expect to work full time when you were hired? Not picking on you just pointing out not much difference in the word concession in any company....

So YRC is working for less than they were per hour/mile and it's called a concession but ABF doing the same thing isn't? I'm not picking on you either, just pointing out the obvious disconnect in your thinking.

I still have contract book so I'll spend some time this weekend scouring the pages and see if I can find where it says that I will take a 15% pay cut, lose a week vacation, and have my pension cut down to 25% of it's former self.
:nono h4h:

Come on dude, how dumb do you think we are?
ABF took a 7% not 15%...and my pension is 100% . You can look in your book all you want seeing with that many posts, you have very little to do then be on here. So with your incredible knowledge on everything trucking, was it a contract voted on by ABF employees or concessions? Remember concessions were voted down a year earlier....dude

So YRC is working for less than they were per hour/mile and it's called a concession but ABF doing the same thing isn't? I'm not picking on you either, just pointing out the obvious disconnect in your thinking.
And it was voted on 5 times in the middle of a contract, not as a contract

ABF took a 7% not 15%...and my pension is 100% . You can look in your book all you want seeing with that many posts, you have very little to do then be on here. So with your incredible knowledge on everything trucking, was it a contract voted on by ABF employees or concessions? Remember concessions were voted down a year earlier....dude
Not only do I not know about ABF specifically, I also don't care about ABF specifically. I didn't work for them. But I know exactly what has gone on at the YRCW companies.......in fact, I lived it. So don't bother preaching to me about any of it or that contractual horseshit either, since it isn't worth the paper that it's written on.

Not only do I not know about ABF specifically, I also don't care about ABF specifically. I didn't work for them. But I know exactly what has gone on at the YRCW companies.......in fact, I lived it. So don't bother preaching to me about any of it or that contractual horseshit either, since it isn't worth the paper that it's written on.
I also worked for Roadway/yrc 10 years, also lived it....

I have you beat.......by a long ways.
:1036316054:

So you should also understand why I don't feel so warm and fuzzy about the leadership within the Union or "The Greatest Contract Ever".

I have you beat.......by a long ways.
:1036316054:

So you should also understand why I don't feel so warm and fuzzy about the leadership within the Union or "The Greatest Contract Ever".
I'm not happy about every in the thing that goes on with the union or Hoffa for that matter & encourage everyone to vote in the upcoming election, but its still better then most companies

SO after reading all this did the union do what's best for it's members or for the company? This can go either way
One can say giving a percentage back to the company is screwing there members. or it saving them from the company having to layoff or closing down.

Last edited:
SO after reading all this did the union do what's best for it's members or for the company? This can go either way
One can say giving a percentage back to the company is screwing there members. or it saving them from the company having to layoff or closing down.
Maybe with yrc, but now they are taking advantage of them & cant do anything until 2019. With ABF no way the bought everything under the sun after the contract was signed, if they think its going to be like this in 2018 they can shut the doors I will move on like I did before....

If you're fool enough to trust another man's word when it comes to ensuring your retirement , You're fool enough to be cheated out of it .

If you're fool enough to trust another man's word when it comes to ensuring your retirement , You're fool enough to be cheated out of it .
Same could be said
Or you can invest your money like you don't have a company paid pension & possibly have a big cherry on top when the time comes to retire....

Same could be said

Or you can invest your money like you don't have a company paid pension & possibly have a big cherry on top when the time comes to retire....

That's what I would do, especially nowadays. Back 40 years ago, I prolly would have spent like a drunken sailor because back then who would have thought the Teamsters would have sold out freight...

If I had known decades ago that the pension fund was going to penetrate my hinder before I ever drew a penny, I would have done things a lot different. I created my retirement plans based on that pension being there. Dang........how much more naive could I have been? After realizing that they've left me with nothing but bloody underwear, changes had to be made. I'd like to kick myself in the nuts for ever entrusting anyone else with my finances or future.
Lesson learned, it's every man for himself from now on.