XPO | Group of XPO workers, labor officials to gather in protest of company practices

If the old days of corruption were over, they wouldn't be listed in the back of the monthly rag

This is another thing that the pro guys forget. We can all walk up and talk to any union driver we want, and we have instant access to the real truth. This isn't the 80's where all we hear is what we are told. You can't buffalo us. Everyone has access to everyone else. And the drivers that have given 20 years, 30 years and more to these companies and that union have plenty to say about it.

I guess the other side of that question could be,if you want to work for a union company so bad,why not apply at one.I think about all of them are trying to recruit drivers..:hide:

Guys like this come across like the preachers on TV. Send us your money and all your sins will be erased.

It's sad that these pro guys are still using the same worn out sales pitches from yesteryear.

This is another thing that the pro guys forget. We can all walk up and talk to any union driver we want, and we have instant access to the real truth. This isn't the 80's where all we hear is what we are told. You can't buffalo us. Everyone has access to everyone else. And the drivers that have given 20 years, 30 years and more to these companies and that union have plenty to say about it.
Con-Way,OD and Fred-X in my area are told not to talk to union drivers by their management.

Health insurance has tanked, 401k match is a shadow of what it once was. Conway pension was frozen at the end of 2006, ( new hires starting in 2007 and after get nothing). Not advocating organizing xpo...just saying that when I signed on w/ this company way back in1994, Conway was the top of the line LTL to be a part of. Then over the years little by little things were taken away. And I'm afraid that now that xpo is in the driver's seat...more things might be taken away. Hope not though!!! :grey:
Show me any company that kept everything the same benefit wise from 22 years in the past.[/QUOTE]

I can't Un...unless you started talking about fortune 500 companies. And that's my point...just hoping that XPO is truly on it's way to becoming something big so that it won't cut benefits to it's employees over the long haul.

And Reagan "fired" the pilots thereby reducing the effectiveness of the threat of "striking" for future generations. I am a little young to opinionate on the 80's so I apologize if this is not accurate but that's how I remember it.
You're correct, the air traffic controllers were replaced by Reagan. Maybe they didn't support him with contributions when he was running for President.

The Teamsters have always supported both parties, maybe not to the same extent. They want to say I supported you now you can help me not unlike most every corporation in America. The Teamsters endorsed Ronald Reagan when he ran.
I forgot about that. Yes they did support him until he :shhit: canned the air traffic controllers.
I am wandering why TeamsterL200 did not respond to me though I answered his question

One thing that many either forget, ignore or never knew is that those who work at jobs that affect national security are not allowed to strike. That includes railroad workers and air traffic controllers. See...those air traffic controllers not only control our commercial aircraft, they also control our military aircraft and in the event of a national emergency it would be a disaster for our military aircraft to be flying without air traffic control. Any president would have replaced those workers.

If the union offered a better product, then there would be lines to get those union jobs.
This quote right here says it all.:1036316054:

It's really quite simple, the union companies have better insurance than most of the others. But that is where it ends.

The ones who continue to defend the union for their support of bad contracts, are the entire problem. The upper level union bosses have no accountability because the members refuse to hold them accountable.

Keep letting them off the hook, and you get more crappy contracts.

Con-Way,OD and Fred-X in my area are told not to talk to union drivers by their management.
I've heard that a thousand times.........and I call b.s.

Any employee with a spine would laugh at Mgt. for telling them who they can and can't talk to. I would make a fool out of any management person who told me that. That will be the day that this guy (ME) gets told who I can talk to.

Some people act like the non-union guys go in to work like some kind of drone or sheep, and have no voice and are afraid to look cross-eyed at Mgt. ..................again, I call b.s.

You're correct, the air traffic controllers were replaced by Reagan. Maybe they didn't support him with contributions when he was running for President.
And maybe our country couldn't allow air traffic controllers to shut her down and/or put our nation at risk of total chaos.

Absolutely!
He is no different than any corporate executive. {AKA: Thief.}
I can get screwed by the company I work for, or I can get screwed by the company I work for and the union?

again not the unions fault...........
That seems to be a theme..........

I am going to reply to your reply in sequence
1: Yes the government did place the central states pension fund in trusteeship. However, that was due to the entire Teamsters orginization being placed under federal trusteeship for racketeering and corruption, and the pension fund was included because it involved financial contributions on behalf of the membership that were participants in cspf.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like union leaders stealing from the members.

2: The Teamsters had no choice but to let UPS withdraw from cspf. Any employer that comes forward with a check in hand for the amount of their withdrawl liability has the LEGAL RIGHT to withdraw. The Teamsters, or any other union signatory to cspf, can do nothing to keep that from happening. And it was also done within the constitution of the Teamsters union, each and every dues paying member employed by UPS had a vote in the matter, and the majority of UPS employees voted in favor of withdrawing from cspf. The Teamsters are a Democracy, the members get a vote on any and all changes to contractual obligations.
I wasn't aware that was law. I assumed like most things in life, it was negotiated. If I was a UPS employee, I would have also voted to leave a failing pension for a successful one. Would you have voted against it?

3: UPS paid somewhere in the ballpark of 6.1 BILLION ( alot of $ ) for their withdrawl. Was the money mismanaged? There have been many different analysts opinions on the issue and they do vary, that makes it inconclusive. However, at that time a perfect storm was brewing in Wall Street and the manufacturing sector aka "the recession", and nobady saw that coming. Couple that with the amount of retirees getting a monthly check outnumbering the amount of actives having contributions made, the math is easy to do. And yes there are some Wall Street fat cats out there that got fat on our dime, but if there was any link to Teamster leadership they would have already been removed from office and brought up on both internal and criminal charges by now.
There's no fat cats in the union? What's Jimmy JR's net worth? Putting the blame on everyone else, while ignoring the fact that your own leadership has screwed you. No more corruption despite the fact that there's an entire section in the magazine detailing the new charges?

None of my reply makes for juicy reproach against the Teamsters Union, but it is factual. And you can rest assure that Brad Jacobs and his band of cronies would never circulate the facts, they are much happier with their enslaved employees being in the dark. Joining the Teamsters is the only option you people have to get security in the workplace and our entire industry. You all work too hard to be mistreated and disrespected.
How am I enslaved? I get paid very well. I can assure you, I do my own research. I'm not depending on anyone to show me facts, especially the CEO of my company. Can you list how we've been mistreated and disrespected? You used the word factual, so when you respond to these specific questions, be factual.

I've heard that a thousand times.........and I call b.s.

Any employee with a spine would laugh at Mgt. for telling them who they can and can't talk to. I would make a fool out of any management person who told me that. That will be the day that this guy (ME) gets told who I can talk to.

Some people act like the non-union guys go in to work like some kind of drone or sheep, and have no voice and are afraid to look cross-eyed at Mgt. ..................again, I call b.s.
We were encouraged not to talk to union officials. Nothing was ever said about union drivers at my barn. I was hopeful a union official would approach me, but they never did.

I have been at Conway/XPO 28 years and never once told who I could or couldn't talk to. It is just ridiculous that you believe a story like this.
But I guess it makes a good story to tell at the union hall.

I will say back in the day that some Teamster drivers would shun me at different places when we were both making pickups and deliveries. It was a great strategy to get Conway drivers to want to go union. The damage that was done back in those days is what makes longtime Conway drivers want no part of the Teamsters.

I wasn't pro or con Teamsters when I started at Conway. I applied at Yellow and Conway at the same time. Conway is the one that called me to come to work.

I have been at Conway/XPO 28 years and never once told who I could or couldn't talk to. It is just ridiculous that you believe a story like this.

I will say back in the day that some Teamster drivers would shun me at different places when we were both making pickups and deliveries. It was a great strategy to get Conway drivers to want to go union. The damage that was done back in those days is what makes longtime Conway drivers want no part of the Teamsters.

I wasn't pro or con Teamsters when I started at Conway. I applied at Yellow and Conway at the same time. Conway is the one that called me to come to work.

No story son just what is done here locally.
How do we know this ? Have had a few people that lost their jobs in the company's merger that have been hired at these company's.

And I remember how some CCX drivers were snickering at a CF driver that was cleaning out freight after the shutdown. I guess just like you I will let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

No story son just what is done here locally.
How do we know this ? Have had a few people that lost their jobs in the company's merger that have been hired at these company's.

Like I said I have been here 28 years and been told by people that have never worked here how things work at Conway/XPO.Never fail that they are misinformed.