Gunner Kiel leaves LSU at the altar for Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by R-14Driver, Jan 17, 2012.

1. R-14Driver

R-14Driver Well-Known Member

This is not a repeat. You are not experiencing déjà vu. It's just the next chapter in the ongoing saga that is the Courtship of Gunner Kiel: For the second time in three weeks, the most sought-after quarterback in the 2012 recruiting class has apparently juked his way out of one verbal commitment and into another.

This time, Kiel is ditching LSU for a last-second defection to Notre Dame, according to the Notre Dame Observer, which confirmed an afternoon of rampant speculation with a university staffer on Monday night. Kiel is expected to enroll in South Bend by the end of the week — possibly as soon as Tuesday, the first day of classes for the spring semester — putting him on pace to join a crowded depth chart in spring practice...................

Gunner Kiel leaves LSU at the altar for Notre Dame (updated) | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo! Sports

2. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Did LSU spring for the bus ticket? :sadwavey::sadwavey::sadwavey::sadwavey::sadwavey:

3. Starkravinloon

Gunner Kiel made a statement today, in reference to him decommitting to LSU and Indiana..."There was nothing negative toward either school..They are great institutions..This was a family decision".. I guess his Dad wanted him to attend ND, because he did... How long was his Dad in the NFL...I really don't remember him too much..

4. R-14Driver

R-14Driver Well-Known Member

His dad went to Butler University but his Uncle went to ND . And I don't remember or even think his dad Kip made it to the big league .

5. Starkravinloon

My bad, it was his uncle...Thanks for the correction R....