..Guns & Ammo shocks readers with editorial calling for gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Nope. Sorry. Those semi-autos haven't killed a single person yet. The fruitcake that pulled the trigger did.

People who do possess ANY weapons need to use common sense and keep them locked up, especially if they have someone in the house that's not playing with a full deck. But that's common sense, and some people refuse to use it. But taking away the rights of normal citizens doesn't cure anything. In fact, it only emboldens the thieves because they would know that the citizens have become unarmed.

And if you take away you leftist's gun grabbing, knee jerk reaction where you blame every shooting on an "assault weapon", you'd find out that most of the accusations were proven to be false, and a semi auto had nothing to do with the crime. If someone used a sling shot in a killing, you clowns would blame an assault weapon in the first reports. Then the truth comes out that it was a sling shot.........then you drop the story like a hot cake.

So if they outlawed the semi-auto rifles, the fruitcakes use semi-automatic shotguns, so how does that fix anything? Dead is dead the last time I checked.

You can keep preaching your gun grabbing agenda until the cows come home............but you ain't gettin' them.

2. Northern Flash

If you could guarantee me that the criminals would turn in all of their weapons, I would at least consider turning mine in. But since you can't...........there's no chance that I would turn mine in either.

3. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

You said; "People who do possess ANY weapons need to use common sense and keep them locked up"

What about the people who don't have common sense?

Semi auto nothing no hand guns, no rifles no shotguns NADA
    a huge chunk of the problem solved
    :dance:

4. Northern Flash

Hold them accountable? You still can't punish everyone for the stupidity of the few.

I've asked you this 100 times now, and you dodge the question.

Will the criminals get rid of their semi's also if we write more legislation?

5. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

One day we will decide it must stop and then every one gets "punished" isn't that how they deal with misbehavior in boot camp.
    I never dodge a question will the criminals turn in their guns the answer is probably not, but they will end up getting busted for a crime and that illegal gun may put them in prison for a long long time.
    Eventually through attrition all the guns (95%) will be gone.
    But you will turn yours in because your not a criminal and don't want to face years locked up with real criminals.

6. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

No We Won't.. We're Not Allowing To Happen... So go sell some ice cream and leave the decision making to the adults... Leave the children alone...LOL.. I think Ted Bundy was against guns too.... Wonder why?

7. Northern Flash

Example of your pipe dream: Chiraq already has strict gun laws. Has the crime gone down? No. Have the weapons been turned in? No. Are the violators sitting in prison? No. Have the gun turn-in programs taken the guns away from the criminals? No.

You live in fantasyland dude.

And the 5% will be held by the criminals.......who in turn, take over the country.

Nope. Not going to happen. They will have to pry the guns out of my cold dead hands.

8. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Active Member

By eventually do you mean the next ice age?

You do realize that if Colt, Smith & Wesson, and every gun manufacturer in the US closed their doors today, it would barely be noticed.

Where do you think the AK47 came from? Not Disneyland I can assure you. The Soviets made them in the hundreds of millions and they are everywhere. Countless handguns come from Brazil and Spain. Even the popular Glock is made in Austria.

So no, not attrition, or oxidation, or cannibalization, unless you can use your diplomacy skills to spread your message around the globe, convincing everyone to cease operations immediately. And even then, there are enough in existence to last for untold generations.

You see, a well cared for firearm has a virtually unlimited shelf life and unlike most products, maintains its resale value indefinitely. My grandson will end up with my collection and hopefully his grandson after that.

9. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Mags fantasizes a lot... It's that "perfect world" thing he has or something like that... Slow learners can make productive citizens though....