TForce | GVL barn has enough cards supposably

peteb2006

TB Lurker
Credits
I said in a post weeks ago that I never thought the union would make it in GVL.. we have to many oldtimers getting ready to retire in the next 2-3 years.......

we have 2 drivers (both road) that are organizing this barn and one of them told me tonight before I left that as of last count this afternoon they have enough cards signed for the APWA. I know the APWA was in GVL last Saturday at the Hilton I believe and several guys have been talking it up hard. So I may just stand corrected about the union in GVL.. as Skeeter says, time will tell.....

Well BusterNite maybe the Parent UPS will have to make a choice on who they want to represent us?
But they've been working with the Teamsters for their parcel division so long,purhaps they won't want to reconize anyother organization?

I'm not a mind reader,and haven't a clue whats going to happen?

So I'm joining southerngrits with Skeeters famous saying.
(TIME WILL TELL?)

"Time will tell" is starting to wear on me like the "Vision"!! Good luck with the A:puke: P:puke: W:puke: A:puke:!!!! By the way, thats not even close to a union.

Well BusterNite maybe the Parent UPS will have to make a choice on who they want to represent us?
But they've been working with the Teamsters for their parcel division so long,purhaps they won't want to reconize anyother organization?

(TIME WILL TELL?)

APO, Ups does not have a choice in who represent you/Overnite/UPSF employees.

The only oner that has a choice is you collectively as a whole.
If Overnite/UPSF employees choose APWA (God help them) then so be it. UPS has no voice in the matter except to negioate with them, again God help ya.

It sounds like you have a full plate with your preminum service sleeper team T251.
It must be a real joy to have a driving vacation,and you get paid well for doing it.
Hammer down ,and playing in traffic,sharing the driving with another co-worker,this sounds like something
thats to good to be true.

(TIME WILL TELL?)

Time has been told! There is only one choice.:smilie_132:

APO, Ups does not have a choice in who represent you/Overnite/UPSF employees.

The only oner that has a choice is you collectively as a whole.
If Overnite/UPSF employees choose APWA (God help them) then so be it. UPS has no voice in the matter except to negioate with them, again God help ya.
You ain't just whistling Dixie there brother. Why and how are some falling for this union busting APWA. Well, I wish them well and hope they come to there since after the HORSES get to rolling.

You ain't just whistling Dixie there brother. Why and how are some falling for this union busting APWA. Well, I wish them well and hope they come to there since after the HORSES get to rolling.

Well Krash, I can tell you most of these guys support APWA because they aren't union-minded in the first place.
Bringing the APWA is thier only defense against the Teamsters right now.
Most of these guys have fallen for the 70's propoganda that has been preached to them since they've been at Overnite. Most (former teamsters at Overnite) blame the unions for faliure at past jobs. Most can't see past there noses because their eyes are wide-open shut.

Granted, the propganda that has been fed to these guys holds some vadility, but it holds truth from the 70's. We are in the 21st century over thirty years has past since the corruption, murders, pilfering, and scams of the Fitz era.

This is 2007, an entirly different union organization is in place. In all actuallity a diifferent indusrty all together than the 60's and 70's. The basics still apply but the overall indusrty has changed along with the Teamsters.

I would trully like to hear from those that think so highly of the APWA and waht they truly have to offer.
Ponder this, the openly statement in APWA's website states that all offered in the future are projected, not promised.

T251

PS Before anyone of you goes off on that Solgan that Hoffa preached before the last strike, consider this, GWB used the wrong context in a speech prior to the invasion of Afganistan and Iraq. I believe the word "crusade" was used and taken the wrong way.
Hoffa's statement weren't meant to destroy jobs, they were used the the wrong way. I for one agee that that statement was wrong but it's context was taken the wrong way and inflamed many just like the word "crusade" did.

Also, they don't mention insurance. The money UPS contributes goes to our insurance also so if the whole thing went to retirement it would be easy to project that pie in the sky figure.

So they would actually deal with two seperate unions(terms used loosely)? And what if the teamsters deal is as good as what it looks like its going to be and these other boners sign up with AWPA and it is not as good? They will be stuck , correct?

So they would actually deal with two seperate unions(terms used loosely)? And what if the teamsters deal is as good as what it looks like its going to be and these other boners sign up with AWPA and it is not as good? They will be stuck , correct?

Chances are UPS may not recognoze this so called union and dragg it around for years.

The winner, UPS Corp
The losers, Overnite/UPSF employees taht choose APWA

Chances are UPS may not recognoze this so called union and dragg it around for years.

The winner, UPS Corp
The losers, Overnite/UPSF employees taht choose APWA

Well if they choose it and UPS poops on their parade that will be just fine with me...I would rather see that happen then get down the road here and have a war or be pushed into something I DON'T BELEIVE IN!!!!!!!! Oh wait I already am that is why I need a horse to do the dirty work.....

Well Krash, I can tell you most of these guys support APWA because they aren't union-minded in the first place.
Bringing the APWA is thier only defense against the Teamsters right now.
Most of these guys have fallen for the 70's propoganda that has been preached to them since they've been at Overnite. Most (former teamsters at Overnite) blame the unions for faliure at past jobs. Most can't see past there noses because their eyes are wide-open shut.

Granted, the propganda that has been fed to these guys holds some vadility, but it holds truth from the 70's. We are in the 21st century over thirty years has past since the corruption, murders, pilfering, and scams of the Fitz era.

This is 2007, an entirly different union organization is in place. In all actuallity a diifferent indusrty all together than the 60's and 70's. The basics still apply but the overall indusrty has changed along with the Teamsters.

I would trully like to hear from those that think so highly of the APWA and waht they truly have to offer.
Ponder this, the openly statement in APWA's website states that all offered in the future are projected, not promised.

T251

PS Before anyone of you goes off on that Solgan that Hoffa preached before the last strike, consider this, GWB used the wrong context in a speech prior to the invasion of Afganistan and Iraq. I believe the word "crusade" was used and taken the wrong way.
Hoffa's statement weren't meant to destroy jobs, they were used the the wrong way. I for one agee that that statement was wrong but it's context was taken the wrong way and inflamed many just like the word "crusade" did.

T, I usually find most of the views you express on this forum right on. Granted some may not agree with some of your statements, but then again bare facts and brass tacks is always the best approach in my book anyway. But speaking for many here at UPSF, I take offense to your above statement. Your assumption that we are teamsters on sabatical with a grudge against the union is truly disrespectful. Not only to those employees who have stuck there necks out to get the IBT drive going, but also to the union itself. Many employees that were union lost there jobs to corporate greed and mismanagement, CEX, ST.J., USF, CF, to name a few. When these companies closed, many of us took what was being offered with dignity and eventually moved on. I know many that never blamed the union, in fact, I know of cases where the union was willing to bend over backwards to work with the companies, Preston, CF, Nationsway, etc. Of coarse there are and always will be a few who feel like the union let them down. There are also those too who have never have been affiliated with any union organization and feel the word of there respective company is gospel. Guess what? Catagorizing the employees that log onto this board as APWA lovers and anti-IBT is narrow minded. Do you know how many terminals in New England have completed the card check and are waiting on a International Brotherhood of Teamsters contract? ALL OF THEM!! If you want to attract membership, educate through good stewardship!!

I said in a post weeks ago that I never thought the union would make it in GVL.. we have to many oldtimers getting ready to retire in the next 2-3 years.......

we have 2 drivers (both road) that are organizing this barn and one of them told me tonight before I left that as of last count this afternoon they have enough cards signed for the APWA. I know the APWA was in GVL last Saturday at the Hilton I believe and several guys have been talking it up hard. So I may just stand corrected about the union in GVL.. as Skeeter says, time will tell.....

SG, My thought on APWA is the majority rules. I for one this time around as before will go with the majority of the men and women of our company.

I'm not convinced that the APWA is the way to go if indeed we do go union. But as a new company I hope we all make the right decision it's still early.:smilie_132: