Had an interview today! Got a new job!!! :)

Chicken_Man

TB Lurker
Credits
It wasn't with Sysco, they never would return my calls...but I think this is going to be a much better fit for me. Its a smaller company that is growing, and I will be working nights! Which is awesome in my book. Going to be working 4 days a week, more than likely leaving on Wednesday night coming back Thursday and leaving on Saturday and coming back on Sunday. The Saturday Sunday thing kinda sucks, but the money is good, 1k per week for a 4 day work week...sign me up! The interview was great, turns out the guy that interviewed me coaches football at the same park my son plays at, so we hit it off right off the bat. He went ahead and faxed over all my background checks and I should be going in for drug test, road test and all that good stuff in the next week or two! Yay me!!!

Congrats chicken man. Is it a foodservice company? Where will you be delivering? Decent equipment?[/QUO

Thanks! It is foodservice, all new equipment out of the Atlanta area, delivering to Ga,Al,Tn and Sc. Like I said its a small outfit, he said that currently they are running 6 trucks out of this location. I have a friend that works for this company at a different location that backed up everything I was told in the interview as well... I feel really good about it, hell I'm stoked! I'm thinking about going out and celebrating!!!! I know I still have to wait for the background check and do all the tests but thats stuff I'm not worried about...its just the waiting now that is going to kill me, and working out notice at my current, dead end job, lol.

Congrats Chicken Man on the new job! Sorry to hear Sysco wouldn't return your calls. My husband is in the process of getting a transfer to Atlanta. He heard that the manager Darrell was a great guy that looks out for his drivers. So I really don't know why he wouldn't call you back?? Where in the Atlanta area do you live? Do you like it there?

Congrats Chicken Man on the new job! Sorry to hear Sysco wouldn't return your calls. My husband is in the process of getting a transfer to Atlanta. He heard that the manager Darrell was a great guy that looks out for his drivers. So I really don't know why he wouldn't call you back?? Where in the Atlanta area do you live? Do you like it there?

Thanks SyscoWife. Its all good about Sysco not calling back, who knows maybe they just aren't ready to start interviews yet, it was just a little frustrating to call Darrell over and over and him not ever answer or return my calls. Like I said though, I think this is going to be a much better fit for me, this is a smaller company that is growing and buying other smaller companies up. I like the small companies better anyway, it feels as though you are more appreciated for what you do and your hard work as opposed to a big company where your just another 'number'.

As far as liking Atlanta, I don't live near the city, I've lived in the suburbs my whole life (about 45 minutes or so from downtown). If your husband transfers and you move out here the cheapest place, and nicest in my opinion is west of Atanta. As long as he doesn't mind a little drive to work the further away from the city the better if you ask me, and cheaper for sure. Good luck and thanks again!

No problem. Well I hope you like your new job! You will have to update everyone on how it goes. :)

As for Atlanta, we we're planning on north of Atlanta in Woodstock, or maybe south in Newnan? Where in west of Atlanta would you recommend? Thanks in advance!

Congrats CM!!!!! I'm glad you landed something your gonna be happy with! Probably beats Sysco anyhow. How about Powder Springs? Is that a good area, I used to deliver there years ago.

Congrats CM!!!!! I'm glad you landed something your gonna be happy with! Probably beats Sysco anyhow. How about Powder Springs? Is that a good area, I used to deliver there years ago.

Thanks GT, I will post the company name and some pics of my new ride :) after everything is official and all. Powder Springs is nice, its not too far from Dallas which is where I'm from.

Congrads !
It just goes to show there ARE some jobs out there!
I was lucky I found the job I'm at now. The last one I had was a doozy!!!

Congrads !
It just goes to show there ARE some jobs out there!
I was lucky I found the job I'm at now. The last one I had was a doozy!!!

Thanks Mike, I got the call today that everything came back and I'm good to go! Going in the morning for drug screen and physical, they do a back strength test? Anyone ever done that before? I feel very lucky and fortunate to have come across this opportunity, my current job is really turning out to be quite a doozy too, lol. My truck didn't get loaded until 4:30 this afternoon, it was supposed to be loaded at 7 in the morning. This is just a much better company I feel and I'm excited and ready to get it started. I'm planning to give notice but I'm hoping to be able to take off Wed, Thur, Fri and Sat Thanksgiving week and have a mini vacation before starting my new gig. I'll keep everyone posted on how everything goes and all after I start.

Thanks Mike, I got the call today that everything came back and I'm good to go! Going in the morning for drug screen and physical, they do a back strength test? Anyone ever done that before? I feel very lucky and fortunate to have come across this opportunity, my current job is really turning out to be quite a doozy too, lol. My truck didn't get loaded until 4:30 this afternoon, it was supposed to be loaded at 7 in the morning. This is just a much better company I feel and I'm excited and ready to get it started. I'm planning to give notice but I'm hoping to be able to take off Wed, Thur, Fri and Sat Thanksgiving week and have a mini vacation before starting my new gig. I'll keep everyone posted on how everything goes and all after I start.
CM, I took a strength test for PFG and Sysco, the damn test was worse than the job! You will do ok, its just stupid, at PFG's test they wanted me to lift a milk crate worth of 80lbs in weights up on a shelf, I asked the man what was the purpose in that, he said it was to simulate putting an 80lb box of meat on the upper shelf, I laughed and told him IDK if they are in wheelchairs, I ain't putting meat on any top shelf.

I did it though, I passed, just like I passed at Sysco's test, and you will too. Its just dumb, keep that in mind.

Thanks GT, the name of the company is Pate Dawson Company or PDC. Like I said they are small, based in North Carolina. They opened the Atlanta location about 5 years ago to service the growing Bojangles franchise, that is the only account they have in Atlanta at this point. The cool thing is I know most of the Bojangles in the Atlanta area, I deliver chicken to them now.

I'm a little nervous about giving my notice in the morning, one of my coworkers turned in his notice last week and was let go the next day. He was going to PFG, we actually went and interviewed with them at the same time. He was trouble though, our supervisor hated him and wanted him gone. He was going to take over my overnight run, and told my boss he was going to quit but would stay if he would let him have it. He called me in the office the next day and begged me to stay on that route, lol. Then a few days later he turned in his notice.

Thanks again for all the support and encouragement everyone, I will be posting updates after I get started, probably in the general food service forum, maybe we can get a PDC forum one day :) I'll post pics of my truck too as soon as I'm assigned one!

Thanks GT, the name of the company is Pate Dawson Company or PDC. Like I said they are small, based in North Carolina. They opened the Atlanta location about 5 years ago to service the growing Bojangles franchise, that is the only account they have in Atlanta at this point. The cool thing is I know most of the Bojangles in the Atlanta area, I deliver chicken to them now.

I'm a little nervous about giving my notice in the morning, one of my coworkers turned in his notice last week and was let go the next day. He was going to PFG, we actually went and interviewed with them at the same time. He was trouble though, our supervisor hated him and wanted him gone. He was going to take over my overnight run, and told my boss he was going to quit but would stay if he would let him have it. He called me in the office the next day and begged me to stay on that route, lol. Then a few days later he turned in his notice.

Thanks again for all the support and encouragement everyone, I will be posting updates after I get started, probably in the general food service forum, maybe we can get a PDC forum one day :) I'll post pics of my truck too as soon as I'm assigned one!

CM, don't be surprised if they let you go and don't let you work out your notice, most of the time if you go to work for a competitor, the company will release you, its not personal, its just policy.