FedEx Freight | Hamlin wins pole at Richmond

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
Hamlin wins pole at Richmond
<nobr>37 min ago</nobr> | The World
... one is going to be shut out and it's going to be a little sad because all 11 really almost deserve to be in there.&quot; Denny Hamlin, seventh in the Chase standings, won the pole for tonight's race. Burton was second and was followed by four-time series ...

I like Denny, not because he drives a fedex car,, but because he races clean and never has anything bad to say,,,, just like Casey Cane... GO DODGE !!!!!!

I grew up a Petty fan,when ADAM was killed i lost some interest,when Dale SR.was killed that was pretty much the end for me Dale SR stood up for the drivers he spoke up against NASCAR,nobody does it now at least not like Dale SR. Denny Hamlin is a good clean driver,but in my opinion he's cookie cutter new stlye NASCAR corporate America not what i grew up with,i wish him well.

Dale Earnhardt,did some of the things you spoke of ,but make no mistake about it ,he was no less corporate than the drivers of today .Heck ,he(and his wife) pioneered the marketing strategies used today.His t-shirt trailer makes a bundle still,years after his death...He was a salesperson,one who knew who his market was,and knew how to appeal to them.......

365Volare said:
I like Denny, not because he drives a fedex car,, but because he races clean and never has anything bad to say,,,, just like Casey Cane... GO DODGE !!!!!!
that would be kasey kahne.

My watching the races pretty much was over in stages. First when Davey Allison died, then when Alan Kulwicki died, then when Harry Gant retired. I started again when FEDEX got a car but no driver. But now we have both and I now enjoy it again, especially since my neighbor is a die hard 24 fan.

I'm not sure if people just don't have the x-tra cash to go to races or if Nascar is losing a bit of it's popularity but, I noticed a lot of empty seats at both Dover & Pocano the year...which is unusual...

ol' man said:
My watching the races pretty much was over in stages. First when Davey Allison died, then when Alan Kulwicki died, then when Harry Gant retired. I started again when FEDEX got a car but no driver. But now we have both and I now enjoy it again, especially since my neighbor is a die hard 24 fan.

Ah,, somebody from my era... One year at the Tx race we were walking through the trailers, and I saw this guy sitting in a trailer with nobody in line... I thought a second, and told her &quot;I know that guy !&quot; Walked up and it was Harry Gant ! Got his autograph, talked, he was Real nice !!

There was a time that I would never miss a race, Now I glance at the results to see who won. These days I'd rather go to a local track and see door to door racing with a last lap pass off turn 4 to a win. The first race I ever watched on TV was the 79' Daytona 500 with Cale yarborough and Donnie Allison battling both on the track and then in the infield, I was hooked. I was an avid NASCAR fan up until a year or two ago, Nowadays the edge of your seat stuff is just too rare in the cup. On top of that the interviews are lame, heck, If someone cuts you off on the big road you get all hot and call em' a few names, why can't these guys get fired up when someone puts em' in the wall. Nope, that will be a $50,000 fine for you Mr. Race Car Driver because you said a bad word. Now I'm all for setting a good example for the kids, but for God's sake show them how to vent when they get mad so they don't have nervous breakdowns as adults. Thats all....see I feel so much better now.