Central Transport | hand books

com-on

TB Lurker
Credits
West coast rec. New company handbooks today now they can point a finger and fire they guys not doing there jobs!

i don't think so, they're privlidged. i think they say they're an AT WILL company in the handbook more than scarface said the F word.

Which very few states are not anymore, they can fire you for not liking your haircut, since that is not listed on the Federal Discrimination list, it is legal (although your state law may differ)

That did make that very clear at will work stance! Most of it was commen sence stuff. Nothing about vacation or payscale just work rules.

I have read the first 30 pages. Not even half way through! At will means I thought, that they can just walk up to you and say that your services here are no longer desired or requested, so clean out your truck, you are done.

The company always acts "disgruntled" if their employees don't give a 1-2 week notice. Has Vitran afforded the same to those who have been dismissed or where S.C. has been closed/moved?

every company I have worked for has been "at will" unless it was the occasional weak union company (I mean that particular local had such a weak contract that it was useless)

It really doesn't get into any of the benefits of working here. Talks about license requirements, how to properly hook/drop equiptment, handle shipments,load/unload,ect. 88 pages long and I haven't got through half of it. Since you sign for your copy, and something happens with your equiptment, they can now point out the reason you have decided to explore other opportunities of employment. The benefit handbook is supposedly due out in March or April. Was told that the pay difference between P-JAX and VITRAN legacy drivers will be addressed.

It really doesn't get into any of the benefits of working here. Talks about license requirements, how to properly hook/drop equiptment, handle shipments,load/unload,ect. 88 pages long and I haven't got through half of it. Since you sign for your copy, and something happens with your equiptment, they can now point out the reason you have decided to explore other opportunities of employment. The benefit handbook is supposedly due out in March or April. Was told that the pay difference between P-JAX and VITRAN legacy drivers will be addressed.
hopefully hourly rate and the alignment of former pjax drivers to only hold one week pay back, instead of two.