Central Transport | hand books

Gents, two awsome posts for certain.So downin a 30 pack. They don't sell nothing in the 3 0 size cept the cheap stuff. So you are drinkin either Natty Light, Keystone/Keystone Light( stones) PBR/PBR Light, Milwaukee's Best(aka the Beast), Old Milkwaukee, Hamm's, Old Style ( which I love). Suppose I missed a few.

Heck, I spray my lawn for weeds with that stuff.

The Ole Lady let me break out the Crown tonight.....I'm high tone tonight....As long as I don't start shooting my mouth off...I might get lucky too. Just a couple of shots and she will snatch the bottle out of my hands and say enough. She's drinking wine.....Disgusting.

The Ole Lady let me break out the Crown tonight.....I'm high tone tonight....As long as I don't start shooting my mouth off...I might get lucky too. Just a couple of shots and she will snatch the bottle out of my hands and say enough. She's drinking wine.....Disgusting.

More than a couple shots and you're gonna get "WH!$KEY D!CK" and the Ole Lady will love you long time.

Good luck with the Crown. Now for the important stuff. We at Vitran in 2003 got a handbook and signed for it. Then in 2004 there were so add ons and some fine tuning due to taking pto and fmla. We lived by the rules until the PJAX merger. We had no bidding, seniority was thrown out the window,fmla was not recognized. I made many of comments about all the above when it affected me or one if the Vitran guys." That is not in the rule book or why or what are you doing our book says" were comments. The hot line was on fire at my terminal. We did not work like this. The place was run PJAX style. All of my supervisors ,tm, dispatcher , were PJAX and they told us "This is the way we work and if you dont like it leave" Thank god most of these idiots are gone now. The rule book will be an asset if used properly. There was an AT WILL the day you were hired so lets not get shocked by this. Come to work do your job, take the paycheck and go home. I am glad the book is finally out. Now for one more answer. some one asked what Vitran ment. The original company was VITAL TRANSPORTATION. I am still shocked Lisa does all the talking for her husband, kinda second handed. He would know more about his job. Sometimes the story gets thin in interpreting the facts.

Did anyone read PG. 50 about radar detectors? Radar detectors are not permitted in company equipment OR in your possession on company property at any time. Are they trying to say I can't have one in my personal vehicle parked in their parking lot or I will be fired? What a crock of s***.

Did anyone read PG. 50 about radar detectors? Radar detectors are not permitted in company equipment OR in your possession on company property at any time. Are they trying to say I can't have one in my personal vehicle parked in their parking lot or I will be fired? What a crock of s***.
On the same level as a firearm. Unbelieveable !!!

and here they cannot prevent the weapons if you have a concealed carry permit. employer can force you to leave them in your car, but cannot bar you from bringing on property, and who would want to anyway, not the way to unwind after a stressful day!! (i have the concealed weapons permit allowing me to carry pistols, knives longer than 6 inches, or a taser gun. i only got the permit to exercise my rights, but have never used it, never had a reason too)

and here they cannot prevent the weapons if you have a concealed carry permit. employer can force you to leave them in your car, but cannot bar you from bringing on property, and who would want to anyway, not the way to unwind after a stressful day!! (i have the concealed weapons permit allowing me to carry pistols, knives longer than 6 inches, or a taser gun. i only got the permit to exercise my rights, but have never used it, never had a reason too)
The memo they posted said you are not allowed to bring firearm's on company property.

I will not, and do not advocate it, but, the company can be fined for posting a rule in contradiction to my state law which says i can and they cannot prohibit me from doing it. This is only available to permit holders.

I will not, and do not advocate it, but, the company can be fined for posting a rule in contradiction to my state law which says i can and they cannot prohibit me from doing it. This is only available to permit holders.
I do not advocate it either...During the concealed weapon training course, students are taught they may carry their weapon into any establishment as long as there is not a properly worded sign...."30.06"...Texas penal code "30.06.......They won't be breaking Texas law...But the employer is within their rights to terminate the employee's "at will" relationship and fire them. However a new Texas Law allows you to bring them on company property as long as they remained in a locked car in the company parking lot.....Better take this subject to Washington DC and the Holy Land Bro...Or just drop it all together.

Not here, it would actually be a crime to terminate someone here over this if they have the permit, it is in our law they can be fined big time and the one firing you can be charged with a crime for breaking your state given rights. I have not heard of that happening yet, and i will not be the first one. My guns are home in a 1300lb safe opened only for hunting outings (the only one behind my bedroom door is for a different kind of hunting within my castle, don't test me). AGAIN, i DO NOT advocate doing no matter what the company says, i stress that statement so no one things i am a crazed lunatic going on a rampage or hiding guns under the seat in my pickup!! i am just quoting what the law specifies due to finding other things Vitran advocated which are in violation of my state or the fed laws. I can also carry within the 1000 foot school prohibited zone, provided i am there to pick up or drop off my blood related kids (but not allowed to enter school grounds with vehicle or exit my vehicle even on public street) cannot enter any business that has a no weapons sign posted, cannot enter any business who is in business of retail sale for consumption on premises of alcohol (bar is a no no, wal mart ok since you do not drink there,,,, or at least i hope you don't) any government establishment (city hall, court, police station, post office, va and dmv offices are all covered under fed jurisdiction (fed felony,,,,ouch) but anyway, like i said, i have the training and the permit, it is tucked away in my lock box, but never used.

This is why i am in love with Lisa! She thinks for us!!!
Good luck with the Crown. Now for the important stuff. We at Vitran in 2003 got a handbook and signed for it. Then in 2004 there were so add ons and some fine tuning due to taking pto and fmla. We lived by the rules until the PJAX merger. We had no bidding, seniority was thrown out the window,fmla was not recognized. I made many of comments about all the above when it affected me or one if the Vitran guys." That is not in the rule book or why or what are you doing our book says" were comments. The hot line was on fire at my terminal. We did not work like this. The place was run PJAX style. All of my supervisors ,tm, dispatcher , were PJAX and they told us "This is the way we work and if you dont like it leave" Thank god most of these idiots are gone now. The rule book will be an asset if used properly. There was an AT WILL the day you were hired so lets not get shocked by this. Come to work do your job, take the paycheck and go home. I am glad the book is finally out. Now for one more answer. some one asked what Vitran ment. The original company was VITAL TRANSPORTATION. I am still shocked Lisa does all the talking for her husband, kinda second handed. He would know more about his job. Sometimes the story gets thin in interpreting the facts.

This is why i am in love with Lisa! She thinks for us!!!

No, I speak for myself as well as what I have been told by my husband. He has no interest in coming on here, and if he did he would be quite likely to say something he shouldn't (besides, he typically sleeps when he's home during the day then works at night, and doesn't do much else - when he gets online it's usually to put in job apps). I came on here primarily for information. He and I both believe this company is on a one-way road out of business, and I'm staying on the board to keep abreast of all the developments and changes. This thread in particular interested me since he was just complaining a couple of weeks ago about not having one. Other companies actually put theirs online - and Vitran can't even put out a hard copy in a timely manner? He's been with them two years now! That's ridiculous.

As for knowing more about his job, well he pretty much tells me everything anyway, plus I used to work in the industry myself so I'm a bit more familiar with the ins and outs than other spouses would be. If my being here is a problem for y'all, that's fine, I can go back to lurking without trying to contribute to the conversations or ask questions. Just let me know.

Not here, it would actually be a crime to terminate someone here over this if they have the permit, it is in our law they can be fined big time and the one firing you can be charged with a crime for breaking your state given rights. I have not heard of that happening yet, and i will not be the first one. My guns are home in a 1300lb safe opened only for hunting outings (the only one behind my bedroom door is for a different kind of hunting within my castle, don't test me). AGAIN, i DO NOT advocate doing no matter what the company says, i stress that statement so no one things i am a crazed lunatic going on a rampage or hiding guns under the seat in my pickup!! i am just quoting what the law specifies due to finding other things Vitran advocated which are in violation of my state or the fed laws. I can also carry within the 1000 foot school prohibited zone, provided i am there to pick up or drop off my blood related kids (but not allowed to enter school grounds with vehicle or exit my vehicle even on public street) cannot enter any business that has a no weapons sign posted, cannot enter any business who is in business of retail sale for consumption on premises of alcohol (bar is a no no, wal mart ok since you do not drink there,,,, or at least i hope you don't) any government establishment (city hall, court, police station, post office, va and dmv offices are all covered under fed jurisdiction (fed felony,,,,ouch) but anyway, like i said, i have the training and the permit, it is tucked away in my lock box, but never used.

Wow how big are the mice in your neck of the woods?

No, I speak for myself as well as what I have been told by my husband. He has no interest in coming on here, and if he did he would be quite likely to say something he shouldn't (besides, he typically sleeps when he's home during the day then works at night, and doesn't do much else - when he gets online it's usually to put in job apps). I came on here primarily for information. He and I both believe this company is on a one-way road out of business, and I'm staying on the board to keep abreast of all the developments and changes. This thread in particular interested me since he was just complaining a couple of weeks ago about not having one. Other companies actually put theirs online - and Vitran can't even put out a hard copy in a timely manner? He's been with them two years now! That's ridiculous.

As for knowing more about his job, well he pretty much tells me everything anyway, plus I used to work in the industry myself so I'm a bit more familiar with the ins and outs than other spouses would be. If my being here is a problem for y'all, that's fine, I can go back to lurking without trying to contribute to the conversations or ask questions. Just let me know.
Your good girl...We are always looking for a different perspective.