ODFL | Handheld

uprrmn

TB Lurker
Credits
Today my handheld would pop up with a yellow screen and tell me I needed to take a 15 minute break. It also told me to take lunch within 5 hours. I got 3 total notification (30 minute break) the 3rd one read I could take a 30 minute break after working 10 hours. So how many lunches/breaks do we get now ?

gJEtylv.jpg

we were told the lunch before 5 hours is a california rule but i don't see them fixing it. would think a quick patch would be easy

Today my handheld would pop up with a yellow screen and tell me I needed to take a 15 minute break. It also told me to take lunch within 5 hours. I got 3 total notification (30 minute break) the 3rd one read I could take a 30 minute break after working 10 hours. So how many lunches/breaks do we get now ?
This may answer your question. Read very carefully and it does not just apply to Ca.
6Aaq26P.jpg

Our's started a couple weeks ago.What a freak'n joke.Who can take a lunch break within 5 hour's.:lmao:I'm lucky to get mine within 8.This all something legal .You got'a punch on OK.So that tell OD that you were aware of it.So when something happen's now you can't make the excuse of OD making us work..:lmao:& you didn't get your break's..

Our's started a couple weeks ago.What a freak'n joke.Who can take a lunch break within 5 hour's.:lmao:I'm lucky to get mine within 8.This all something legal .You got'a punch on OK.So that tell OD that you were aware of it.So when something happen's now you can't make the excuse of OD making us work..:lmao:& you didn't get your break's..
Thought maybe this is why they put the rest/lunch break in.
No longer P&D, used to work right through without taking a lunch. By doing this they are telling you to take your break. Which removes them from (maybe) paying you for not taking your break.
This NEW rule from Congress is going to shake-up a lot of Companies (both Local and OTR).
Just think of OTR Drivers that wait at places not being paid (wheels not turning, no earning). Now if waiting, inspecting, fueling, or doing any business does that mean they are going to pay?

Ours has been in affect for a couple weeks. We were told by our TM We MUST TAKE 30 mins. before 6 and 8 hrs. Had sign sheet that we understand what this means.(we will be wrote up per our new safety manager). Now when I log out it "punches me out" for lunch no longer automatically takes out 30 min. One day lost track and was out 36 mins. Checked employee portal every night and took 36 mins. out, not complaining bc I was on break 36 mins. Just wanted people be aware of this. First week was taking automatically 30 mins plus time punch out on handheld. (1hour total) It's been fixed.

"You don't have time for a break, they close in 20 min. Just put yourself on break when you hit their dock, should be done by the time you're loaded and the paperwork is signed and then you can make the next close time."

This is by design....manager says if the dispatchers aren't squirming and sweating trying to figure out how to get it covered, the IB used too many drivers.

We get these same messages on are scanners at saia...we are being forced to stop and take a lunch..if u dont its a write up

We don't have these at XPO. I wonder if our new software(if we get new software) will be on the new handhelds we're suppose to get.. If we still get them.

Does anybody know yet if we dont take a lunch will we be paid for it? Our tm seems to think we will but friday I checked I was charged 30 min.

Does anybody know yet if we dont take a lunch will we be paid for it? Our tm seems to think we will but friday I checked I was charged 30 min.

They are gonna take it whether you use it or not. My dispatcher basically explained to me that "lunch is in your control now" if you take 30 min they will deduct 30 min, take an hour, they deduct an hour. We have a note posted up on our time clock that said "there's no exception on not taking a lunch", but then it goes on to say The only time they will deduct 30 min is if you don't take a lunch... So either way they are getting it.

I am waiting for the managers to say "you will take your lunch at X numbers of hours after clock in" instead of "you need to take your lunch before 8 hours"

They will alway's deduct 30 min's if you take or not.Nothing changing in NC.Not sure on other's
I've heard they will no longer be taking the 30 min unless you punch out in the handheld. Did you guys receive the paper explaining it? If not I can post it. Still very confusing. Also it's not suppose to take effect until November 27th maybe not sure exact date but I believe after thanksgiving.