Central Transport | Handhelds

Hammerhead440

TB Lurker
Credits
Who else thinks it's BS that they are making us take home our Handhelds? I know I am ! We should all start sending bills to the accounts payable dept. billing Central 50 bucks a day for storage of these units. We are only responsible for them while clocked in. It's company property and they are using us as escape goats incase something happens to them. So what if your terminal was broken into and the handhelds were stolen. That's what insurance is for. Company property stolen off company property is covered by insurance. Company property stolen from my house is NOT covered. If they are going to make us take these home than we should be able to drive our trucks home to. Trucks are assigned to us just like the handhelds. Hmmmm........ It's our legal right that we can charge them for storage or they can keep us clocked in for the time it is in our possession OR they can just keep them locked up on COMPANY PROPERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who else thinks it's BS that they are making us take home our Handhelds? I know I am ! We should all start sending bills to the accounts payable dept. billing Central 50 bucks a day for storage of these units. We are only responsible for them while clocked in. It's company property and they are using us as escape goats incase something happens to them. So what if your terminal was broken into and the handhelds were stolen. That's what insurance is for. Company property stolen off company property is covered by insurance. Company property stolen from my house is NOT covered. If they are going to make us take these home than we should be able to drive our trucks home to. Trucks are assigned to us just like the handhelds. Hmmmm........ It's our legal right that we can charge them for storage or they can keep us clocked in for the time it is in our possession OR they can just keep them locked up on COMPANY PROPERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is just one more example of why Central Transport is the worst LTL company in the business.

frankly with some of the people that I saw working for them (not all of them were questionable) I wouldn't have wanted mine left there overnight at least if it was in my possession I knew where it was and it was safe.

Are you sure you want your neighbors knowing where you work if you take a truck home!? Lol

That's why my truck says Vitran and my trailer says Milan. I'm from the old Milan company. Been here 10 years. But now I'm looking for my door out.

That's why my truck says Vitran and my trailer says Milan. I'm from the old Milan company. Been here 10 years. But now I'm looking for my door out.

Bet your wishing (like a lot of us) that you had never even heard of Vitran let alone been bought out by them, I was former PJAX and threw 13+ years of my life down the drain, since I didn't want to start out at the bottom in LTL again. It still turns my stomach seeing vitran tractors pulling yellow trailers or vice-versa

i've dropped a deuce a couple times in the trailer but discarded it, we had a perpetrator who left their calling card in the empty trailers in the yard.

if you didn't have to take your hand held home then ??????? you wouldn't be able to log on at your start time because you would have to walk to the term from your parking location to log in then you would be crying about having to walk to term to log in, hammer this!!!!!! just crying to cry.....

if you didn't have to take your hand held home then ??????? you wouldn't be able to log on at your start time because you would have to walk to the term from your parking location to log in then you would be crying about having to walk to term to log in, hammer this!!!!!! just crying to cry.....
That is the only upside....In Dallas you clocked in when you hit the parking lot....That's around 15 minutes in your favor.

How do you run a good trucking company on just technology? Answer (central transport) Maybe when computers can totally drive a truck. C.T. its not a place to retire from. ....... JUST A PAYCHECK... How many times I hear that one...SO ROBOTS DRIVE THOSE TRUCKS...:TR10driving03::TR10driving03: