TForce | Happiness At UPSF

Hate is a really strong word, Maybe dislike would be a better choice. Hold on don't go anywhere just yet. With the arrival of the Big Brown Machine will come lots O' oppurtunities. Be sure and get in line early to take full advantage of these. Peace Out:1036316054:

The only stronger feeling than hate is love and I don't see anyone confessing there love? Hate can be a strong driving force. Just don't let it consume you. I'll save the love for my family.

I haven't received any paper work from UPS since I applied for my retirement around the first of this year.

I've been burning up my vacation days.
I've gone through all of my discretionary days.
Now I'm taking my 4 weeks a day here and there.

I knew they wanted at least a 90 day notice,and they don't pay for any unused vacation time.
You take the days you have coming while your working for them,or kiss them bye,bye.

So When I was off one day last week.
I called a few company phone numbers and finally got to the right one.
I was informed that my last day will be MARCH 31st.

Just 44 more days to go.

My wife insisted I go and sign up for Social security which was a big mistake.
They said I can't make over $13,500.00 per year working part time.
I am going to be very close to that with the money I've made with UPS these 3 months.
I will have to wait till 2009 to work any place for a pay check.

But my wife told me not to worry about just sitting around.
she says I'll be getting out of trucking,and becoming a honey do.
Oh my Maybe I'm making a really big mistake hanging it up now?

Good for you on the rertirement....Go enjoy your pens and pencils....Don't forget to use paper though....

Saying love to a gal is ok.
If your a church member its excepted between brothers,and sisters in the Lord.
But to have one guy say it to another guy out side of your natural family,or the church.
Your concidered a pervert,this world is really messed up.

But to have one guy say it to another guy out side of your natural family,or the church.

Lighten up Apo its all in good clean fun:1036316054:

Apo It's all good in the world, promise. I think we ought to negotiate a group hug every morning right after your daily pcm. Reason you ask? It will calm us all down. How can you be angry at someone you just hugged? Besides a happy, calm driver is a safer more productive driver. Apo you have never told a friend that you loved them? As long as your secure there should be no issue. Peace Out:smilie_132:

A group hug, lets do what wal-mart does, every morning all the employees get in a circle and stomp there feet clap, and chant "WAL-MART"

Yeah they also do the Sams cheer at Sams clubs.

It really took me back the first time I delivered to one of those wholesale clubs.
They are lead by one person,as the group repetes every letter shouting it out.
Then shouts out Sams club at the end.

I guess this gets the workers motovated to deal with all of their customers.

I think its kind of silly myself.

Yeah they also do the Sams cheer at Sams clubs.

It really took me back the first time I delivered to one of those wholesale clubs.
They are lead by one person,as the group repetes every letter shouting it out.
Then shouts out Sams club at the end.

I guess this gets the workers motovated to deal with all of their customers.

I think its kind of silly myself.

Maybe we can do a "what can brown do for you cheer".

And we love you .(in the red headed step child kinda way):hysterical:

thanx I needed the boost to my self esteem.
having translucent skin and orange hair isnt bad enough. :Bondage: im gonna go make my wrists smooth with an electric razor.

Evidentally most of us aren't the only ones EXTREMELY unhappy with the current operating practices of the company. I'vemade this statement for awhile now and a previous terminal manager of ours (who is still employed with the company) agrees with me: it's our feeling that UPS directed all managers to make our lives a living hell. That was the only way they could guarantee unionization. thay had to step on everyone everywhere to achieve this goal. Why they want us union is still up to speculation but it seems very apparent that this was their goal!!!! And if so, JOB WELL DONE !!!!!!:1036316054:

First, in the intrests of full disclosure, I'm a Roadway p&d driver in New York City.

That said, here are some alternative explainations for why management is acting stupid:

(1) UPS may have told them, even with a union contract, that managment still has its prerogatives and that it might be a good idea to begin asserting those rights to command and run the company. Now if you give some guys the suggestion of an inch, they will take an actual mile. So you might have witnessed some managers misinterpreting and going overboard.

(2) If these managers are old Overnite managers they may be venting.

(3) Someone may have told them that their bonuses will suffer. (More Venting)

(4) Here's one that probably gives more credit than is due. They might have resoned that more compensation and benefits to the employees means more for them.

Anyway, just some food for thought.