TForce | Happiness At UPSF

I think the reason is becuase people come here and tell people that they are gonna gain and lose nothing, that is not true.

I think the reason is becuase people come here and tell people that they are gonna gain and lose nothing, that is not true.

So we all know you and a few others will not gain in all aspects of working under a contract. What about the opportunity cost? Maybe giving up your $7.00 insurance will pay dividends in the future????

So we all know you and a few others will not gain in all aspects of working under a contract. What about the opportunity cost? Maybe giving up your $7.00 insurance will pay dividends in the future????

$7.00 per week for medical Ins. What the heck does that get him for Ins. And why the hell am I paying $80.00 per week plus co-pays, plus the extra money every time the Ins. company says the charges are above the negotiated charges?

Thanks for the welcome guy`s.As a road driver that looks back at all the missed birthdays,anniversaries,soccer games,recitle.....the list goes on.Let me make this as clear as I can,if the rddr must sacrifice the only bennie we had then no but h@ll no..I worked too d@mn hard for those few dollars..You local drivers have a gripe about overtime,I wholeheartedly agree...but you think you are going to get it...right...sure you will get some occasiully..Overnite did it, you think UPSF wont..please...most will be lucky to get 40 hrs...They will bring you back in early or make you start late..that writing is/has been on the wall for quite some time...I find it so hilarious this grievance issue...I`ve been here 21 yrs and if I had a issue it was handled sometimes to my liking sometimes not...but do I think it was fair,got to say it was.If you got canned here it was your own d@mn fault not the evil mangt out to get you..please I read some of these posts and think a snotty-nosed young`n wrote them...I`m a grown man if I have a problem I talk to the man that can solve it...and I am d@mn proud to say Overnite was my home and yes family..Some days where better than others;was I happy..no doubt..
I have the utmost respect for the teamsters,there is no doubt their achievements has touched us all...but before you try and label me a free-loader or whatever....well lets just not go there..I don`t run under fire/and yes I was in Memphis during the bs,Farmidale,SOH,Dallas,I fear no man...I`ll respect your veiws...and you WILL do the same for mine.....I asked for the WHITE-PAPER,Contract so I can see it for myself..and make up my own mine...I will not make such a important decision on driver talk...I am so amazed at those that don`t have a clue what their pension and benefit package will be,but yet are willing to sign a card for the unknown....show me the paper...Overnite is gone,today we are UPSF..maybe a new member of the IBT...time will tell..renegade@GBO/rddr

Thanks for the welcome guy`s.As a road driver that looks back at all the missed birthdays,anniversaries,soccer games,recitle.....the list goes on.Let me make this as clear as I can,if the rddr must sacrifice the only bennie we had then no but h@ll no..I worked too d@mn hard for those few dollars..You local drivers have a gripe about overtime,I wholeheartedly agree...but you think you are going to get it...right...sure you will get some occasiully..Overnite did it, you think UPSF wont..please...most will be lucky to get 40 hrs...They will bring you back in early or make you start late..that writing is/has been on the wall for quite some time...I find it so hilarious this grievance issue...I`ve been here 21 yrs and if I had a issue it was handled sometimes to my liking sometimes not...but do I think it was fair,got to say it was.If you got canned here it was your own d@mn fault not the evil mangt out to get you..please I read some of these posts and think a snotty-nosed young`n wrote them...I`m a grown man if I have a problem I talk to the man that can solve it...and I am d@mn proud to say Overnite was my home and yes family..Some days where better than others;was I happy..no doubt..
I have the utmost respect for the teamsters,there is no doubt their achievements has touched us all...but before you try and label me a free-loader or whatever....well lets just not go there..I don`t run under fire/and yes I was in Memphis during the bs,Farmidale,SOH,Dallas,I fear no man...I`ll respect your veiws...and you WILL do the same for mine.....I asked for the WHITE-PAPER,Contract so I can see it for myself..and make up my own mine...I will not make such a important decision on driver talk...I am so amazed at those that don`t have a clue what their pension and benefit package will be,but yet are willing to sign a card for the unknown....show me the paper...Overnite is gone,today we are UPSF..maybe a new member of the IBT...time will tell..renegade@GBO/rddr

You must get Informed before you post . You cannot see any type of Teamster contract until you have signed a card. Its the law. Your pension will remain the same as it is now since UPS took control of it. Not all terminals are warm and fuzzy like yours. By the way, I have been with the company 25 years. And yes, I read all 75 pages of the contract. You know how? I signed a card.

I still have to laugh to myself when I hear a lot of crud being spread by some people on here!:hysterical: When I 1st came on the boards I wasn't anti nor pro union. I was pro good contract and anti Indy. You all called me a :butt kiss: and whatnot but what I never mentioned is that while we were Overnite I sat our picket line for 1 YEAR!!! How many of you can claim the same??? I've always said it's whoever treats you the best and offers you a somewhat brighter future. With the direction we're heading it seems the union is the most logical choice. My point is that whether someone is currently for or against the union/company why fight about it? the numbers are there.....the company IS GOING TO BE UNION. IT'S A FACT!!!! now all we can do is try to help guide the contract as best we can. Why does everyone keep figting over whether it's a good or bad thing to unionize?? That ship has already sailed and it's time to move on.

OKAY, I'll shut up, I know when I have been beaten.

Well first of all, labeling you and or BMF, would be a hippocritical thing to do, for the simple fact that 4 years ago I felt the same as you. You are right, I would not even argue that, there is nothing to argue.

I have the same reponse to BMF TRUCKER, If I have offended anyone in the process I apoligize, from time to time it gets a little frustrating to be giving it our all ,and still be beaten up by the brown horse. And for the past 4 years this has been happening. Truelly pitifull at best.:smilie_132:

OVERNITE, Whats this OVERNITE you speak of GRASSHOPPER ,:hysterical:

all of us old-timers might want to keep in mind that we all started our new jobs at UPS Freight on the same day, not to long ago.

$7.00 per week for medical Ins. What the heck does that get him for Ins. And why the hell am I paying $80.00 per week plus co-pays, plus the extra money every time the Ins. company says the charges are above the negotiated charges?

He is talking about me, I pay $7.06 for ins That is not the cheapest plan either it is the same ins. you or anyone else has.

The cost of insurance is different in each state.

all of us old-timers might want to keep in mind that we all started our new jobs at UPS Freight on the same day, not to long ago.

If that's the case I want to rebid.....my truck sucks!!!!!!!!!:hysterical: Actually, I agree. This is a whole new company with a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT way of operating. As we've seen by the percentage of signed cards.......... most aren't too fond of the "NEW WAY".

I don't think we have seen the "new way" yet.

Just the wrapper of it, the sour candy is still a suprise waiting inside.

U guys (overnite and motor cargo) very fortunate that u guys got saved by GIANT UPS because both of the companys were lousy. U know here in California the two companys were just like regular JOES, since the got bout out or merged (so called) they act like their #%*@ dont stink, how do u feel bout that?

You must get Informed before you post . You cannot see any type of Teamster contract until you have signed a card. Its the law. Your pension will remain the same as it is now since UPS took control of it. Not all terminals are warm and fuzzy like yours. By the way, I have been with the company 25 years. And yes, I read all 75 pages of the contract. You know how? I signed a card.
..BusterNite I read the contract last night for myself,still not at all crazy with it but will probably go with the masses..as far as the warm and fuzzy part,sounds like sour grapes...may I ask which terminal is so bad...I haven`t had your experence...actually I can say I have had a very positive experence with the terminals I`ve had the pleasure to visit...and thats most of them east of the Miss....and and good few to the west..but you never know a mans troubles till you walk in his shoes...guess I just live a blessed life....

..BusterNite I read the contract last night for myself,still not at all crazy with it but will probably go with the masses..as far as the warm and fuzzy part,sounds like sour grapes...may I ask which terminal is so bad...I haven`t had your experence...actually I can say I have had a very positive experence with the terminals I`ve had the pleasure to visit...and thats most of them east of the Miss....and and good few to the west..but you never know a mans troubles till you walk in his shoes...guess I just live a blessed life....

Come up to the North East for a little while. This is where your seniority means nothing. Imagine being #1 man and being taken off your run and given a lower paid run while junior drivers do your run. It was a matter of convenience. Imagine being told to stay home because there is no freight because city drivers did your job during the day. Imagine sitting at a terminal every other night for 2-4 hours with out pay because your scheduled freight went down the road already with an extra board. Ect. Ect. Welcome to the North.