ABF | Happy Labor Day

GO40

TB Legend
Credits
ArcBest would like to thank our unionized workforce for all their hard work and dedication and enjoy the upcoming holiday. With that being said I would like to inform you of our most recent purchase on 9/2 of Logistics and Distribution Services LLC out of Sparks Nevada for 25 million....

ArcBest would like to thank our unionized workforce for all their hard work and dedication and enjoy the upcoming holiday. With that being said I would like to inform you of our most recent purchase on 9/2 of Logistics and Distribution Services LLC out of Sparks Nevada for 25 million....
And happy Labor Day Weekend to you, my friend. And to all others as well. :guiness:

Pay not attention to those purchases behind the curtain, they are there to help you.

And, Happy and respectful Labor day to all working people.

Labor Day wasn't created so that we could get a good deal on a mattress......

And......as ARCBEST keeps purchasing non-Union trucking companies to buttress up the shareholders portfolio........in violation of the contract which specifically States they should not do so..........we should all be thinking of the INACTION of our so-called......."leadership,"........who are more interested in their own stock portfolios than they are our pensions and jobs.......in the upcoming general election.

After watching the "Hoffa - Zuckerman" debates on C-SPAN........in which Hoffa refused to show up ,......and where Ken Hall took Hoffa's place, and proved himself as oily as a barrel of eels........one can only wonder about the state of Labor in this country.........

.we should all be thinking of the INACTION of our so-called......."leadership,"........who are more interested in their own stock portfolios than they are our pensions and jobs.......in the upcoming general election.
The Teamsters suck anymore, a disgrace to organized labor. A change at the top would be necessary to salvage our industry but I am not optimistic that it will happen, I predict more of the same by a landslide.

I will respectfully....(hopefully).....disagree.........based on the Election Petition where the Zuckerman slate got 3 times the amount they needed to be certified as candidates.......There's a quiet, angry groundswell back in the background.........
I'm in your corner, just not optimistic. And if it happens I will share Hoffa's direct fax line so we can all send him adios messages.

The Teamsters suck anymore, a disgrace to organized labor. A change at the top would be necessary to salvage our industry but I am not optimistic that it will happen, I predict more of the same by a landslide.

In 2008 when Yellow and Roadway were forced to come together in 3 months( a move that was designed to take 3 years to be done smoothly), and the Union leaders told us do it or go out of business for the first time. Ever since then there has been no union negotiating, just here is a " so called" contract, vote yes or else. The union has not offered a contract worth anything since then. The only union people making money are the ones at the top, who are stealing all of the money the hard working teamster employees have worked for. They come to the table with contracts made up by YRC and ABF with no input by teamster reps., and they say vote yes or else. In reality the union is gone. When non-union companies have better pay scales than the union companies you have lost your leverage.

In 2008 when Yellow and Roadway were forced to come together in 3 months( a move that was designed to take 3 years to be done smoothly), and the Union leaders told us do it or go out of business for the first time. Ever since then there has been no union negotiating, just here is a " so called" contract, vote yes or else. The union has not offered a contract worth anything since then. The only union people making money are the ones at the top, who are stealing all of the money the hard working teamster employees have worked for. They come to the table with contracts made up by YRC and ABF with no input by teamster reps., and they say vote yes or else. In reality the union is gone. When non-union companies have better pay scales than the union companies you have lost your leverage.
With all the stuff abf bought after the contract was signed they better be prepared to give something back to the people that made it happen in 2018. I'm sure their will be a list of everything purchased on here before the next contract is voted on, and if there is no next contract that will be fine to. If the goal is to put freight out of business do it sooner than later so people can move on with their lives....