ABF | Harrisburg June 20, 2017, 1 P.M.: Right-To-Work Is Wrong Rally

You just proved my point, if the contract sucks, why are you advocating paying for it?

You proved nothing. You dont just quit paying because you dont like your leaders. I wouldnt of paid taxes for decades if I thought that way and guess where I wouold be today. You fight and try getting those leaders removed but when the majority dont believe as you, you get screwed. They keep getting screwed then wonder why. Whats the definition of insanity. Doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. All those leaders would of been gone decades ago if I would of had my way. So why shouldnt the members have mandatory dues that the majority voted for? I had to grin and bear it when I wasvoted against and forced to accept it so why shouldnt they. Do you think they are special and deserve special privileges?

Guys like you got lucky with riding the tail end of a regulated industry, anyone under 65 is sol.

And it's hard to hang tough when the wegmans local let them out of the pension because they have a brand new non union shop in pottstown. Sort of cuts the leverage to zero.

Which means you have to fight harder and wiser but giving up isnt the answer. I'll say it again, the local isnt the only one that let Wegmans out of the pension, the members had the last say. I'll say this again too, being in a union isnt a cakewalk. It means always having to fight and hang tough. A union is no place for quitters.

Sort of cuts the leverage to zero.

No, what cuts the leverage to zero is having the majority of the membership caving in and accepting a subpar contract rather than fight and vote for a strike. How would you feel at the negotiating table knowing that the company knew that you didnt have a chance at getting a strike authorization vote passed? Thats what you call shooting leverage in the head. And if thats not enough to get you depressed, how about those same members that voted against a strike blaming you for not getting a decent contract?

Which means you have to fight harder and wiser but giving up isnt the answer. I'll say it again, the local isnt the only one that let Wegmans out of the pension, the members had the last say. I'll say this again too, being in a union isnt a cakewalk. It means always having to fight and hang tough. A union is no place for quitters.

Why do you think they gave up on the pension? You're right, it's not a cakewalk, but it's still a good job with decent benefits. And with pyle transport iirc, being the big contractor for drivers in pottstown, , along with an absence of other jobs like that in the area, the company played their upper hand.

You proved nothing. You dont just quit paying because you dont like your leaders. I wouldnt of paid taxes for decades if I thought that way and guess where I wouold be today. You fight and try getting those leaders removed but when the majority dont believe as you, you get screwed. They keep getting screwed then wonder why. Whats the definition of insanity. Doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. All those leaders would of been gone decades ago if I would of had my way. So why shouldnt the members have mandatory dues that the majority voted for? I had to grin and bear it when I wasvoted against and forced to accept it so why shouldnt they. Do you think they are special and deserve special privileges?

I proved that you think their representation sucks, and good luck changing that, guys aren't disgruntled and apathetic because things are looking up. Why do you think I think abfs contract isn't bad? Not a lot out there right now. Not anything much better. You can tell me stories about the glory days, and they are neat, but don't do anything for anyone now.

Well, are you union or not at the moment?

Speaking of steel, the steel haulers used to be a very strong part of the union, now virtually gone with a few exceptions. You can only bargain as far as your industry will let you go, that's why steel hauling is just market rate anymore.

With guys at freight barns making peanuts compared to abf, I'd say you are lucky to have enjoyed the last vestiges odmf union strength.

I proved that you think their representation sucks,

You proved nothing because I never said anything contrary to the fact that our representation sucks. Are you that desperate at trying to prove me wrong? Do you have a need to think that you have actually accomplished something here today? You keep trying to say that you have proved this and proved that when you havent proved one solitary thing. If you need to prove something that bad, just ask and I'll be more than happy to comply. Birds cant fly. prove me wrong.

Why do you think I think abfs contract isn't bad?

If you dont know why, I'm not going to waste an hour of my time explaining it to you because thats exactly what it will be, a waste of my time. Thats how many things are wrong with it. Why dont you spen some time reading it and telling me whats good about it? That will be much easier.

Not long, the market for drivers is what's driving up wages, and I dunno how the union can't capitalize on it, you would think they would have slam dunk contracts everywhere.

You proved nothing because I never said anything contrary to the fact that our representation sucks. Are you that desperate at trying to prove me wrong? Do you have a need to think that you have actually accomplished something here today? You keep trying to say that you have proved this and proved that when you havent proved one solitary thing. If you need to prove something that bad, just ask and I'll be more than happy to comply. Birds cant fly. prove me wrong.

If you dont know why, I'm not going to waste an hour of my time explaining it to you because thats exactly what it will be, a waste of my time. Thats how many things are wrong with it. Why dont you spen some time reading it and telling me whats good about it? That will be much easier.

Easy, ot after 8, good medical that's free, a pension, a decent pay rate, work rules.

If it sucks so bad, why would you want to pay for it, your arguement makes no sense.

Compared to other freight barns, and is a decent choice.

Speaking of steel, the steel haulers used to be a very strong part of the union, now virtually gone with a few exceptions. You can only bargain as far as your industry will let you go, that's why steel hauling is just market rate anymore.

With guys at freight barns making peanuts compared to abf, I'd say you are lucky to have enjoyed the last vestiges odmf union strength.

Yeah,yeah, I know and we are lucky to have a job. Never heard that one before. I guess its always better to believe what they tell instead of how it really is. Like believing youre getting rained on when youre actually getting pissed on.

Easy, ot after 8, good medical that's free, a pension, a decent pay rate, work rules.

If it sucks so bad, why would you want to pay for it, your arguement makes no sense.

Compared to other freight barns, and is a decent choice.

Why do you keep asking me the same questions and saying the same things over and over again? Do you think that youre going to get a different answer? Are you insane or senile?

Yeah,yeah, I know and we are lucky to have a job. Never heard that one before. I guess its always better to believe what they tell instead of how it really is. Like believing youre getting rained on when youre actually getting pissed on.

Go organize some barns then, feel free. I've been through that, and we won the election. Never got a contract, because these trucking companies know what they can get away with. They don't care about nlrb charges, and they know no one will strike. The union is afraid to pull a job action and look like clowns when it doesn't work. And good luck pulling a 1 man wildcat.

You are beating a dead horse with this one. The last local trucking Co I saw sign a contract didn't have a union security clause in it, because that's how weak it's become. You coming on here with your pension checks pointing fingers ain't going to help.

Why do you keep asking me the same questions and saying the same things over and over again? Do you think that youre going to get a different answer? Are you insane or senile?

You are the one that is saying their contract sucks, whose contract is good then?

You're just playing Monday morning quarterback with the issue, you honestly think it's just so simple that guys could just strike and get big pensions.

I said I was union guy, never was evasive. You are the one defending paying dues for contracts you think suck. Evasive?

No, yeah isnt evasive to a multiple choice question. Just what was I thinking? Do you know how ridiculous you sound?

Hows this for evasive, here was my reply

Its Saturday night, you must be drunk but I'll keep playing along because I'm not the one wasting one of my whole days off.