ABF | Harrisburg June 20, 2017, 1 P.M.: Right-To-Work Is Wrong Rally

RTW is an insidious program designed to de-fund Unions by using personal emotions and frustrations. Being able to be in a Union is a Constitutional right, and the companies know they can't take away our rights........ yet. But they are not averse to using a little psychology to help us defeat ourselves.

There are some very good reasons to be angry with our elected officials,....... but the idea that workers could form Unions and have a say-so in the workplace transcends angry feelings and emotions. The only revenge you get is on yourself, eventually, when Unions run put of money to operate and are no longer a viable option for working people.

There are some rotten people who get elected,........ but the bottom line is ,.... that is our responsibility. If jerks and fool's and arrogant blowhards are running your Local into the dirt, you HAVE to get more active and get rid of them. When we throw our collective hands In the air and say " there's nothing we can do"......... the companies quietly smile, and figure it's just a matter of time.........

RTW is an insidious program designed to de-fund Unions by using personal emotions and frustrations
I am emotional and frustrated.
The only revenge you get is on yourself, eventually, when Unions run put of money to operate and are no longer a viable option for working people.
A lot like when companies screw their workers until morale drops and 'company spirit' disappears and they can't turn a profit anymore.
There are some rotten people who get elected,........ but the bottom line is ,.... that is our responsibility. If jerks and fool's and arrogant blowhards are running your Local into the dirt, you HAVE to get more active and get rid of them.
Resistance is futile, it's a fight that we cannot win as demonstrated by our recent international election.

Ah........ But a mile long race is won a footstep at a time.......How's that for an aphorism? Could carve that on a plank and sell it at a flea market all day long........

I know you got a pretty raw deal by self-serving goons in your Local. Even so, you have to admit the pristine idea of Unions is a noble experiment in equality and fairness...... and the only bulwark against rampant corporate greed and economic serfdom.....

If we could somehow surgically remove the selfish and stupid genes from our elected leaders.........Unionism would be the pinnacle and paragon of moral thought in this country, based on equality and a voice for all......

Maybe instead of surgical removal, we should just physically beat the selfishness and stupidity out of them........Might not be as efficacious, but it would be waaay more fun.......

Muler, Docker, and GO40 are right you have LOST YOUR MIND ,are you sure your not management now!!!!!!!!!!!
Nope, not management but I know that are part of a loser organization when you are with the teamsters. I am capable of thinking for myself and I do not blindly follow loser organizations.

I see RTW as the best thing that can happen for the workers. The teamsters suck and they have sucked for a long time. If I could withhold their pay until such time as they quit sucking I would do it.

The politicians who represent me suck, but I don't get to quit paying taxes just because I didn't vote for them or because I think they suck.

Last edited:
I stayed where I am for the time I have in, nothing more, nothing less and I would not be afraid work non union at this point and I have friends who have done so with no regrets. At this juncture I would quit paying union dues and get the same results from any grievances as I get now, no satisfaction. I paid dues long enough and got nothing, it's time I paid nothing and got what little bit they do offer.

Your dues aren't just for representation for grievances but for the benefit package you enjoy daily. But, I'm sure you know this or you wouldn't have stayed in an organization that "sucks" as bad as the Teamsters for as long as you did.

I think the opinion of the union depends on the terminal you work out of. I can't really say much positive about the union and stewards who won the big popularity contest in Chicago. They were nice guys, but the company did whatever they wanted. Harshest work rules I've EVER worked under, and...the stewards would complain right alongside us? Uhhh...stop me if I'm mistaken, but can't you... theoretically...DO something about it?

Just a question who are the Teamsters it's not the golden palace in DC it's you me and every other person who paid their fee's and dues, so when you say what you do about the Teamsters you are running me and everybody else into the ground. I can understand that people get upset over things but what are you doing to improve them? If your not part of the solution you are the problem. I joined in 1976 been on both sides and would not trade the union side for anything else. Right to work IS WRONG FOR EVERYBODY END OF STORY., Good times bad times it is what it is pull up your big boy pants butter cup No I'm not a hoffa fan but I have enjoyed my lifestyle due to the Teamsters and the contracts I have worked under. Sure I complain about my company that's life adapt and overcome, same as we did when I was in the service

Your dues aren't just for representation for grievances but for the benefit package you enjoy daily. But, I'm sure you know this or you wouldn't have stayed in an organization that "sucks" as bad as the Teamsters for as long as you did.
My dues pay for my benefits? I missed that class maybe you could school me on it. And we have yet another one who knows what I know and what I don't know. I'll bet that you think that you can just tell people that the sky is green and they'll just believe you.

Just a question who are the Teamsters it's not the golden palace in DC it's you me and every other person who paid their fee's and dues, so when you say what you do about the Teamsters you are running me and everybody else into the ground. I can understand that people get upset over things but what are you doing to improve them? If your not part of the solution you are the problem. I joined in 1976 been on both sides and would not trade the union side for anything else. Right to work IS WRONG FOR EVERYBODY END OF STORY., Good times bad times it is what it is pull up your big boy pants butter cup No I'm not a hoffa fan but I have enjoyed my lifestyle due to the Teamsters and the contracts I have worked under. Sure I complain about my company that's life adapt and overcome, same as we did when I was in the service
In theory I agree with you but with the recent turn of events within the teamsters union this theory is an ideal rather than a matter of fact. Are you aware that the UPS workers in KY rejected their contract only to have Hoffa alter the IBT Constitution to permit them to ignore their will and just shove a piece of garbage down their throats? Are you aware that until recently Chicagoland had their own contract separate from (and better than) the NMFA? And when those indigents rejected YRC's concessionary MOU's Hoffa eliminated that and merged them in with the rest of the country? Yes, Jimmy the Great knows better what's best for us than we do. Many are not aware that those indigent Chicagoans were responsible for something like an additional $1.00/hr in wages way back when, when they rejected the offer and we all got that raise. Sure, I did well under the NMFA but that is a bygone contract from a bygone era through a bygone union. You are not going to effect changes in our 'union' by telling us that you don't like them of late. We are not going to change our 'union' by voting them out, we all saw how that went last fall. The teamsters suck and nothing less than ugly rebellion is going to fix it.

Your dues aren't just for representation for grievances but for the
In theory I agree with you but with the recent turn of events within the teamsters union this theory is an ideal rather than a matter of fact. Are you aware that the UPS workers in KY rejected their contract only to have Hoffa alter the IBT Constitution to permit them to ignore their will and just shove a piece of garbage down their throats? Are you aware that until recently Chicagoland had their own contract separate from (and better than) the NMFA? And when those indigents rejected YRC's concessionary MOU's Hoffa eliminated that and merged them in with the rest of the country? Yes, Jimmy the Great knows better what's best for us than we do. Many are not aware that those indigent Chicagoans were responsible for something like an additional $1.00/hr in wages way back when, when they rejected the offer and we all got that raise. Sure, I did well under the NMFA but that is a bygone contract from a bygone era through a bygone union. You are not going to effect changes in our 'union' by telling us that you don't like them of late. We are not going to change our 'union' by voting them out, we all saw how that went last fall. The teamsters suck and nothing less than ugly rebellion is going to fix it.
I agree! If they have a good product they don't need to force people to pay dues. You only need to force people to pay dues when your product stinks. If the IBT doesn't want to do their job then their membership will reflect it

We are not going to change our 'union' by voting them out, we all saw how that went last fall. The teamsters suck and nothing less than ugly rebellion is going to fix it.

So the Teamsters suck because your man didn't get elected last fall. The Abfers must suck because they voted for a contract that you were against. The YRCers must suck because they voted for concessions that you didn't agree with. According to you, everyone that you disagree with sucks.

According to you, everyone that you disagree with sucks.
And there we have yet another who knows that I think and don't think. You sound a lot like docker to me. What's the matter, a little slow over at schoolgirls?