ABF | Harrisburg June 20, 2017, 1 P.M.: Right-To-Work Is Wrong Rally

This was the question, How about passing a law that makes all companies unionize so we can get you started in paying mandatory dues? Would you also go for that?

So what, would you move to another country or just quit and not work at all? Or maybe go on welfare so the taxpayers would have to support you? After all, I know how you wouldnt want to be forced to join a union in that free country of yours.

How about passing a law where the company doesnt have to pay you if they feel that you didnt give them a fair days work?

Are you catching on yet?

How about you catch on to the fact that no one feels sorry for the poor union worth big bucks. If you fail your members with a crapt contract, why should they have to pay you.

How about going to work for a company that makes rolaids? Im sure they would give a good discount.

I really did try being reasonable Sac75 but some just make that an impossibility. Isnt that right buffalobill?

You can't answer my question, because you get emotional. Here, I'll make it simpler, since you arent getting it.

If you were making 15 an hour under a white paper contract, would you take a better union job? Or would you " be more determined than ever to fight it out"?

What has the union done to make you so angry? How about letting some of that pent up anger out by going to that Harrisburg rally and protest the protesters. I think that might make you feel alot better. While you are at it, have a list ready to show everyone who you think shouldnt be paying dues right now and why? I also suggest that you dont go alone because safety is job one. At least with a union member it is.

You don't think that every union member is as proud and happy as you, right? How many contracts does your old local have that don't have a retirement plan?

No , you keep ducking MY question, I've asked you twice, I guess you don't like the answers you cone up with so you won't post them?

If you were at yrc right now, and had a chance to get on with a better company, would you?

Can you answe, or are you going to sidestep the question again?

I dont dodge questions, that would be you. If I were with YRC right now, the answer would be not a chance, I believe in fighting not quitting. And no, I wouldnt of voted for any of the mou's. I would rather see the company go under than give in or leave voluntarily. Its all pay the rate or lock the gate with me.

Dont be saying that you cant answer my questions and expect me to answer yours. It makes you look foolish

What, the companies cant have a free choice if they want to pay you or not if they feel you didnt do you job like they expected you to do. Why is that mandatory? After all, you dont think that the unions should get paid if you feel they didnt do the job like you expected them to.

If a contractor rips you off for work not done, but he took your money, you can take him to small claims court, what's the difference.

You don't think that every union member is as proud and happy as you, right? How many contracts does your old local have that don't have a retirement plan?

This is your reply to my questions

What has the union done to make you so angry? How about letting some of that pent up anger out by going to that Harrisburg rally and protest the protesters. I think that might make you feel alot better. While you are at it, have a list ready to show everyone who you think shouldnt be paying dues right now and why? I also suggest that you dont go alone because safety is job one. At least with a union member it is.

But yet you expect me to answer yours. Now how about you trying to stop dodging my questions?

I dont dodge questions, that would be you. If I were with YRC right now, the answer would be not a chance, I believe in fighting not quitting. And no, I wouldnt of voted for any of the mou's. I would rather see the company go under than give in or leave voluntarily. Its all pay the rate or lock the gate with me.

Dont be saying that you cant answer my questions and expect me to answer yours. It makes you look foolish

You've ducked it 3 times, I'm proud of you, you did it!

And please explain fighting. You mean bickering, maybe a couple greivances? You try and appeal to everyone's emotions, getting people worked up, with that kind of talk. Must have been nice to ride the gravy train to retirement.

This is your reply to my questions

But yet you expect me to answer yours. Now how about you trying to stop dodging my questions?

Haven't dodged any, you can't understand the answer, possibly?

If a contractor rips you off for work not done, but he took your money, you can take him to small claims court, what's the difference.

Thats a pretty dumb question but I'll answer it anyway. He sure can take them to court but so can the union member who thinks he got ripped off. You just can say that you think the contractor ripped you off and not pay, the court has to decide. If that were the case, the contractors wouldnt be making enough to survive.

Now what did that little analogy prove except to prove my point, not yours.

You've ducked it 3 times, I'm proud of you, you did it!

And please explain fighting. You mean bickering, maybe a couple greivances? You try and appeal to everyone's emotions, getting people worked up, with that kind of talk. Must have been nice to ride the gravy train to retirement.

I see why you are so anti union now. You are jealous of my retirement. You would have one too if you believed in unions. Who's fauts that? You're even angry at me because I have a retirement. Just how sad is that?

I understand very well. You dodge questions. I'll ask again. Why are you so angry at unions?

I'm not, they grandstand over this rtw issue, and it wont hurt rank and file members, just the heiarchy that enjoys a lot of dues for not always good representation.

Do you honestly think it's just a simple issue of "rallying the troops?" Doesn't work anymore, go ask the use Baltimore drivers that got put on the street.

I see why you are so anti union now. You are jealous of my retirement. You would have one too if you believed in unions. Who's fauts that? You're even angry at me because I have a retirement. Just how sad is that?

I'm happy for you, but none of these shops are passing out pensions anymore, just ask a wegmans driver. And the union WON'T strike over it, either.

Thats a pretty dumb question but I'll answer it anyway. He sure can take them to court but so can the union member who thinks he got ripped off. You just can say that you think the contractor ripped you off and not pay, the court has to decide. If that were the case, the contractors wouldnt be making enough to survive.

Now what did that little analogy prove except to prove my point, not yours.

Any contractor that wasn't ripping people off would be fine, small claims court goes both ways. However, when a local cooks up a sweetheart contract for a bargaining unit they are using for dues, should they have to pay?

I never said Abf has a crappy contract, but you seem to have comprehension issues.

I'm saying that ABF has a crappy contract. You must have a hard time comprehending what a crappy contract is. Then again, I guess that might sound like a good contract to someone as anti union as you.

I'm saying that ABF has a crappy contract. You must have a hard time comprehending what a crappy contract is. Then again, I guess that might sound like a good contract to someone as anti union as you.

Not anti union, I just don't live in the past. Abf has a pretty decent contract, I don't see guys leaving Abf.

Any contractor that wasn't ripping people off would be fine, small claims court goes both ways. However, when a local cooks up a sweetheart contract for a bargaining unit they are using for dues, should they have to pay?

I bet that you really believe that crap you saying so I tell you what, become a contractor and tell people that if they dont like your job that they wont have to pay. Then check back with me after you become homeless and I'll buy you a meal after you clean my windshield, that if you do a good job cleaning it. I see that youre still beating that dead analogy of yours.

You are anti union and youre weak too if you believe that ABF has a pretty decent contract.

Good luck living in 1950. The competition doesn't pay double digits into pension plans, doesn't pay the entire premium for excellent health care,doesn't put up with grievances and work rules. Hell, some don't even pay ot.

It doesn't matter what guys USED to get everywhere, it matters what they get now.

Abf''s vacation sucks, but what are you going to do, abf guys are competing with companies that pay a lot less.