ABF | Harrisburg June 20, 2017, 1 P.M.: Right-To-Work Is Wrong Rally

I'm happy for you, but none of these shops are passing out pensions anymore, just ask a wegmans driver. And the union WON'T strike over it, either.

Dont try giving me that crap about how happy you are for me now after showing how jealous you were after saying about my gravy train to retirement.

Whose fault is it that the union shop for Wegmans arent passing out pensions anymore. And you mean the members wont strike, thats why.

I bet that you really believe that crap you saying so I tell you what, become a contractor and tell people that if they dont like your job that they wont have to pay. Then check back with me after you become homeless and I'll buy you a meal after you clean my windshield, that if you do a good job cleaning it. I see that youre still beating that dead analogy of yours.

So when a union fails, it's always the fault of the rank and file, and they should always have to pay dues, got it.

What about canary's post about getting threats after taking a bad deal to the nlrb? Guess he should have just been happy that his local screwed him over, huh?

Dont try giving me that crap about how happy you are for me now after showing how jealous you were after saying about my gravy train to retirement.

Whose fault is it that the union shop for Wegmans arent passing out pensions anymore. And you mean the members wont strike, thats why.

Never said I was jealous. You worked in a better time. And wegmans wanted to strike, the local scared them out of it and rolled over.

Good luck living in 1950. The competition doesn't pay double digits into pension plans, doesn't pay the entire premium for excellent health care,doesn't put up with grievances and work rules. Hell, some don't even pay ot.

It doesn't matter what guys USED to get everywhere, it matters what they get now.

Abf''s vacation sucks, but what are you going to do, abf guys are competing with companies that pay a lot less.

What do you expect when the members become weak?

Never said I was jealous. You worked in a better time. And wegmans wanted to strike, the local scared them out of it and rolled over.

You didnt have to say you were jealous. Your gravy train remark said it for you. If Wegmans members wanted to strike, they would of struck and not of got scared and rolled over. Its always better to put the blame on others instead of yourself, isnt it?

So when a union fails, it's always the fault of the rank and file, and they should always have to pay dues, got it.

What about canary's post about getting threats after taking a bad deal to the nlrb? Guess he should have just been happy that his local screwed him over, huh?

Why is it always the fault of the members when a union fails?

Getting threats are part of the deal when you go up against a local. You act like no one ever got threats before. Thats your problem, you think everything should be a cakewalk. Risks are always involved in fighting for what you believe in. What, do you think that you are making what you are today because of the company's generosity? No, much was sacrificed while fighting and earning it.

Like I said before, I dont think youre union and i'll even go as far as saying anti union. ABF getting a decent contract, what a joke. Even the members who voted for it now realize what a mistake they made.

This is how you reply after I blew your analogy out of the water with these posts.

Thats a pretty dumb question but I'll answer it anyway. He sure can take them to court but so can the union member who thinks he got ripped off. You just can say that you think the contractor ripped you off and not pay, the court has to decide. If that were the case, the contractors wouldnt be making enough to survive.

Now what did that little analogy prove except to prove my point, not yours.

I bet that you really believe that crap you saying so I tell you what, become a contractor and tell people that if they dont like your job that they wont have to pay. Then check back with me after you become homeless and I'll buy you a meal after you clean my windshield, thats if you do a good job cleaning it. I see that youre still beating that dead analogy of yours.

Lol, you old guys are f'in hilarious. That's why guys like you usually end up getting kicked out of meetings, or being told to leave picket lines.you live in lala land. Enjoy your pension, and your alternate reality.

Good luck living in 1950. The competition doesn't pay double digits into pension plans, doesn't pay the entire premium for excellent health care,doesn't put up with grievances and work rules. Hell, some don't even pay ot.

It doesn't matter what guys USED to get everywhere, it matters what they get now.

Abf''s vacation sucks, but what are you going to do, abf guys are competing with companies that pay a lot less.

You never did say where you work.

Lol, you old guys are f'in hilarious. That's why guys like you usually end up getting kicked out of meetings, or being told to leave picket lines.you live in lala land. Enjoy your pension, and your alternate reality.

I think its better getting kicked out of meetings than rolling over and having them shove their crap down my throat. We have names for people who think as you and contracts to show because of people like you.

I'm glad you find me hilarious because I find you pitiful.

And thanks for wishing me well on my pension and lets hope that you wont have to work until you die because I dont wish that on anyone. Everyone deserves to retire at a decent age.

Yes they do, unfortunately you have overly simple ideas that mb worked when trucking was regulated, but don't work now. Why do you think the teamsters organize bus drivers and airlines. How many places that vote the union in actually get a contract? Btdt, mb you havent, the unions don't have any tricks left up their sleeve.

I think its better getting kicked out of meetings than rolling over and having them shove their crap down my throat. We have names for people who think as you and contracts to show because of people like you.

Guys like you got lucky with riding the tail end of a regulated industry, anyone under 65 is sol.

And it's hard to hang tough when the wegmans local let them out of the pension because they have a brand new non union shop in pottstown. Sort of cuts the leverage to zero.

Like I said before, I dont think youre union and i'll even go as far as saying anti union. ABF getting a decent contract, what a joke. Even the members who voted for it now realize what a mistake they made.

You just proved my point, if the contract sucks, why are you advocating paying for it?

Yes they do, unfortunately you have overly simple ideas that mb worked when trucking was regulated, but don't work now. Why do you think the teamsters organize bus drivers and airlines. How many places that vote the union in actually get a contract? Btdt, mb you havent, the unions don't have any tricks left up their sleeve.

I cant argue with you much there but I think that we still wouldnt of had all these crappy contracts if the members would of remained strong, stuck together and not caved in to their fear. And your right, I was one of the lucky ones in freight. I started with ABF and ended with ABF which is a rarity these days.