TForce | Has any of you thought that the Teamsters union may wash their hands on UPS Freight.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
My former UPS Freight co-worker friend told me the union reps.were really ticked off about the last contract not passing.

He goes to my church & we share what we've learned about this mess.
We both also have prayed that this new proposal will pass & everything will go back to normal.

I got my first Teamster LTL driving job in 1966,when it was real pride to be a member.
However after earning a pension for my years of service.
A pension that was contractual,that was promised,was cut last year by nearly a third.
Being a teamster has lost it's luster.

g3XRnpU.jpg

They spend thousands trying to recruit a hand full of car parkers at the airport. You really think they would dump 8,000 high paid members.. Not a chance... They are pissed, we are pissed... Business as usual....

My former UPS Freight co-worker friend told me the union reps.were really ticked off about the last contract not passing.

We both also have prayed that this new proposal will pass & everything will go back to normal.
If not....then the IBT is already sending the signs to the Locals just in case.....
VTtWhtC.jpg

If not....then the IBT is already sending the signs to the Locals just in case.....
VTtWhtC.jpg
There will nothing to picket UPS has already stated that on the contractor conference call. When the contractor company said they would cross the picket Lines no problem the UPS person on the call said there won't be any picket lines the doors will be closed if it's a no vote. Once again the teamsters leadership is completely getting played by UPS. that message came from a road driver this morning said he's listen to the YouTube video.

Last edited:
There will nothing to picket UPS has already stated that on the contractor conference call. When the contractor company said they would cross the picket Lines no problem the UPS person on the call said there won't be any picket lines the doors will be closed if it's a no vote. Once again the teamsters leadership is completely getting played by UPS. that message came from a road driver this morning said he's listen to the YouTube video.

Heard it from a friend who heard it on the internet? Well that settles it then; it must be true!

Heard it from a friend who heard it on the internet? Well that settles it then; it must be true!

I haven't seen the video, but he was one of the strongest no votes in the terminal and he sees the futility of the situation. His anger is now all focused at the IBT,
Me, I'm just depressed by the whole situation. Knowing how many of my coworkers are going to lose work because this stupidity.

I've heard a few talking about washing their hands of Teamsters. But I think it's one of the evils you have to put up with in life. Not planning on withdrawning.

Each local sets the time and place. All voting is done in person. More people voted in person in the strike vote in 2013 than did by mail in ballot. At least 1200+ more showed up to vote. I am sure this one will be the same. Everyone's job is on the line.

I highly doubt the 62% no votes on the first offer will hold up. Only 828 have to change to yes, plus those qho show up and didn't vote the first time. With all the uncertainty of the future, many will vote yes, juat as happened in 2013. And that first contract vote was defeated at 75% no. This one didnt get near that support , only 62% no.

Each local sets the time and place. All voting is done in person. More people voted in person in the strike vote in 2013 than did by mail in ballot. At least 1200+ more showed up to vote. I am sure this one will be the same. Everyone's job is on the line.

I highly doubt the 62% no votes on the first offer will hold up. Only 828 have to change to yes, plus those qho show up and didn't vote the first time. With all the uncertainty of the future, many will vote yes, juat as happened in 2013. And that first contract vote was defeated at 75% no. This one didnt get near that support , only 62% no.
That YRC driver I talked to on Channel 19 still thinks it's going to be an no vote! We prayed together for it then the rest area

IBT will never wash their hands of UPS Freight. Though I’m sure UPS would love the LTL to become non union so they can bend us all in funny ways and get away with it.
Vote your conscience. Either way, I want one of those signs.

Dock worker,

This is not a vote of conscience. It's a vote of economic survival.