TForce | Has anyone been using the Diad for awhile?

From what I understand, Its a smart device. It keeps Info, Like your speed, how long you have idle, how many times you have used your brakes, how many times you have stopped, Ect, Ect.
Correct, it's also your log book.
They can pull up a printout and see everything from start to finish. But from time to time it comes unplugged from the tractor. Especially on a hot summer day:1036316054:

Well half of my terminal finished our Diad training 1/23/07 than we were put on the street to do the best we could.
I only made 2 minor errors.
My TM told us we all did good but then brought us to his office with a print-out of the mistakes we made.

So we are no longer just truck drivers working for UPS.

We are UPS Freight Material Relocation Technicians.

We have gained more than paper work,now we also have to deal with our little brown plastic wize guy,that tells our managers everything we are doing,ever minute of ever working day.

3 & 1/2 hours of training was really blowing my poor small gear jamming brain.

But with my prayer to Jesus and he will help me remember what I need so this little box won't defeat me.

Say hugnlug my old Volvo has an air conditioning box on the right of my drivers seat.
Theres enough room on top of that box.
Other than there I don't know anyother place that it could go?

When a cop car comes to a red light next to me I can see their lap tops mounted to their instrument panels.
It really looks crouded inside his car.

But if the regular parcel tractor trailer drivers have had them all this time,than UPS must know how they are going to mount them in our cabs.

Just throw them on the floorboard. :biglaugh:

I see a Fedex Freight driver on my route who claims they've been using devices like we have for around two years so far.
He says his manager watches his computer for any driver taking to long somewhere,than lets them have a question,and answer period when they get back to their terminal at the end of the day.

I'm sure we will be in the same boat,when we get used to these little brown plastic wise guys.

We will be given enough time to not ask how to use them.
Only my TM knows how much time we will have.
After that time we will be watched very closely from our terminals office computers.

So I see that the good old days of just slamming gears,and turning the wheel is over.

Say who invented the computer anyway?
I'd like to have a word with him.

Yippy my thrid day with my little brown plastic wise guy,and I didn't make any mistakes with deliveries,and pickups.
I did have an O.S.&D I had to call dispatch to get it right in this plastic box,but thats not something that happens every day.
Just one more thing to get used to doing.

The big royal pain in the back side now is the DR's.
Now that we are getting used to our plastic tattel tails we need to get rid of the paper chase.
Its double work at every stop,one or the other needs to go,and I dare say it will be the paper, before we see these little brown plastic narcs go away.

We have not got the Diads yet.
But when handling Hazardous Material shipments, DOT requires a paper copy.
How are they going to do this with the Diads?

This Diad that I've learned to use this week has proven to be a great big NARC,ratting me out to dispatch.
Not that I'm doing anything that I don't want them to know about.
But I felt a lot better off doing my job before without it.

We don't call into dispatch anymore to pe-con our pickups.
These little narco boxes are used to scan the pickup bar codes on our pro stickers.
Than we have to add the rest of the info,on the Diad screen.

I had 9 bills at my last pickup stop tonight.
I put all the info from the first bill.
Than called our billing gal with my cell phone to pe-con the rest.
Calling in is still the easy way.

I did my route today,making one pickup that was text messaged to me on my narco box.

After I got my deliveries off,and got that pickup.
I stopped at a large grocery store parking lot to take my lunch break.
I was out of service,and doesn't my dispatcher call me to make the last pickup.

Now you can see why I call my little brown plastic box,a NARCO BOX.
All dispatch has to do now is bring me up on their computer screen to see what I'm up to.

Oh my isn't modern technology wounderful?(NOT!!!!!!)