XPO | has anyone heard about new changes

justrucking14

TB Lurker
Credits
it's been said that within 2 years dhl will own con-way. overtime is being moved to 48hrs down south and that linehaul vac. pay is being changed.

justrucking14 said:
it's been said that within 2 years dhl will own con-way. overtime is being moved to 48hrs down south and that linehaul vac. pay is being changed.

I wish you would have added that our pay down south was going up too. :bgroovy:

But on a more serious note, I don't think they would let it out of the bag that we would be bought out two years in advance.

Sounds good about the overtime and linehaul pay though.

justrucking14 said:

I don't think they would let it out of the bag two years in advance that we were being sold.

Sounded good about the overtime and linehaul pay though.

in order to compete i think DHL is gonna have to make a move. FedEx & UPS has got their foots on DHL's throat. chokin the ::shit:: outta them too. their profit in the US was not what they expected. we shall see.

StrokerAce said:
I don't think they would let it out of the bag two years in advance that we were being sold.

how does 48 sounds better then 40 i rather start at 40 then 48.

DOLLAR BILL said:

I don't get overtime, I run linehaul. but it sounds good for the city guys. Not everybody gets overtime at 40 hours. If yours does then great for you guys. But to be honest after I sat here and thought about it, the more they lower the hours to get overtime the less hours the city guys get. They hate to pay overtime. I guess I would rather get straight time than no time.

i thought we got over time after 8 hours per day
and why would it be better to work 48 hours before getting overtime instead of 40 :duh:

dockboy said:
and why would it be better to work 48 hours before getting overtime instead of 40 :duh:

Nobody said it would be better. In the South we get overtime after 50 hours, not after 8 hours or 40 hours.

dockboy said:
dockboy:
central div get o.t after 8 or 40 which ever comes first.
southern div gets O.T after 50 hrs

StrokerAce said:

the info about the buy out came from a ups exc. it was also said that conway would be there biggest comp.

DOLLAR BILL said:
strokerace is right there already cutting our hrs. they started bringing l/h drivers to work out bound to keep hrs down. and they're gonna hire more dsr.

justrucking14 said:
Rumors fly around on buyouts I am sure that DHL is looking at several companies including DHL but the big money seems to be on YDR according to this article . Read the last paragraph.

by John Heiderscheit | Comments(0)
Now I get it! For months, Rock Island-terminalled YRC Worldwide’s shares have been grinding lower.
A Chinese water torture-style decline usually signals problems at a company beyond run-of-the-mill operational snafus that pop up following an acquisition spree of the type YRC has carried out.
YRC revenue has been light and expenses have been heavy. But still, the nation’s premier less-than-truckload carrier should not be trading at eight times earnings.
Unless, course, investors think that those earnings are going to be under direct attack from the Death Star of transportation, FedEx Corp.
Cue the Darth Vader music — FedEx is about to make an entrance, stage right.
YRC (formerly know as Yellow and before that as Roadway) has some serious challenges coming down the pike: managing expansion in China, integrating big acquisitions, placating the Teamsters — a potential strike in 2008 looms — and dealing with fuel cost escalation.
All of these issues pale, though, next to the growing competitive threat from FedEx, which recently announced the acquisition of Watkins Motor Lines, primarily to take away business from YRC.
There are reasons to think the Watkins acquisition will be great for FedEx. FedEx will gain terminals, drivers and management, all of which are in tight supply in the trucking business. It gives FedEx Freight a separate operating network optimized for longhaul service such that each network can focus on being the best in its market segment.
In one way, the big FedEx move could help YRC. Some industry experts think the Teamsters may view the expanding FedEx Freight as a strategic problem, since FedEx is non-union carrier. As FedEx grows, the Teamsters shrink. The Teamsters, therefore, may be less likely to take a hard line in contract negotiations with YRC in 2007-08, fearing further loss of market share. (It would be a very reasonable fear, by the way.)

If YRC’s share price drops much further it could be a buyout candidate for behemoths like DHL International or Deutsche Bahn. And that is the main reason to think, assuming that there is no economic slowdown, that the sell off in YRC may be contained in the months ahead.