SAIA | has anyone heard what GA Tech decided with linehaul

WinterEagle

TB Lurker
Credits
it was brought to our attention last week in our 4Q meeting that GA Tech has concluded their research and study on the linehaul lanes and schedules. I have heard that they will be cutting some run but adding on more system runs. Has anyone else heard this or anything different?

Have'nt heard anything,but my opinion freight is sitting too long with drivers wasting their time working the dock.Drivers should be used as such, moving freight not on tow motors working the dock.

i absolutely agree. i myself am hoping they will create more system runs so i can get out of p&d and finally back on the road again. i run extra runs every saturday and i'm running an average of 570 miles every saturday going from terminal to terminal. of course i love the miles but it just surprises me as to how much freight there still is to be moved on the weekends. i past more saia trucks than any other company on the weekends.

One run cut in SAN. Gee do you think with all the extra tractors available they will actually assign one to system drivers? Better not hold my breath. :hysterical:

it's already been happening. they cut our NSH laydown and added a system and shuttle...then they cut our LNC meet and added a system.

yeah they said our terminal is supposed to rebid at the end of the month. hope we dont lose any runs but do hope we get our system run back

O goody, farther down on the bottom of the barrel. Lessee....how many years to hold a bid run one can pay bills on?....Um...no..not 5......mmm? It don't matter I like workin weekends.

O goody, farther down on the bottom of the barrel. Lessee....how many years to hold a bid run one can pay bills on?....Um...no..not 5......mmm? It don't matter I like workin weekends.

You are right about that...nothing like working you butt off only to go in the opposite direction...sheesh. I'm right there with ya..BT. I guess it is better than some of the pain I read about in a few of the other LTL co,'s. Now...were fixin to find out if our system miles stay up around 2500/wk.

You are right about that...nothing like working you butt off only to go in the opposite direction...sheesh. I'm right there with ya..BT. I guess it is better than some of the pain I read about in a few of the other LTL co,'s. Now...were fixin to find out if our system miles stay up around 2500/wk.

You got that high? It has been a rare thing to get that many miles in a week. Most weeks they run me between 1700 and 2400. (not my choice by the way) I'm focusing on eliminating debt so that it won't matter so much.

Brother trucker come on man don’t get down!! You know when the share and care gets into full swing you will move up faster than a hot knife through butter!! Next thing you know you will be doing a STN turn!! :1036316054:

Brother trucker come on man don’t get down!! You know when the share and care gets into full swing you will move up faster than a hot knife through butter!! Next thing you know you will be doing a STN turn!! :1036316054:
Last time I saw STN was on the way back from ELP three or four weeks ago. I aint on the geezer patrol, yet. We'll save that spot for red eye.

our system guys are still getting good miles and one was getting 6 dispatches a week and not asking for it. it does appear seniority is backsliding though..a guy with 6 years of linehaul time got bumped after one of our runs was cut. he was given the choice of system or a dock/shuttle run. i see more and more of this in the future with the company trying to get rid of laydowns except for system drivers.

our system guys are still getting good miles and one was getting 6 dispatches a week and not asking for it. it does appear seniority is backsliding though..a guy with 6 years of linehaul time got bumped after one of our runs was cut. he was given the choice of system or a dock/shuttle run. i see more and more of this in the future with the company trying to get rid of laydowns except for system drivers.

The way it was done in DLS!! Lets say I have 10 years in and my run got cut! Anyone with a run with less time I got to take their run!! Then the person’s run I took got to take any run below him in seniority!! Until the last person with a run got kicked back into the system!!!:nutkick: